Colorado > Ice Fishing Colorado

Night fishing

(1/4) > >>

Switzersland:
is night ice fishing allowed in Colorado state parks, or do you have to get your gear of the ice after sundown??

_colorado:
Depends.  I haven't been to all of the state parks but you can fish at night at 11 Mile.  Spinney closes every night a half hour after sunset (or something close to that) but you can't ice fish it anyway.  Now that you mention it, I can't think of another state park that I've ice fished besides the Mile.   I'll be interested to see what others say.

fire-n-ice:
I thought you couldn't fish ice after dark anywhere in colorado. Now i'm curious.

coboy:
I've ice fished Eleven Mile after dark with no success and I know you can fish it after dark on open water only from the shore after dark. Doesn't make a lot of sense.I used to fish for catfish and
crappies at night at Pueblo Res. The regs. are a bit vague.I would call the DOW for a specific body of water you want to fish to verify if you can or not.

_colorado:
Let me state up front that I've never caught anything after dark in Colorado (Wisconsin was another story...)

You definitely can fish 11 Mile 24/7 for all four seasons.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres/279EA0CB-C63F-4B49-8150-8B1DD38FB390/0/Ch01.pdf

And from the same document:

101 - SEASON DATES AND HOURS
A. Except as otherwise provided in these regulations, all waters of the state shall be open to fishing using all manners of take day and night, year around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version