Author Topic: 1st Annual Terry Sweet Memorial Meet and Greet-fishing derby -- Pictures  (Read 5551 times)

Offline Ise De Gurl

• IceShanty Rookie
Here are some of the pictues Paul took today,   he will add more, as he uploads them to Photobucket.    Thanks to everyone who spent many hours volunteering to make this event happen,   it was a great day, and a fun time.   And a special thanks to the sponsors who helped support this event.

Offline kodiak80

• Team IceShanty Regular
great pictures, but i don't see any fish  ;D

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ok it only seems fair to post the pictures of the Tiny but the (only fish) caught today.

Offline wannabebrookiebasher

• IceShanty Rookie
not a great day for catching fish but a fun day anyway...many thanks to all who worked to set this up.....

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
Yes it was a good time had by all. I would to thanks all the sponsors and the people that help make this happen. Here are some pics that I have. I will upload more when I get more time.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
great job guys!!
the blown up picture of terry holding the laker was pretty kewl..
we'll have to setup more dates soon with some serious fishing involved!!!
thanx everyone! :)
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline Kenbo3

• IceShanty Rookie
yea, it was a really good time thanks to all for putting it together.
well, you think it's any good over there?

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Glad to see the pic of Terry blew up so nicely.         

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Glad to see the pic of Terry blew up so nicely.   (Image removed from quote.)     (Image removed from quote.) 

(Image removed from quote.)
thanks again for the picture..

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
thanks again for the picture..

No problem SC.   ;)2

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Looks like a good time and a great tribute to Terry!

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
yeah er-e-is, we miss the crap out of terry. It hasnt been the same.

Offline Terrysmom

• IceShanty Rookie
want to say how very honoured, pleased, touched, and greatly proud I am to see that you had a First Annual Terry Sweet Meet & Greet-fishing derby, (although through teary eyes and a broken heart) It is such an honour to see Terry favourite passion carried on. Wondering where it was held and why there were not many fish caught. Terry's Mom-Megtan

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Wondering where it was held and why there were not many fish caught. Terry's Mom-Megtan
I would like to say it was an honor to have called Terry my friend, he was awesome in every sense of the word but to be so awesome he must have came from an awesome family. He will be sadly missed by all that new him on the site.
The Meet and Greet was held at Gravel Pit Lake and the reason was, it was one of Terry's favorite lakes and his final resting place was just a few hundred yards from the lake. The reason why there wasn't any fish being caught was the lake is very small. With all the activity on the ice, it had made the fish not want to bite but it wasn't all about the fish it was about meeting and greeting new people and dedicating this event to one great guy.
I'm also pleased to say that this years Ice Shanty Derby is dedicated to Terry as well and there will be alot of fish dedicated to Terry also.
Please feel free to look around the site and look at the pictures.

Jim AKA Bill Dance

Offline Terrysmom

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks Jim-Bill Dance. I thought the scenery was familiar around your Meet & Greet Derby. It was nice to see so many people, young and older. does anyone know how I can reach Terry's friend Tom (?) a Finnish friend in PG? Also the fellow that he drove the Ice Highway with? Thanks again Terry's Mom

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I will send you a PM with their numbers.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Thanks Jim-Bill Dance. I thought the scenery was familiar around your Meet & Greet Derby. It was nice to see so many people, young and older. does anyone know how I can reach Terry's friend Tom (?) a Finnish friend in PG? Also the fellow that he drove the Ice Highway with? Thanks again Terry's Mom

I'm the fellow Terry came to visit in Yellowknife and drive the ice roads with.  ;)

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
What a wonderful event for a great guy.  Catching fish is a bonus, but it's the get together that really people will remember.  I wish I was there.  I never fished or met Terry in person, but always admired him here on this site.  I'm touched.
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
Congrats to you guys for putting up such a wonderful event. The smiling faces says it all  :)
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline Sharella

• IceShanty Rookie
   It looks like all had a great time thanks to everyone who had a hand in putting this event on and I look forward to the next one.

I was with Terry's wife my sister at the time and could not attend but myself and my husband and Bare would love to attend the next one.

Terry has instilled a passion in me for ice fishing for a few years now.

I live in northern BC a place called Jade City. I will greatly miss his advice on ice fishing I sure hope I can find advice through this site lol I'm sure I will. Let me know if anyone is every traveling up this way I will help out anyway possible.

thanks again for all the support through a very difficult time.

(Sharella) :)
Charlotte Lebel

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
   It looks like all had a great time thanks to everyone who had a hand in putting this event on and I look forward to the next one.

I was with Terry's wife my sister at the time and could not attend but myself and my husband and Bare would love to attend the next one.

Terry has instilled a passion in me for ice fishing for a few years now.

I live in northern BC a place called Jade City. I will greatly miss his advice on ice fishing I sure hope I can find advice through this site lol I'm sure I will. Let me know if anyone is every traveling up this way I will help out anyway possible.

thanks again for all the support through a very difficult time.

(Sharella) :)
Charlotte Lebel
Hello Charlotte and Paul.  ;D
My oh my,  how things can change. It was only a few years ago, when Terry and I visited you. Our plan was to return to Jade City again later. I found the people there very friendly and the wilderness was inspiring.
Thank you again to you, Paul, the owners of the Jade store for welcoming me as one of your own.
Our prankster named Terry....lol...... pulled a good one on me when I was there......hopefully Paul remembers....the story he fabricated about "the Scandanavian spreading his seed at the moose kill site". :P
I'll never forget Terry's humour and his zest for living life to the fullest.
Ron aka Blue Igloo from Manitoba  :tipup:

Offline Terrysmom

• IceShanty Rookie
Is there going to be a 2nd Annual Terry Sweet Memorial Meet & Greet-fishing derby this year??

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
We do have plans Terrysmom but they are still a bit fluid. We were thinkin about dragon lake this year one of terrys favorites. We have worked out a wicked cheap deal as
t sandman inn . Bill dance is in charge this year. I will still help with the prizes

Offline Terrysmom

• IceShanty Rookie
Please keep me posted, or let me know how I can find out info. I hate to plead ignorance but where is Dragon Lake? I know there are lots of lake around BC and I never did know the names of them. Thanks!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
I just got back on Ice Shanty after an absence of around two years.(I crashed my computer in Dec. of 2010) I had other things in life to take care of before replacing the computer. Finally back up and running ,just browsing through the site clicked on B.C. community and saw this post.
  Let me add my much belated condolences to Terry's family and friends. He was an asset to this website and a real advocate for the sport of ice fishing his posts will be missed by me and many others.
 A good and safe ice season to all in B.C.

Steve

Offline Red Snapper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Stick, line, hook, bait...
Looks like a fun time! Paul, invite me next time!

Cheers!
It is believed that Oakley taught upwards of 15,000 women how to use a gun. Oakley believed strongly that it was crucial for women to learn how to use a gun, as not only a form of physical and mental exercise, but also to defend themselves.  She said: "I would like to see every woman know how to handle guns as naturally as they know how to handle babies."

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
Looks like a fun time! Paul, invite me next time!

Cheers!

It was a good time.   I will let you know of the next one for sure

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.