Author Topic: skandia tungsten jigs  (Read 1590 times)

Offline bigyam627

• Team IceShanty Regular
skandia tungsten jigs
« on: Nov 28, 2011, 09:39 PM »
went to cabelas the other day and picked up some skandia tungsten jigs. i noticed that they have a tiny plastic tube on the hook right behind the body and have no idea what purpuse it has. Anyone have an answer?
"Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for the once bitten, there is no cure."

surflizard

Re: skandia tungsten jigs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:03 AM »
The plastic sleeves are used to hold the round glass beads tight against the rear of the lure body, no glass bead ??

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:18 AM »
I believe Surf is right. I got a few freebies in the mail awhile back. I took the plastic sleeve and pushed it up onto the jig body a bit to hold bead in place. Otherwise the bead and sleeve will slide up and down hook shank which might impede hook sets, especially on the tiny jigs...mine are #16's 
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2011, 09:36 AM »
No th esleeve is for the bead. CJ&S and some other companies use a piece of tubing to hold the bead in place also. I usually glue the bead fast and remove the sleeve. Although the bead moving back an forth can make a soft sound or tick.

Offline bigyam627

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2011, 10:51 AM »
thanks for the input guts. i hadnt taken the jigs out of the package when i asked the question and now i see it is too hold the bead up. ill prob remove them and super glue the beads on.
"Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for the once bitten, there is no cure."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.