Author Topic: Flutter Spoon Rainbow Trout  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Flutter Spoon Rainbow Trout
« on: Feb 26, 2021, 09:47 PM »

If you are having trouble catching trout through the ice then you really should try using a Flutter Spoon like a Slender Spoon to catch more trout.  This type of lure is a thin spoon with a slow fluttering motion on the fall.  It provides tons of flash and attraction for the fish.  This will help call in fish to your location and make it easier for you to find active fish.  Fish that are willing to chase a flutter spoon quite often with bite aggressively. 

I like to fish this pattern quite eratically falling from just under the ice down through the water column and all the way to the bottom.  This will help suspended fish see your presentation and give away there suspended depth as they rush in to catch the falling spoon.  Quite often fishing a the same level in the water column can help you catch more fish.

I often tip my spoon with a small piece of bait. You do not want it to be too large or it will interfere with the spoons natural flutter down.  Also you want the hooks to be exposed nicely for a solid hookset. 

I know a few of you have asked where the Slender Spoon has gone, so I thought I would bring it back for this show.  It still works great.  Lots of fish to be had on this lure.  I just took a break to explore some of the less touched corners of the tackle box. 

If you have any recommendations on what you would like to see next time then give me a recommendation below. 
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
Re: Flutter Spoon Rainbow Trout
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2021, 04:06 PM »
Nice video
Master Laker taker.

Offline A man called horse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2021, 09:45 AM »
Great advice, I have a few made out of spoon/fork shanks.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2021, 07:07 PM »
 Thank you for making and posting the video having different lures can make a big difference some days. May you have a good end to this ice fishing season.
   Steve

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2021, 08:07 PM »
Great video. I have the Slender Spoons, but don't have the Flutter spoons. The Slender spoons work well. I'll to get a few of the Flutter spoons and try them out.

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2021, 12:02 AM »
Great video. I have the Slender Spoons, but don't have the Flutter spoons. The Slender spoons work well. I'll to get a few of the Flutter spoons and try them out.

A slender spoon is a type of futter spoon.  A slender spoon is a Proper name.  A flutter spoon is a type of spoon.  So if you have a Slender Spoon, you have flutter spoons.

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2021, 12:04 AM »
Thank you for making and posting the video having different lures can make a big difference some days. May you have a good end to this ice fishing season.
   Steve

Thanks, unfortunately the beginging of march has been dead.  Skunked the last two times out.  Did well a couple weeks back for perch!

Great advice, I have a few made out of spoon/fork shanks.

Thanks.  Yeah always fun making your own lures.

Nice video

Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.