Author Topic: Micro plastics  (Read 6596 times)

Offline wolffpack08

• Team IceShanty Regular
Micro plastics
« on: Sep 15, 2014, 07:08 PM »
I've been wanting to get into some of the micro plastics but I cannot find them at any stores around.  I'm  looking for people's opinions on which ones they like, sizes, and colors.   I will be ordering off the Internet so I can't really see first hand what I'll be getting.   I will be going for perch and crappies mostly. Any help is greatly appreciated.    I have been looking at the custom jigs and spins plastics.

Offline diesel2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Micro plastics
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2014, 08:12 PM »
Used a some Trigger X mustache worms that a buddy had last year and they worked pretty great. I plan on getting mainly the Trigger X plastics this year due to the performance last year. I think the color matters more than the actual brand though. I mainly fish for crappie and gills with waxies. But plastics can get them biting on the days waxies won't.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Look into Little Atom & Maki plastics. Great products.
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2014, 05:24 AM »
All I use are whips. Google history of the whip at http://www.icefishingtime.com. If they are biting good leave them long if they are finicky cut them down a bit.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2014, 05:59 AM »
Good article and some leads on where to purchase

http://www.in-fisherman.com/panfish/the-clear-connection-for-panfish-lures/

I am going to try some small clear Berkley dog bones and atomic fry this coming ice season ..maybe some others 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2014, 06:01 AM »
I used some trout magnets last winter and the sunnies and gills seem to really like them  , didn't run any panfish magnets , due to lots of of our sunnies run close to a lb apiece , and a lot of the guys I know do well on macki,s

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Agree in carrying the "Whips" and also would look into the http://www.kjbplastics.com/joomla/ line. Use the Hummer, XL and Bomber often on Tungsten jigs. Tough, active plastics and reasonably priced

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Agree in carrying the "Whips" and also would look into the http://www.kjbplastics.com/joomla/ line. Use the Hummer, XL and Bomber often on Tungsten jigs. Tough, active plastics and reasonably priced

Thanks for posting quite a selection of style and colors ...lot to choose from ...have you used their scent ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline wolffpack08

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 16, 2014, 05:00 PM »
Thanks for the info?   Any tips on colors?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Sep 16, 2014, 05:05 PM »
I kinda kept it real ..all natural match the hatch colors ...red ..white ...black

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 16, 2014, 06:51 PM »
Thanks for posting quite a selection of style and colors ...lot to choose from ...have you used their scent ?
Haven't used their scent much but did OK. Prefer Pautzkes Liquid Krill  for nymphish/scud imitations and BogBaits (They make some wild Bass plastics) Leech Oil for whips and Little Atom teaser tail types, worms/leeches

Offline wolffpack08

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 17, 2014, 10:34 AM »
Thanks hardwater diehard.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Sep 17, 2014, 05:30 PM »
anise oil on my whips
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline just_a_beer_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Sep 17, 2014, 07:28 PM »

Just what I was looking for.... Should be set for a while!
Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline BRIFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Sep 17, 2014, 08:29 PM »
I really like the Versa Mite form J and S Custom jig, I tried some last year and crushed the gills and crappie.

Offline wolffpack08

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Sep 17, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Thanks brifish.   I'll look into those also.

Offline dab65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Sep 21, 2014, 03:12 AM »
Look into B-Y baits. Started using them last season. Never was one to use plastics much but these work. Good price and they also sell jigs as well. Free shipping if you order over $25.00 worth I believe.

Offline just_a_beer_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Sep 29, 2014, 05:59 PM »

Order just came in. They look great and he threw in 3 extra colors!  Im pumped.!
Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2014, 12:09 PM »
J&S, maki, contraband baits all make great baits too!
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 04, 2014, 12:18 PM »
There are a lot of good ones, though it is probably more about balance and presentation than which brand you use; only because there are so many good ones out there. Did well last year with Northland's Impulse tape worm; especially on crappie. That said; also used a good no. of the ones listed above as well.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 04, 2014, 01:37 PM »
Just picked up more whips this weekend. Several more hundred to add to the thousands I already have. Can a guy ever have to many?
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #21 on: Nov 20, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Wolfpack08....you can go on www.maniaccustomlures. com so I have been fishing these lures for about 8 years. The glo colors, crazy glo, orange glo, pink glo in the gizzy bug and gazillia. Also love the changeable craw fish color it is brown and green and it can be dynamite some days. The gizzy bug I like to use a 14 inch dropper below a cast master. I take the hook off the cast master and put premium swivels at both ends. I've learned that using the better swivels tangles less. And I use a 1/32.oz jig head for the gizzy bug and I tip it with night crawler or wax worm or Perch eye. I'm known to catch them 72-75 feet deep. Excellent for pan fish and the Walleye love them too. Hook em' and Cook em'. I'm out here in Utah. Tell the guy at maniac that the Pikeman sent ya.

Offline SDBirddog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 07, 2014, 09:27 PM »
I have found that perch somedays really like a black trigger x mustache worm along with gills and crappies.

Offline nicjohnsrud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 08, 2014, 12:00 PM »
I use Little Atom from yourbobbersdown.com. Great product!

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 08, 2014, 12:51 PM »
Little Atom's Micro Noodle have produced best for me of all the plastics I've tried. Purple & red for whatever reason...
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Kyle_J

« Reply #25 on: Dec 09, 2014, 08:24 PM »
I have had the best luck with j&s plastics, whips, and gulp fish fry. Impulse mayflies worked pretty good too.

Offline joedevera

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 10, 2014, 11:44 PM »
Try Jr's Jig Tails, 55 colors and a bunch of sizes. Great customer service and a product that works!!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27 on: Dec 11, 2014, 02:58 PM »

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #28 on: Dec 11, 2014, 03:39 PM »
Put an order into kjb last year with a buddy of mine , nice baits great service , the guy ever threw in some free samples to try  .
Making my own plastic whips/ slivers  now , but still use the kjb bait s  ..resonably priced

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 26, 2014, 01:00 AM »
Trigger x plastics have been working really well for me this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.