Author Topic: Eskimo Evo 2  (Read 13135 times)

Offline 59Cummins

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Eskimo Evo 2
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2016, 01:31 PM »
Pulled the trigger!   I'm going to put it together tonight. Maybe fish hef tomorrow.
Doing it better than I did it yesterday.

Offline bryantb2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2016, 05:01 PM »
Fished with my evo2 this morning for the first time. Initially I was concerned with the amount of room for storage in the sled however when I got everything around and put in the sled there was more room than I thought. I had two vexilars, a buddy heater, two spare propane tanks, a small and medium tackle box, a bucket of poles and tipups and my power auger all fit comfortably. As for comfort of fishing it was excellent. We fished two holes a piece plus a flasher hole and did not feel cramped. We ran a small buddy heater and had no problem staying warm. The only downfall was there was a bit of condensation that formed especially on the windows. Which wasn't a big deal but I had to wipe them to see my tipups that we're set a ways away. Only thing I will have to get used to is using the ice anchors. We had a 20+ mph wind and without the anchors the shanty would have been on the other side of the lake pretty quick. Looks like the drill adapter for the anchors would be nice. Setting up in the wind wasn't a issue.

Offline Raynestorm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 16, 2016, 10:14 PM »
Overall a great shack, and I think it's a great idea from Eskimo.

It is better suited to more stationary fishing situations. It's not very nimble for run and gun. Out fishing with buddies today, and one had the evo 2. Was windy and cold, so heaters on and staked down.  Fish kept moving, and the flip overs kept moving with them. The evo 2 stayed where it was staked down in the morning, and by the end of the day, was 100 yards from where the fish and we were.

Just something to keep in mind depending on your fishing style.

Offline jcrow75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2016, 12:20 PM »
I got my EVO 2 and had two things I found while putting  it together. Some bolts we missing for the tray that goes between the seats. After putting it together I found a ball bearing on the floor. Apparently it came from one of the swivels on the seats. Everything else was there and went together without issue.
I called Eskimo the next day and spoke to Michelle, one of the customer service folks. She emphasized that this was a new product for them and they want to make sure that everyone is happy with it. She ended up sending me two replacement swivels for the chairs and the bolts that were missing. I called on Tuesday and received the parts on Friday. I was happy with the response from Eskimo and the timeliness of their sending out the replacement parts.

In the meantime I'm waiting for decent ice!

Offline Carp414

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 17, 2016, 12:44 PM »
Hey guys, just getting serious into ice fishing and stumbled across ice shanty which has been a big help for a new guy! I recently purchased an EVO 2 and was wondering if the regular buddy heater is practical for heating the shack in subzero temps? I would like to stick with the smaller/cheaper buddy heater if possible, (due to being a poor college kid haha) but if the big buddy is needed then i will pony up and spend the extra money. I dont need it super warm but i do like not having to wear gloves and being able to sit with just bibs and an insulated sweatshirt. Any feedback will help, Thanks
One last note, it was -10 when i fished yesterday, with my Mr. Buddy header on low, it warmed up nicely with a bit of condensation on the roof. But it drips on the edges not in the center so it wasn't bad at all being not thermal.
If anyone has further questions feel free to ask or send me a PM.
Regards,
Sled

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #35 on: Jan 17, 2016, 12:59 PM »
Hey guys, just getting serious into ice fishing and stumbled across ice shanty which has been a big help for a new guy! I recently purchased an EVO 2 and was wondering if the regular buddy heater is practical for heating the shack in subzero temps? I would like to stick with the smaller/cheaper buddy heater if possible, (due to being a poor college kid haha) but if the big buddy is needed then i will pony up and spend the extra money. I dont need it super warm but i do like not having to wear gloves and being able to sit with just bibs and an insulated sweatshirt. Any feedback will help, Thanks

Not sure about the heating requirements for the EVO 2 ...as its a new model for this year ...the Big Buddy has been on sale at various retailers and on line for $ 100 ...also the Hunting Buddy is the in between model with a high of 12,000 btu...check your local/big box hardware stores they will be having sales soon if its like anything in the past .

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/mr-heater-hunting-buddy/0000000095604
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Carp414

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 17, 2016, 01:18 PM »

Not sure about the heating requirements for the EVO 2 ...as its a new model for this year ...the Big Buddy has been on sale at various retailers and on line for $ 100 ...also the Hunting Buddy is the in between model with a high of 12,000 btu...check your local/big box hardware stores they will be having sales soon if its like anything in the past .

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/mr-heater-hunting-buddy/0000000095604
Thanks for the feedback!

Offline bryantb2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 17, 2016, 05:26 PM »
Had mine out yesterday with high winds and below zero temps. I had no problem heating it with the regular sized buddy heater. Ended up taking the bibs off and just wearing jeans and sweatshirt.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 17, 2016, 05:48 PM »
How's the wind flap inside these past couple windy days? I have one but I've yet to set it up on the ice. I almost did today but I didn't feel like putting in the anchors by hand and I forgot my m12 at home. Tomorrow though I'm setting that beast up.

Offline Carp414

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 17, 2016, 08:50 PM »
Had mine out yesterday with high winds and below zero temps. I had no problem heating it with the regular sized buddy heater. Ended up taking the bibs off and just wearing jeans and sweatshirt.
Thanks for the report. I borrowed a regular buddy heater from a buddy and I'm going to try it out tomorrow before i go and make any purchases. I feel a lot better knowing someone else had good luck with it in the cold!

Offline bryantb2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 18, 2016, 06:56 AM »
How's the wind flap inside these past couple windy days? I have one but I've yet to set it up on the ice. I almost did today but I didn't feel like putting in the anchors by hand and I forgot my m12 at home. Tomorrow though I'm setting that beast up.

The wind flap was not bad. I put the narrow end into the wind and pulled the skirt tight before putting the anchors in. I did use the wind support poles. There was less flap than in my old flip over. The drill adapter would be nice however once you get the anchor started they go in pretty easy.

Offline sledneck22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2016, 09:04 AM »
I highly suggest the drill adapter. I bought one and makes this shack even better.
To fish or not to fish; there is no question.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 18, 2016, 01:44 PM »
Finally got my Evo2 out on the ice today. Got the drill adapter for Christmas so I was ready to go! Anchored down the narrow end and as I went to open the two front hubs I noticed a rip where one of the hubs had rubbed against the fabric and tore it. After further inspection the other side is starting to wear two holes in the same spot. Extremely disappointed in this product as it was the second time on the ice and the first time setting it up. I pay a lot of money for my equipment and I take very good care of it. I will be contacting customer service immediately.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2016, 04:32 PM »
Finally got my Evo2 out on the ice today. Got the drill adapter for Christmas so I was ready to go! Anchored down the narrow end and as I went to open the two front hubs I noticed a rip where one of the hubs had rubbed against the fabric and tore it. After further inspection the other side is starting to wear two holes in the same spot. Extremely disappointed in this product as it was the second time on the ice and the first time setting it up. I pay a lot of money for my equipment and I take very good care of it. I will be contacting customer service immediately.

Just a follow up on my customer service call. I was contacted by them today and I was very pleased by how friendly and helpful they were. They told me they would exchange my shanty for a new one of my choice. The woman told me if it was a little more expensive that would be alright too. I told her that I would really like to get an inferno flipmo 2 but the price was higher by a couple hundred dollars. She apologized again for my displeasure with my evo 2 and told me she could get me the inferno 2 free of charge. I was absolutely stunned, great great customer service. I highly recommend the Eskimo brand.

Offline Big fish tuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love the winter
« Reply #44 on: Jan 21, 2016, 05:17 PM »
That's what I call customer service ;D
catch some leave some

Offline 59Cummins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 21, 2016, 06:08 PM »
I have only popped mine up one in the living room. I sure hope this isn't going to happen to mine.  Sounds like a design problem and not isolated :-\   Guess it has a one yr warranty if it starts happening.   I was planning on getting 10yrs out of this thing.
Doing it better than I did it yesterday.

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2017, 10:21 PM »
I looked at the evo 2 last week all in all I liked the shanty but the main point that turned me away from it was the fact that the two swivel chairs are fixed at the end of the sled and if both poeple rotate towards the outside the backs of the chairs hit eachother. I ended up buying the frabill Aegis 2110 perfect for the money I spent($311) plenty of room for 2 poeple maybe check out the higher models of it might have a touch more room

Hey Vandam616, just noticed a post you made regarding the Eskimo Evo2. You had noted that the thing that turned you off about it was that the two chairs hit each other if both people turn to the outside at the same time. Just an FYI that the chairs only hit if they are both slid in to the closest position. The chairs are on a swivel, but they also slide outward on the track/frame which puts them farther outward. When slid out, they have over 12inches of clearance from each other when swiveled around. Either the model you looked at was not assembled correctly, or the salesperson did not show you that feature.  Hope the info helps. Tight lines....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.