Canada > Ice Fishing British Columbia

Hello fellow BCer's

<< < (3/3)

racerb:
Hey All,
I am new to this site and just thought I would stop in..I am just getting into fishing and today I went ice fishing for the first time..not so much luck though..I will start to check in here more and maybe get some tips from you guy's..

Josephs Prairie:
"Hi" to all those who replied. I am glad that there are so many from around BC here. So I am talking local fish with local people. Especially "BCSmits", since he is so close to me. I hope you use the site more often. Nice Bow by the way. Last year I caught a 24" rainbow out of Grundy Lake at the start of the ice season, fought him for 20 minutes before I could get him on the ice.
To Ice Gido, I use a large treble hook with a piece of raw squid for bait on 12# line set on or near bottom with a large weight. The Ling are usually close to the bottom and will even pick your bait of the lake bottom because they are like biottom feeders. Night time is usually the best time to fish for them in the winter, Fish near narrows, creek/river inlets, under water channels or near shallows. Ling won't bite like trout they will suck in there food and swim away with it, so watch your rod because they will drag in in on you if you are not watching. Watch for your line to be on an angle through the hole in the ice and set the hook but make sure the ling has it well enough to hook him. We also fish for them on the rivers here were they will search them for food but it can be un-safe when ice covered at night.
Let me know if you have more questions, as I am in a hurry to do this post. Merry Christmas Everyone!

MAG:
YA BABY CRANBROOK RULES , SPENT MANY DAYS FIGHTING FIRES THERE IN THE 90'S . I'M FROM FT ST JOHN AREA AND CHETWYND. DOLLIES ON THE WAC DAM AND WALLEYE ON CHARLIE LAKE .  FOUND ONE OF THOSE HOT SHOT HAND WARMERS IN A DOLLY COUPLE YEARS BACK, HEART BURN CITY!!

TGF:
Welcome aboard MAG. I spent many a day planting trees in your neck of the woods. Wonowon, Halfway river, Sukunka, Hassler flats, Moberly lake etc. Always wanted to come up your way to go on ice. Welcome. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version