Author Topic: snowmoble transportation...  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Kingperch101

• IceShanty Rookie
snowmoble transportation...
« on: Feb 12, 2018, 01:33 PM »
I have a 1997 artic cat jag strictly for ice fishing. I am looking for a way a good bucket system for the back for bait and I am lost on how to mount it to such a small bar in the back of the sled. I am also looking for a good auger rack for my sled as well (I have a 10 inch eskimo rocket 1 "gas"). I am trying to get both my bait and auger out of the sled to free up room and stop the weight on one side of the smitty sled.

Any links or info is appreciated!

Thanks!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: snowmoble transportation...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2018, 01:54 PM »

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Kingperch101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:13 PM »
On a budget, I am a high schooler  ;D

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:58 PM »
On a budget, I am a high schooler  ;D

Maybe you could speak with your schools metal shop teachers ...some off ice season fabrication could be in order...some good auger racks can be modified to your needs ...rear rack can be customized to your needs.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

RallyGreen

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2018, 12:24 PM »
For lures and tools, I use one of these bags across the fuel tank of my old Polaris Indy. I paid 5 or 10 bucks for it. I use double sided smaller sized plano boxes for large rattlebaits and spoons. Each side fits 3 plano cases. pliers, line scissors and jaw spreader all ride in the mesh side pouch on it. Something like this could be a cheap step towards being more mobile

Offline Rex in OTZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2018, 10:35 PM »
I love pails, the thing is to go ice fishing here one must make it to where the channel is and school's of fish feeding (1+ miles),  snow-machining is the best method, some folks do manage to dig, jounce and claw over the wind hardened finger drifts by atv,  and you can bet what ever was in your pail will be all churned up, that is if the pail is still upright and firmly attached to your atv.
Sleds do glide better over most the drifting but still a few hard drifts will jounce a sled and churn up most of what you place in a pail in the sled.
This year we have on average 16"-20" of snow on the ice.
I can usally ride from my front yard about a city block over to the lagoon and take a round about trail out onto Kotzebue Sound on the staked trail about a mile to the sweet spot.

luv2fish2

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2018, 06:16 PM »
bucketracks.com there's also one that slings over the seat and holds a bucket on each side that one is under 30 over 40 dollars if i remember

Offline Rex in OTZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2018, 08:35 PM »
Im going to piggy back the snowmobile transpo thread.
Its fall in Northwest Alaska.
Looks like somebody was doing some storage cleaning and set this old sled out by the road with a free sign.
I must have passed that busted sled for 3 weeks, so yesterday I picked it up.
Whoever tossed the sled broke the front pair of ball joints affixed to the front of the ski's.
From its construction, its built really light using steel tube, I doubt it weighs over 40 lbs.

What brand of sled is this?

Anyone know what company built it or what era they were built?

luv2fish2

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2018, 07:23 AM »
found the the bucket rack i was looking for northshoreoutfitters.c om cheap and easy to mount

Offline Rex in OTZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Well those ball joints showed up this week, rewelded the top rail and installed the ball joints.
Greased the pivots and slider's.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2018, 09:14 AM »
Maybe you could speak with your schools metal shop teachers ...some off ice season fabrication could be in order...some good auger racks can be modified to your needs ...rear rack can be customized to your needs.

I love this idea!   :clap:

My son's best friends dad was a shop teacher and an outdoorsman. He liked nothing better than to help students with their special projects. Or even make it a "class project" for some of those that weren't taking the shop class itself. Grab some pics of what you're thinking about, some measurements for your machine and make a visit to pitch the project.

Good luck!  :thumbsup:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.