Author Topic: Which part is this?  (Read 802 times)

Offline Bassman1up

• IceShanty Rookie
Which part is this?
« on: Jan 31, 2021, 10:30 PM »
Started up the old jiffy model 76 yesterday and discovered a gas leak.  That white round piece that you see in the center has fuel bubbling out of the bottom of it.  It look like there’s a crack in the bottom of it.  You can’t see the crack because of the angle I had to take the picture.  That white part is to the right and in back of the red choke lever.
What is it and what parts do I need to find to repair it?
Thanks for any help!

Offline slappy1972

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Which part is this?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2021, 03:23 AM »
If you want to do a quick repair till u get the other piece clean the white piece off good and use jb weld,Make shure  it is clean very well before using jb weld.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2021, 04:54 AM »
this may be it ..they go bad in the StrikeMaster Mag 2000..

https://www.drockicecenter.com/640363-fuel-inlet-elbow/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2021, 07:53 AM »
Thats your fuel inlet valve. Pretty common issue. One that hastens the linlet cracking is the continued use of  ethanol gas and the alcohol in it. Makes plastic hard and brittle. Almost any small engine shop has these on hand;  not restricted to just auger carbs. Should be a Tecumseh part.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2021, 08:01 AM »
Yeah i do not have any of those newer style inlets but when you get a new one put a little seal all on it when you put the new one in.seal all is gas resistant.be careful if you use pliers to pull it out or you will break it off in the carb.if you wanted to jerry rig it you could slather seal all on it.seal all is good stuff and was made to repair holes in gas tanks.

Offline 77tech

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2021, 08:40 PM »
hardwater beat me to the link to drock.  I bought a jiffy model 76 a few years ago because it was leaking gas and the guy couldn't find anybody locally that would work on it.  I got it for $50 sight unseen and found the fuel inlet was cracked and leaking.  I got the fuel elbow from drock and can verify that it fits and works.

Offline Bassman1up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2021, 08:21 PM »
I don’t know if I can find one of those local or not, I’m in Maine.  Might have to get in touch with drock to get one.  In the meantime I do have tankweld.  I’ll put some on see if it cures it for the time being.  Thanks guys

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2021, 08:44 PM »
I don’t know if I can find one of those local or not, I’m in Maine.  Might have to get in touch with drock to get one.  In the meantime I do have tankweld.  I’ll put some on see if it cures it for the time being.  Thanks guys

Search this part number   640363 FUEL INLET ELBOW..Walmart and Amazon have it via a third party
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.