Author Topic: jigging rap techniques  (Read 17343 times)

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
Re: jigging rap techniques
« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2011, 09:16 AM »
well i was out yesterday walleye fishing with a #9 florecent orange rap, and i was hammering perch. unreal.
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2011, 01:30 AM »
i like to jig it in foot and a half lift/fall lift/fall until i attract something on my flasher. Once i see the fish i pause the rap and just quiver it to trigger them. ALso, i like to put a small minnow head on the rear tine of the treble hook. Plan on fishin them again tomorrow!! Cheers.

Offline oldbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • usmc 1972-1976
« Reply #32 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:46 AM »
jigging raps work very well....but not sure the instrutions are a good guidline. lift fall pause mabey tiny vibrate. i rarely make mine swim in wide sweeps. i also smear them in liquid power bait.
one issue with a new lure is guys use it when their old faithfulls arent working because fish arent biting well.......so the lure already has a strike 1 against it.....and if the fish are off a aggressive rap is strike 2.
I never had any faith in a jigging rap until the walleye and perch were really aggressive one day and I decided to tie one on. They were just as effective as anything else I had in my box.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.