Author Topic: Winnipeg Free Press survey on Outdoors  (Read 1133 times)

RandyH

Winnipeg Free Press survey on Outdoors
« on: Mar 17, 2007, 10:43 AM »
The Free Press has a survey form in today's issue, basically asking for people to tell them what they want to see in the way of Outdoors columns. Here is a link to the online version of the survey. This is a good opportunity to tell them what you would like to see in the future.

http://winnipegfreepress2.com/osdev/outdoor_sports_survey/

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Winnipeg Free Press survey on Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2007, 10:54 AM »
The Free Press has a survey form in today's issue, basically asking for people to tell them what they want to see in the way of Outdoors columns. Here is a link to the online version of the survey. This is a good opportunity to tell them what you would like to see in the future.

http://winnipegfreepress2.com/osdev/outdoor_sports_survey/

I saw that...perhaps someone can help me out...they moved the fishing column to the Sports section, where it ran a few times and I haven't seen it at all lately...am I just missing it, did they move it again, or has there been no column the last few weeks?

http://winnipegfreepress2.com/osdev/outdoor_sports_survey/ to make it a bit easier for y'all.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

RandyH

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2007, 11:46 AM »
You're right Thriller - seems like it hasn't been in the Press for a few weeks. And I'm sure it hasn't been moved to another section.
Maybe the reason for the survey is to really guage whether the readers want anything at all in the way of hunting or fishing columns? i.e. lack of response means not wanted?

Offline Boatless

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Basically what's happening is that the Free Press is revamping the outdoor column. They're looking for something fresh and has a better presence in the paper. It ran untill Feb. 10th and will begin again in the coming weeks with a new feel. I'm glad to see the link posted on a couple of the sites.

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Maybe they'll revamp the page into something really useful for outdoors people, particularly hunters and fishers.  It'll date me, but I remember cutting out (and using) the recipes for reloading shotgun shells that Mel Dagg used to post years back.  I think I still have some of those yellowed clippings, even though lead shot can't be used anymore.  More recently, I always liked Don Lamont's fishing columns, they were filled with tons of local fishing info that a person could use.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2007, 10:20 PM »
More recently, I always liked Don Lamont's fishing columns, they were filled with tons of local fishing info that a person could use.

I did too, so long as you ignored whatever he claimed was a hot spot.  Lots of good info on tackle and techniques.  I can always use stocking lists / MA awards / word of mouth (or Internet) to find out where certain species are, but having an idea on a different way to fish was helpful.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.