Author Topic: L. Manitoba-Delta-update  (Read 695 times)

Offline icebraker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont catch today? There is alway's tommorow!!
L. Manitoba-Delta-update
« on: Jan 03, 2009, 11:51 PM »
Well, Lake Manitoba today was a complete white out. Good thing we had the GPS and compass with us. All the new snow leveld everything. You could not tell where there were drifts, craks or ice pilled up untill you hit them. Unless the snow gets hard, 4x4's will have a tough time. Snowmobile is the way to go.

As for the fishing, it was very slow. Wind from the east no sun and not to to cold usually makes for a poor day out there. But anyway we gave it a try. Drilled holes in the first spot, 8 ft of water sat there for 30 min, not even a bite. Went further north a 1/2mile, caught 1 fish in 20min. Went further north about 1 mile, caugth nothing in 30min. Decided to go back to our initial holes put the line down and caught fish instantly, there was 3 of us and we left with 25 perch and a 5 pound northern pike which was nice.

Another group was out there and they did not do any better than us.

I think the fishing will get better yet!

<'(()))<

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
Re: L. Manitoba-Delta-update
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:19 AM »
Thanks for the detailed report IB  :)
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Great report ice breaker. Love Lake Manitoba and her delicious perch. Northern was a bonus eh.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Darn fish,eh?  Had you stayed at site #1, who knows how many you would have caught?  On the other hand, they may never have showed up. ........ I'd have moved too, just like you.  Glad you guys got perch, I'll be out there one of these days.
Skiff
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline mekurt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2009, 02:55 AM »
i don't know what happened to the old lake MB and the great perch fishing, was out on the weekend for the first time since moving north and well to say the least it was very disappointing I think i will stay in the north where ice fishing is more than making the lake in to Swiss cheese and no results

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.