Author Topic: Real time weather check  (Read 2989 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Real time weather check
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2022, 05:33 AM »
Ended up with 7 or 8 inches yesterday with some drifting up here in northern Noble County

My John Deere snowblower attached to the tractor stopped working twice thanks to the slush under the snow in places. Packed in the shute like concrete. Got stuck a few times until I realized I really didn't have it in four wheel drive like I thought I did. 

Snowing again this morning but more wind forecast today up to 30 mph which is not good for back roads.  Sure glad I'm self employed at home now. I remember working jobs where I had to come no matter what. One job I was called a liar if I tried to call in sick. I wonder how many in the public I  got sick working behind the meat counter in a grocery store? 
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #31 on: Feb 03, 2022, 06:10 AM »
didnt get anything else last night allen co.  roads are fine acept lil bitty drifts.  i told the wife to drive the AWD to work this morning just in case.  she said was going to just take the lumina because it wasnt bad out, but she couldnt get doors open from ice. lol  my wife is scared to drive in snow conditions, but she will without too much complaining.  last year we had a dumpper and she pushed snow with the bumper of the AWD, to get to work. she said a kid with a jeep called in.  boy did he get rode and still does, for that. lmao  me i go out and have fun on county roads like a teen sometimes. :)  older folks remember how we dealt with it. years ago it was every year a few times.  now the media sets those of weaker mind stature in a frenzy over nothing.  :'(  im amazed at how many people freak out over some snow!  what the hell you think our northern border state people do?  they get out and go to work like we used to do.  now days a lot of cars are front wheel drive or all wheel drive and go through snow like a tank.

forecast present day:  snow storm heading our way. its going to drop 30" of snow accompanied by 50mph winds! businesses will be shut down so make sure you have what you need.

forecast 40yr ago: snow storm headed our way.  5-6" expected but could dump up to 16"-20 if it stalls over us. winds around 10mph with higher winds possible.  be prepared to bust some drifts on your way to work in the morning. ,<===said with a slight laugh

taxi, next time dont put the blower down so far. the top snow doesnt clog as bad.  wet snow just dont blow.  i just got the propane weed burner out and melted mine off. lol  effective and looks cool before sunup ;D
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 03, 2022, 06:19 AM »
taxi, next time dont put the blower down so far. the top snow doesnt clog as bad.  wet snow just dont blow.  i just got the propane weed burner out and melted mine off. lol  effective and looks cool before sunup ;D

Yup that's what I ended up doing.

I can't believe how easy they get out of school these days compared to when we were in school!

OTOH the kids are stuck with online learning if they have to stay home.  :roflmao:

At least we got the day off!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline PoleCat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • IceFsh'nNut
« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2022, 06:32 AM »
To fish or not to fish is the question. Not for sure I want to battle 15-20mph north wind. But found some nice slab crappie yesterday... :tipup:
HoosierPoleCat member since 2003

The high price of Freedom is a cost paid by a Brave few... Semper Fi

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2022, 07:27 AM »
if it wasnt for the wind polecat we would be pulling fish man!  im not a fan of windy fishing either.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 03, 2022, 08:17 AM »
It just quit snowing again... looks like we got a touch over 9" between yesterday and the bit we got this morning.

Gotta love sweeping that off the car 😂 I need to go check the mail and get some Rogue pouches.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 03, 2022, 08:38 AM »
Yesterday in Lake County I blew 8" at 8:00am then at 3pm another 6". Didn't go out last night but it quit right before dark. Nothing more this morning but drifted pretty good. Looks like it's over here. Have to go out and get it off drive.
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline Ace in the Hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 03, 2022, 09:02 AM »
About 7-8" so far and its been snowing since i got up. The snow is fine....wind is swirling snow off the roof. Snow is suppose to continue till dark with some rural roads drifting shut. 3-5" additional today. My Road is plowed but im not cleaning out till Friday morning.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 03, 2022, 09:03 AM »
Maybe 2-3"or so in Henry county. Ice underneath snow. It is and has been snowing pretty much all morning.

Offline kyron4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 03, 2022, 09:07 AM »
Anyone been on State rd. 15 from Wabash to Warsaw ? Got to try to make to work tonight. Got between 8" to 10"  as of 10am. snapped off a few pine limbs last night. Thanks

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Feb 03, 2022, 09:20 AM »
North Indy got a slight glazing of ice last night before the lull.  A little over 2.5 " of fine snow as of 9:30 this morning.

fish on,

rivereddy

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 03, 2022, 09:32 AM »
Been plowing on and off since 3 a.m. yesterday in newton county.  Wind picking up now so it's kind of a losing battle with drifts. No idea of snow totals.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 03, 2022, 09:36 AM »
I just got back from Watseka IL and US 24 is an icy, drifted mess. Several cars in the ditches

Offline Hog Daddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • old school - the "don't laugh " sled
« Reply #43 on: Feb 03, 2022, 10:33 AM »
got about 1/4 inch of snow beads on top of thin glaze of ice here at 11:30 BC. Grass is still sticking up thru it.   At this point, I'm thinking I went to the trouble of mounting my front snow plow to the tractor for this?   We still have a few hrs to go.  My wife's tradition is to make home made donuts when we have a big snow.  I'm still hoping, lol.

HHD

Offline Ace in the Hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 03, 2022, 10:57 AM »
Just went out to kennel to feed dogs and ive got close to 9...10 inches and shes still snowing and blowing. 

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 03, 2022, 11:52 AM »
Heard on the radio all Newton and Benton Co roads are closed because of the drifting. That wind is flat nasty today. I can barely tell where I ran the snowblower yesterday.

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Feb 03, 2022, 12:00 PM »
Albion got another seven inches and is still snowing lightly. Probably a foot over all around my place. Most counties around here are under snow emergency and advising emergency travel only. I think it’s like a code red status. Hex

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Feb 03, 2022, 12:24 PM »
That is a CODE WHITE, as known in hospitals. Some workers there had to stay overnight.

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 03, 2022, 01:53 PM »
Pretty nasty in Miami county...I'm guessing 10in....FISH ON!!!!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 03, 2022, 04:55 PM »
Albion got another seven inches and is still snowing lightly. Probably a foot over all around my place. Most counties around here are under snow emergency and advising emergency travel only. I think it’s like a code red status. Hex

I just had a customer pick up a couple of crappies driving from Bristol Indiana to Ligonier. He said the main roads were good but back roads suck.

My deck looking out one side of the sliding patio doors:

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 03, 2022, 05:52 PM »
We got a bit more this afternoon, but the blowing was ridiculous. It pretty much all filled in where I ran the snowblower yesterday afternoon.

Hard to tell exactly with all the wind, but I'd figure we ended up with somewhere between 9-10" total. Kid's school is closed again tomorrow, but work is repoening when I get there to open the doors at 445am.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.