New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

Storing Auger... Looking for advice

<< < (2/4) > >>

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: filetandrelease on Apr 11, 2021, 02:10 PM --- I have a 10 plus year SM lazer mag , I store it wet with a dose of sea foam , I forgot about it the last 2 seasons  shame on me , pulled it out 3 pulls running like a top ,
 Asked my bud King perch he also forgot about his SM power auger dosed with sea foam with the same results , started right up ,

--- End quote ---

X2 or I guess X3 on the SeaFoam as well .

skifisher:
I agree with all the above, and the SeaFoam. I also recommend using TruFuel in lieu of  “pure” gas. It’s more expensive for sure, but since I’ve been using it, I’ve not had any problems with my 11 year old Strikemaster, even after being stored from one ice season to the next.

ice dawg:
I bought my first ice auger in about 1980. I have owned four since then and have never stored one dry. Non-ethanol gas and Seafoam. When I started my auger this winter it took two short pulls.

filetandrelease:

Forgot to mention I use non ethanol 90 octane as soon it was available

bikrsrule:
I have owned a jiffy (2) since 1990 and have always dumped the gas then ran em until they were out of gas..always worked for me..just my .02 , I will provide a report next winter as to how it started when fuel was added.. :tipup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version