Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Hardwater Cuisine

Perch Egg Culinary Query...

(1/5) > >>

Anomaly:
Hey ALL, Finally got a good spot for these guys and girls up here in Maine. I love the eggs. Usually split the skein and roll in corn meal or the like. You folks have any other favorite recipes? I’ve been thinking maybe like fritters after removing the skein. Maybe like a perch egg hash kinda thing. Any culinary delights you might share??? Thanks!

For the fillets, one  favorite  method, poor mans shrimp!  Fried is good! sautéed with butter and light spicing works! So does baked with crab stuffing and garlic white sauce! Getting hungry!

trapper2000:
good eats

jiignut:
Nice eats. That Slaw caught my eye and made my mouth water. Will make tonight. Don’t know how but it looked extra Tangy. What’s your recipe if you don’t mind?

Anomaly:

--- Quote from: jiignut on Feb 17, 2021, 10:37 AM ---Nice eats. That Slaw caught my eye and made my mouth water. Will make tonight. Don’t know how but it looked extra Tangy. What’s your recipe if you don’t mind?

--- End quote ---
The Cocktail sauce, right? If so, 1 cup catsup. 3 BIG tablespoons horseradish, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper and about an ounce of Jamaican Jerk sauce and juice of 1/2 small lemon. All this is more or less sorta kinda, but close. It’s different a little every time I make it, depending on what hot sauce catches my eye when I open the fridge. The first 5 ingredients are standard. Take it form there!  ;D

Rugburn:
 Does seem like a waste to throw out all those eggs, I've never tried them but I'll try anything once. We've been enjoying a lot of perch tacos this winter!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version