Author Topic: Re: 3rd Annual WY vs. B.C. Laker Thread, Big Lakers, little chatter...  (Read 5616 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Wyoming has made a post referring to our little side tourney. Check it out.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=177010.0

Can someone from BC please catch a big laker like last years to beat them. :-\

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Can someone from BC please catch a big laker like last years to beat them. :-\

What? Your arms painted on Terry?
Go catch your own!!!!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Oh yes I will be catching fer sure....just would like more of a team effort this year ;)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Oh yes I will be catching fer sure....just would like more of a team effort this year ;)

So what you're saying is the rest of your BC IS brothers are a bunch of slackers then?     :whistle:
Of course I haven't seen you enter any fish yet either.    ;)2

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I keep waiting for a big one from you too Drifter.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
I keep waiting for a big one from you too Drifter.

No trout here, nothing to see, move along.    :whistle:
My problem is having to wait for it to warm up a bit and the days to get longer.
Have some new water to try but have to wait for a couple of ice roads to open first.   ;)2

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
Hey TGF, my buddy and I are thinking about doing an overnight trip on a weekend to get into some big lakers and ling. Do you have any suggestions? We have snowmobiles but would like to drive in most of the way. We will be staying in a Argo snowmobile trailer so it would have to be able to get back there as well. PM me with some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No trout here, nothing to see, move along.    :whistle:
My problem is having to wait for it to warm up a bit and the days to get longer.
Have some new water to try but have to wait for a couple of ice roads to open first.   ;)2

Sorry, must have had you confused with someone else.... :unsure:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
So what you're saying is the rest of your BC IS brothers are a bunch of slackers then?     :whistle:
Of course I haven't seen you enter any fish yet either.    ;)2

No the rest of BC is concentrating on burbot and brookies. For lakers we have to travel a couple hours out so not as much pressure from BC.

I won't go on our big lakes for lakers right now as I value my life to much. Our lakes will firm up, then watch out, I will put some pressure on ;)

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tried for a bit yesterday, not even a strike though. Unfortunatly the fishing was poor for all species. Oh well, have to get em next time!  ;D  :icefish:  :icefish:  :icefish: :icefish: ;)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
No the rest of BC is concentrating on burbot and brookies. For lakers we have to travel a couple hours out so not as much pressure from BC.

I won't go on our big lakes for lakers right now as I value my life to much. Our lakes will firm up, then watch out, I will put some pressure on ;)

Been a bit tropical has it?
Not here been in the -30's to -40 the past couple of weeks.   :'(
A little warmer today but windy.
I would go out today but there's some rods I gotta finish building.   ;)2

Offline Rcundy

• IceShanty Rookie
more like a frozen monsoon, we have almost 4 on the ground feet where we are, and its all pretty much fallen in the last 3 weeks,

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Its going to be sad if  a New Yorker takes this catagory and both mods get a hair cut.... ;D ;D ;D   Cus were going after the big ones next week...          Well, not as big as yours, but still big.. ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
 The bet is only between Wyoming and BC and who evers laker is bigger the other mod gets a crew cut. If North West Territories gets 1st, and BC gets 2nd and Wyoming 3rd, then BC wins  ;)

Been a bit tropical has it?
Not here been in the -30's to -40 the past couple of weeks.   :'(
A little warmer today but windy.
I would go out today but there's some rods I gotta finish building.   ;)2

Tropical is good right now to know down the 5 feet of powder that is hard to get thru with the sleds in the back country and to knock the snow down to ice level. -30 to -40 would do us no good right now....gotta knock that insulating snow pack down.

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Spudbar puts another one on the leaders board..... :afro:

Offline spudbar

• Team IceShanty Regular
Where is Koz, slayer,and Tbone? Those guys are the backbone. Is it TGF vs Wyoming this year?  ;D

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Have not heard from Kozfish? Maybe he is in hiding?
Tbone is maybe setting traps again???
Fish-Slayer I will be arranging a trip with as long as he isn't working?

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
wish my legs were younger

Offline spike024

• Team IceShanty Regular
The bet is only between Wyoming and BC and who evers laker is bigger the other mod gets a crew cut. If North West Territories gets 1st, and BC gets 2nd and Wyoming 3rd, then BC wins  ;)

Tropical is good right now to know down the 5 feet of powder that is hard to get thru with the sleds in the back country and to knock the snow down to ice level. -30 to -40 would do us no good right now....gotta knock that insulating snow pack down.

aw common you can beat those ny fellas Terry  ::) there is no province or state that can defeat the b.c. crew :-\ maybe we need to get our good buddy km to show us how it is done again ;D
2 inches solid ice? with only 4 inches slush on top....mmmm it will be fine..holmes you go out first...

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
aw common you can beat those ny fellas Terry  ::) there is no province or state that can defeat the b.c. crew :-\ maybe we need to get our good buddy km to show us how it is done again ;D

i will gladly fish with km. old school style  :icefish:

TGF and some are coming by my place in later Feb. i have faith in those guys like last year.

Offline spike024

• Team IceShanty Regular
 ;D old school style lol i dont think that is legal bait ::)
2 inches solid ice? with only 4 inches slush on top....mmmm it will be fine..holmes you go out first...

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
What's the word boys!!!! What's the word!???????!??
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Try back by this Friday as that's when the boys get back from their laker trip, hopefully with a 44" laker. ;)2

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Yep, I posted on this before I scrolled down, clicked on some topics, and saw the "main men" were on a good 'ol walter trip! I hope they catch TONS of 38"ers  :whistle: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I know one thing, the fishing has to be quite good for me to stay in a ice fishing tent for 5 days in -2 F with 23 mph winds BRRRRRRRRR!  :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
Heard there's been a fish caught....in Wyoming.  :whistle: :whistle:
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Hopefully TGF get something this week or it doesn't look good for his hair.  :'(

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=164770.0

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nahhh... I don't think that "little one" will last long..  ::)  ;D  ;D  Terry's got his work cut out for him!  :-\ gunna be tuff to beat that one!

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
damn Terry, sure would have like to have met you when you still had hair :afro: :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: :laugh:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
damn Terry, sure would have like to have met you when you still had hair :afro: :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: :laugh:

I will have hair by then Ouzel....it grows back quickly ;D

Nahhh... I don't think that "little one" will last long..  ::)  ;D  ;D  Terry's got his work cut out for him!  :-\ gunna be tuff to beat that one!

Heh we did last year...this year was much tougher. Blew 3 belts on my trip this time due to snow on lake. Just couldn't move around like I like to.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.