Author Topic: You meet the nicest people........  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
You meet the nicest people........
« on: Jan 29, 2006, 08:10 PM »
at this place - The Blue Igloo - even if it looks drifted in, desolate, and nobody is at home:

Perch pounder and I, having heard of the good fishing in the The Blue Igloo area decided to head out there Sunday morning.  I was still wheezing from the walk when we helped push a truck out of the snow, and I met these two guys: BiteKing (center) who is a regular on this site, and his friend.  The Clam 2000 in the back is PP's home-away-from-home.

After a long time of no bites, I decided to walk over to the two Ice Cubes (in the back) and met Bigtroutslayer and Diceman who also weren't having much luck.

About this time Biteking hauled in a nice fish, and then about an hour later, got an even larger one.........I still am fishless.......About then, up rolls a truck, and out hop Jiffy and his dad, fishing EOM for the first time (sorry, no pics).  I go through another spell of no fish...........Then Perch pounder gets a sauger, and wonders who is getting stuck outside of his door.

Why, it's Thriller who, with a few minutes of shovelling, manages to get unstuck, and starts setting up camp, helped by Fishermom and his three young anglers.

Then I manage to get a sauger so small, it doesn't even qualify in the bait category, so back it went in less than 7 seconds - a quick release.
Still basically fishless, I went back to schmoozing, my usual pasttime while fishing, and had just sat down again when up rolls André and his partner Darren (hope I got your name right).  Posing for a candid shot, we got Thriller as well.

It was a real pleasure to finally meet André, and it turns out we have a lot of work experience and friends in common from "way back".    Perch pounder and I continued fishing, and he iced a burbot (see the Nessie club for pictures), but I was pretty much skunked.  We left EOM around 12:30, and went to Lockport where we got a few saugers for supper on Monday.  Ron - note that in all the pictures, The Blue Igloo is a feature attraction.  It was another good day....... :)

"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

grumpymoe

Re: You meet the nicest people........
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Al.....what a great post......and what this site is all about.....new friendships....fishing partners......and dedicated enforcement friends that have a great love of the outdoors.....glad to have everyone of you aboard for the fun and comraderie......Grump

Offline lilchief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2006, 09:26 PM »
great story man nice to see all the fishermen togther having a greta time ;D ;D ;D ;D..............lilchie f ;D ;D ;D ;D
Matt

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2006, 09:53 PM »
Al.....what a great post......and what this site is all about.....new friendships....fishing partners......and dedicated enforcement friends that have a great love of the outdoors.....glad to have everyone of you aboard for the fun and comraderie......Grump
I couldn't have said it any better Grump  :thumbsup:
Skiff thanks for the great pics of blue......I saved some of them.......GREAT post :thumbsup:
Wish I could have been there but work had me away for the w.e.  :(
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:02 PM »
Well, you might have met the nicest people, but then that Thriller character showed up dragging Fishermom and the noisy little varmints....

Jiffy came over and chatted a bit before they packed up...about that time Fishermom had a hit...we took a few photos to prove that we do go fishing once in a while...I was still pretty wiped from getting up early yesterday, so I didn't venture too far to visit like Skiff...not that I'm overly anti-social, I just don't like crowds  ::)

If nothing else it was good to get out...two days in a row and I didn't have to pull my sled...woo hoo!

Fish would have been nice though...marked a few...one or two suspended went by as well...snowing quite heavily when we pulled into Selkirk at 2:00, so I'll blame it on the low pressure system...yeah, that's it.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Great report Skiff!  ;D It would've been nice to be out there on Sunday to meet you all but I had other commitments  ::) oh well next time.  ;D

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Great post Skiff. Kind of remids me of here in BC. Someone finds a hot spot and everyone flocks to it. Kind of like flies to the poop pile ;D At least their nice flies :roflmao:

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2006, 03:08 PM »
 Ya was great to meet you Skiff PP and Thriller just wish we could of caught some nice Walleye to show off to eachother. ;D ;DAfter went to the Locks and caught 3. ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline bite king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2006, 04:30 PM »
great report skiff it was good to meet you and PP, Thriller and Jiffy sorry i did not get to meet you hopefully we all can get out again at the same time!!

Offline perch pounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poundin' those little guys
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Yeah ....too busy catching those walleyes eh? ::)

;D :P
What am I doing sitting in front of this computer ..............
I should be out fishing

Dan Wiens

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2006, 06:01 PM »
I'm just not quite the social butterfly that Skiff is  ::) ;D
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline bite king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2006, 06:37 PM »
haha no problem.

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2006, 07:44 PM »
YA would have been nice if it was so busy we couldn't even say hi. ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely