Author Topic: Dropped rod in lake, need replacement  (Read 725 times)

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Dropped rod in lake, need replacement
« on: Sep 17, 2021, 09:47 AM »
I dragged a spoon I've the spot for an hour without success. I need something for using 4mm tungsten jigs and also very small jigging spoons. Not willing to pay $33 shipping like some are asking. Don't want anything real colorful. Any suggestions?

I sometimes anchor and use ice rods over the side. Works awesome. This rod caught on something and when I set the hook on another rod, it flew into the drink. Very sad moment.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Dropped rod in lake, need replacement
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2021, 09:56 AM »
I dragged a spoon I've the spot for an hour without success. I need something for using 4mm tungsten jigs and also very small jigging spoons. Not willing to pay $33 shipping like some are asking. Don't want anything real colorful. Any suggestions?

I sometimes anchor and use ice rods over the side. Works awesome. This rod caught on something and when I set the hook on another rod, it flew into the drink. Very sad moment.

If I remember.....I believe you cash gills a lot. If you want something for that purpose.....the HT Ice blues, Shakspeare version of the HT Ice blues, or the Schooley rods should work well.

I can't remember the name.....but ht also makes another really good rod that would fit your needs really cheap.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dropped rod in lake, need replacement
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2021, 10:17 PM »
I'm really looking for something that is a step higher in weight class, with the 4mm tungsten being almost too light for it.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.