Author Topic: Removing Rust From Pull-Over Seats  (Read 284 times)

Offline VanderLaan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Removing Rust From Pull-Over Seats
« on: Sep 16, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Picked up a Nanook of off Craig's List yesterday.  The seat frames have rust bubbles/blisters.  Problem is they appear to have a rubber/plasti-dipped coating on them.  It is not paint or powdercoat. So, I was thinking of hitting it with a wire brush in a drill, but I am not sure what to do after that.  Afraid that the only long-term solution is to sandblast them clean and repaint.  Hate to put that much coin in shanty seats.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?
The test of man is not how how far he will go to win, but how far he will go when he has already lost.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline wolffpack08

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Removing Rust From Pull-Over Seats
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2014, 07:32 PM »
I have played with the Plasti-dip a couple time like linked above.  Works good but i dont think its a permanent thing.  It peels off quite easy, if you want similar finish go with automotive under coating.  If it were mine Id just spray paint it black.

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2014, 08:58 PM »
Do the seats slide of this metal?  If not, sand them down and put a coat of spray on bedliner on them.  It is like $10 a can at Fleet Farm.  Will hold up well.

Offline VanderLaan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2014, 08:44 AM »
Thanks for the ideas guys.  I thought about the plasti-dip, but like Wolfpack, I am afraid that it will not last.  Going to Menards tonight for hardware and a pull rope.  Will check out the bedliner while I am there. 
The test of man is not how how far he will go to win, but how far he will go when he has already lost.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.