Author Topic: Underwater Trout Reaction to ICE FLY  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Underwater Trout Reaction to ICE FLY
« on: Mar 25, 2021, 02:07 AM »

Underwater Analysis of Rainbow Trout Behavior on a Bright Sunny Day and how the Relate to a Flashing Spoon with a dropper ice fly versus a stand along Balance Leech.  Before I watched the footage I actually wondered if there were any fish around when I was jigging my spoon around the area.  Everytime I stopped and put the Jaw Jacker down it would get a hit quite quickly.

There were fish around they just were not interested in chasing after the fly below the spoon.  It seemed like the flash coming off the spoon was spooking them.  For some reason they would come in interested and as soon as that spoon flashed they would loose interest or vear away suddenly. 

Meanwhile with the Jaw Jacker and the subtle wiggle from the tooth wheel on the Balanced leech they would come at it multiple times until hooked.  So much more aggressive on the very same day during the same time frame.  Such different behavior. 

Goes to show that on some days presentation really does mak all the difference.  That is why taking the time to change your gear up does make a world of difference of some days.  So try not to say to yourself the fish are not biting.  Keep an open mind and maybe you just haven't figured out what they are biting on yet.

I hope you liked this underwater video that shows the difference between two types of presentation on the same day.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.