The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Oxbow  (Read 764 times)

Offline Old Guy

• IceShanty Rookie
Oxbow
« on: Feb 19, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Does anyone know if the edges are starting to go at the oxbow?

Offline rogerj1977

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Oxbow
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2018, 01:49 PM »
was there last Wednesday and they were fine. As long as they keep a steady flow going over the dam in Holyoke there will be no water rise. With the size of the ice dams to the north i assume they wont slow the flow anytime soon.
" Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" 
Albert Einstein

Offline RickC

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Didn't look like it when I drove by Saturday with 100 guys out there fishing the 2 day derby.

Offline Old Guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2018, 03:32 PM »
looking for someone who fished it today that can tell me the ice conditions around the edges

Offline Icetrotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:06 PM »
I was out there today. We got there around 1230 in the afternoon and we got on the ice fine there was about a  dozen people out there. When we left from by the power plans I noticed the ice shifted and my foot when in about 6 inches we're it looked like an ice sheet was starting to break from shore. So I went and checked with my Spud and it went threw in one hit for about 10 feet before it got solid again. Over by the parking lot in the Marina the edges were also shot for about 5 feet before there was solid ice with the Spud bar, when I crossed back the edge was breaking under my feet. Bring a plank is all I can say. Managed some nice crappie though before the place goes crap. Biggest was 1.15 lbs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.