Author Topic: Eskimo Quickfish 3 vs 3IT vs 3I Ice Shelter  (Read 3847 times)

Offline SmilingBob

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo Quickfish 3 vs 3IT vs 3I Ice Shelter
« on: Jan 30, 2021, 10:16 AM »
I am looking to purchase an ice shelter. Just missed out on a Eskimo Quickfish 3I on Facebook Marketplace locally for $175. Sportsmans Warehouse has the Eskimo Quickfish 3 and 3IT on sale for $159.99 and $183.99.

What kind of temperature range are the three models good for with and without a heater? Any info on pros and cons of these three models would be greatly appreciated.

SmilingBob

Offline MC_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo Quickfish 3 vs 3IT vs 3I Ice Shelter
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2021, 01:25 PM »
Spring for the insulated one. It's WAY warmer and takes way less heat to keep it warm

I have a Fatfish 949i (insulated) and was fishing yesterday in 15 degrees, no wind and sunny - I used less than 1/6th of a pound of propane in 5 hours of fishing, because the shanty warmed in the sun and stayed warm with basically just the pilot light on the Buddy heater.

With a  3 person insulated shanty you won't need much in the way of a heater to keep it nice

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2021, 11:45 PM »
Yup, go with the insulated.

Less condensation, less wind noise and defiantly warmer.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:26 AM »
The 3IT is only insulated on the top only.
<===Lefty===

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2021, 07:29 AM »
I use the QF3i mainly as a portable spear shack and have been using the interlocking foam anti-fatigue mats as a floor.  At times the Buddy Heater on low gets it too warm inside and I will run the pilot flame only, then turn the burner on periodically.  I typically sit in the shack with my coat and gloves off and stay very comfortable in temps down in the single digits. Easy hub style shanty for one person to put up and take down, too.

Offline SmilingBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2021, 01:14 PM »
Thanks for the replies compadres. Missed out on the 3I shelter haven't had any luck finding another. Local Spotsmans has the the uninsulated Quickfish 3. I would have to go over to Laramie to get the 3I with the insulated roof. Is the insulated roof on the 3IT a usefull addition?

Got a line on Clam 5600 with brand new in package extra tent as well as the tent it came with for a $100

SmilingBob

Offline jhmulhair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2021, 05:26 PM »
I just got the 3IT from a local sportsman's in PA. If you go that route make sure it rings up at $183 like it shows online, they were marked in store over $225

Offline SmilingBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:04 PM »
I just got the 3IT from a local sportsman's in PA. If you go that route make sure it rings up at $183 like it shows online, they were marked in store over $225

jhmulhair,

Let me know what you think of your 3IT when you get to use it.

SmilingBob

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:05 PM »
I have the 3i and love it.  It heats up well with no condensation. I had the uninsulated and it could get kind of cold.  Plus, it would drip with condensation.  I would definitely get the 3i.  I don't know what the 3T is.

Offline SmilingBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:09 PM »
I have the 3i and love it.  It heats up well with no condensation. I had the uninsulated and it could get kind of cold.  Plus, it would drip with condensation.  I would definitely get the 3i.  I don't know what the 3T is.

wyogator,

The 3IT has an insulated top only from what I have read.

SmilingBob

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2021, 08:00 PM »
Have you considered other models?  For another option you can get the 949I, the insulated FatFish, it's a little bigger than the Quickfish 3 (two feet wider and longer), weighs about the same, but costs more.  I have a FatFish 949I and like it a lot.  It's fully insulated and pretty warm even without a heater.  Personally between Quickfish 3i and the FatFish 949I I would go with the FatFish because of the extra room and bigger size.  Another option is the 40250 Outbreak 250XD which is also insulated.  MoreOutdoor4U.com has them in stock for $349.99 with free UPS or FedEx shipping. 

Here's a link to the Outbreak shelter:

https://www.moreoutdoor4u.com/40250-ice-shelter-outbreak-250-insulated.aspx

Here's a link to all the pop-up shelters from MoreOutdoor4u.com:

https://www.moreoutdoor4u.com/fatfishwidebottomportables.aspx

Walmart's website says they have the 949I shelters in stock and they want $329.99 with free shipping.  Here's the link:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eskimo-Fatfish-949i-Insulated-Pop-Up-Shelter/45806021

Walmart also has the QuickFish 3i in stock for $249.99 with free shipping.  Here's the link to it:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eskimo-69445-Quickfish-3i-Portable-Pop-Up-Ice-Fishing-House/45806336

Offline SmilingBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2021, 08:02 PM »
Have you considered other models?  For another option you can get the 949I, the insulated FatFish, it's a little bigger than the Quickfish 3 (two feet wider and longer), weighs about the same, but costs more.  I have a FatFish 949I and like it a lot.  It's fully insulated and pretty warm even without a heater.  Personally between Quickfish 3i and the FatFish 949I I would go with the FatFish because of the extra room and bigger size.   

Chris338378,

Thanks for the info unfortunately he 949I FatFish is out of stock at Sportsmans Warehouse.

Thanks for the updated ino.

SmilingBob

Offline SmilingBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2021, 10:41 PM »
Found out I can get a insulated Qucikfish 3i at geteskimo.com for $200 with free shipping using the 20 percent military/first responder discount. Has anybody dealt with geteskimo.com?

SmilingBob

Offline armyredneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2021, 10:52 PM »
I bought my 3i from geteskimo, but I didn't see any discount for military. I wish I would've known...
Good experience though, no issues and had it within a few days

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2021, 11:04 PM »
Found out I can get a insulated Qucikfish 3i at geteskimo.com for $200 with free shipping using the 20 percent military/first responder discount. Has anybody dealt with geteskimo.com?

SmilingBob

Yup, excellent service.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2021, 01:22 AM »
I bought my 3i from geteskimo, but I didn't see any discount for military. I wish I would've known...
Good experience though, no issues and had it within a few days

Well you have to create a military discount membership thing at the Gov X or something.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2021, 05:00 AM »
Ordered the QF3 from them 2 weeks ago on Tuesday and got it on Thursday free shipping and no tax. $139
<===Lefty===

Offline struckus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2021, 02:34 PM »
always get insulated..non-insulated is a deal breaker for me in any shack..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.