Author Topic: Aqua Vu  (Read 2437 times)

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spam America's New fad diet
Aqua Vu
« on: Oct 20, 2005, 07:39 AM »
I am thinking about buying the new aqua vu instead of a vex for the winter what are the pros and cons each if you could only afford to have one...Thanks for you help
I use the 80/20 rule you need 80% of the tackle to catch 20% of the fish

Offline ice dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Aqua Vu
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2005, 11:29 AM »
IF i could only buy one I would buy the vex first. It will make your search for good water and fish faster. It will show you depth, weeds, bottom hardness, fish and bait fish. The camera is great for after you find fish and want to know what they are responding to and spiecies. Just my 2 cents.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2005, 12:36 PM »
water clarity seems to be an issue with the aqua vu.  the "murkier" the water, the less you see.  i used one once, and to be quite honest, was very impressed with it.  but my vexilar located the fish and i already add a mess when a guy let me play around with his aqua vu.  the last i knew the vexilar was cheaper and can be used more effectively from a boat also.  but i am biased.....

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2005, 01:07 PM »
Vex first ;D
       Jim

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2005, 02:21 PM »
Take it from a long time "ROOKIE",a Vexilar is a Ice fishing"TOOL",a Aqua View is a Ice fishing "TOY"
Without a doubt,invest in the Vexilar,you'll never regret it,

Jimmy

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2005, 02:44 PM »
We now use both on the ice.  The Vu is cool tool to have on the ice.  It is a blast to watch the fish and see how they react in there own habbitat to your presentation.  I have bee totally amazed how that camera has no affect on the fish.     We have seen some awsome stuff with the Aqua Vu, but having said that, I would never ever trade it in for my vex.  And, You can't see the fish until you find them.  When you want to run and gun and look for fish, you need the vex.  The vu takes too long to get set up to be used as a fish finder, it is a fish watcher.
Carp

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2005, 07:06 AM »
The problem i see happen with the Aqua Vu is water clarity, and when you do hook up the fish winding around the cable like a dog tied to a tree LOL. Go with the Vexilar you wont regret it!!

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2005, 10:22 AM »
I agree with all the above , go with the vex first , you can find the bottom humps , weeds and fish a lot sooner/easier with the vex. After that is when it's time to play with the Vu. Water clarity DOES have a lot to do with what u can see with the Vu , with that being said , you can't just drop the camera fast down the hole to see whats there , if you do you'll hit bottom and stir up all the muck and have to wait 10 -20 mins before things clear up enough to start seeing anything.

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Well put Jimmy!
Fish on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.