New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1341727 times)

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #990 on: Feb 21, 2013, 10:00 AM »
There is like a inch in nw bay.      11 so far bluemountainlaker has 4.       Wish the wind would calm down
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #991 on: Feb 21, 2013, 10:17 AM »
thanks combsey. heading out of pilot knob with "the crew" tomorrow. may leave it behind I guess.

also, is anyone else setting tip-ups out tomorrow, or are you guys just jigging the deeper waters in chase mode? thanks

Steve

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #992 on: Feb 21, 2013, 11:18 AM »
It's nice that some of you guys are getting the 100 plus lakers. Yes im a little jelious and i said little because i don't fish lakers but once in a while. Im a perch guy myself but don't have too much luck with them. Back to all the lakers you guys are catching. Some of you have paid dues and are retired, others just seem to have alot of time to spend on the King. I got 5 years till retirement and hopefully will be doing the same thing you guys are. Fish everyday. If you guys did'nt have the time you would have a hard time surpassing 100 in one ice season.First you need the knowledge, then the time. Once you have that it's FISH ON for the 100. Hard to get there when you have to work 5 days a week. Keep em commin, & tight lines.

aj454

I work 13 hour shifts  4-5 days per week between 3 different hospitals. It's a grind but I force myself and push hard to get out on the water and ice! I have at least 15 years to retirement! I sacrifice sleep to fish! By the way, with the 7 lakers I've iced so far today, it puts me 7 away from 100! LOL!

Mike

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #993 on: Feb 21, 2013, 11:37 AM »
thanks combsey. heading out of pilot knob with "the crew" tomorrow. may leave it behind I guess.

also, is anyone else setting tip-ups out tomorrow, or are you guys just jigging the deeper waters in chase mode? thanks

Steve

I'm gonna put out tip ups Steve.  Suppose to be nice n calm tomorrow and I'll have my wheeler too so I can chase flags from the jigging grounds! Fun day tomorrow!

Mike

Offline MSicefisher17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #994 on: Feb 21, 2013, 11:45 AM »
How's the wind on the lake today?

Offline Northern Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #995 on: Feb 21, 2013, 11:46 AM »
Nice Job.  I was up there last week and we caught 10 in two days.  They were picky but it is a lot of fun jigging them up with the Marcum.

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #996 on: Feb 21, 2013, 12:18 PM »
I'm so pumped right now, and proud as one can be. Took my 4 year old out for his first time ever. He will be 5 soon but don't say that cause he will correct you lol. After getting the frenzy started I dropped
My lure in the mud, grabbed my phone, handed the rod to my 4 year old and coached him into " hooking" his own lake trout. Most of the time, the dad sets the hook and let's the kid catch the fish. In this clip it's just the opposite. This confirms the aggressive bite these lakers have this year. So freakin pumped right now.

(Image removed from quote.)

This brings back memories! I am so pumped to go do this again with my boys tomorrow. Its been way way way to long!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #997 on: Feb 21, 2013, 12:24 PM »
Just got a picture sent to me of an albino laker that was just caught out there.

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #998 on: Feb 21, 2013, 12:27 PM »
hope the person post the pic who caught it , or atleast maybe its going to the Taxi man..

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #999 on: Feb 21, 2013, 12:31 PM »

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #1000 on: Feb 21, 2013, 12:56 PM »
Just about done swapping thing around from mostly perch equipment to lakers. Can not wait for tomorrow! Even the wife is excited! They are acting like they have never fished before. All the pics and videos have them pumped! Thanks to everyone for posting those pics. If we do well we will post pics as well!

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1001 on: Feb 21, 2013, 01:00 PM »
I work 13 hour shifts  4-5 days per week between 3 different hospitals. It's a grind but I force myself and push hard to get out on the water and ice! I have at least 15 years to retirement! I sacrifice sleep to fish! By the way, with the 7 lakers I've iced so far today, it puts me 7 away from 100! LOL!

Mike
Where are you today Mike?  Seems like your doing well.   Sunday looks good for at least me.  The storm appears to be not as intense as first though by Accu Weather.

Bill

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1002 on: Feb 21, 2013, 01:05 PM »
thats the biggest golden trout;). i mean lake trout that i have seen. Nice fish . Thats a must for the taxidermist

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #1003 on: Feb 21, 2013, 01:25 PM »
To short.  :(
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1004 on: Feb 21, 2013, 02:43 PM »

It was a nice fish but was a little to short so back in the lake she went. Got about a dozen out of the same hole all day including that one.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1005 on: Feb 21, 2013, 02:47 PM »
Very cool catch...   Congratulations..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1006 on: Feb 21, 2013, 02:49 PM »
Nice fish tony!!!   that fish is one in a million!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1007 on: Feb 21, 2013, 02:50 PM »

It was a nice fish but was a little to short so back in the lake she went. Got about a dozen out of the same hole all day including that one.
            Should have called DEC, they might have wanted that fish!

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1008 on: Feb 21, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Thanks. A very interesting catch thats for sure. Didnt really know what i had at first but the white tip on the fins were a dead giveaway. Jeff at the rate your going if i gave you my lure there might not be any fish left for the rest of us

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1009 on: Feb 21, 2013, 03:10 PM »
There is like a inch in nw bay.      11 so far bluemountainlaker has 4.       Wish the wind would calm down

its supposed to be nicer tomorrow.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1010 on: Feb 21, 2013, 03:32 PM »
OMG Mike That's is alot of grind with those hours. You'll be hittin that 100 soon. Congrats
Mike

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1011 on: Feb 21, 2013, 03:35 PM »
There are some great people & fisherman on this thread TRUE DIEHARDS :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1012 on: Feb 21, 2013, 04:16 PM »
never seen any thing like that ever weird red spots and all.maybe some one from dec will see it and fill us in.meal worm where are you. tc5

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1013 on: Feb 21, 2013, 04:18 PM »
Great catch Tony! Fish of a lifetime for sure! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Congrats Bro!

Mike

Offline holepuncher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Punch enough holes and it's just like trolling
« Reply #1014 on: Feb 21, 2013, 04:25 PM »
If I was to travel 4 hours to fish this weekend to catch some perch and maybe even a laker on the king, where might rookie to the lake start. I fished the king some 6 maybe 7 years ago and caught a lt of perch I think it was ambassador bay if my memory serves me correctly  :roflmao: And I did jig up a laker but don't recall where that was that we went on. I was jigging for perch then as well lol. Any help as to a place to start would be greatly appreciated

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #1015 on: Feb 21, 2013, 04:30 PM »
icerookie awesome catch today. :thumbsup:

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #1016 on: Feb 21, 2013, 04:48 PM »
fished ft ann beach for an hour this morning and finally got into a couple ...   little breezy .... they liked the copper !   very awsome looking goldie ...
*REMOVED*

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1017 on: Feb 21, 2013, 04:58 PM »
Dec saw the picture. Without a doubt a once in a lifetime fish. But it is still swimming around so whomever gets it next enjoy!

Offline Wind Flag

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1018 on: Feb 21, 2013, 05:13 PM »
I'd almost hate to catch that fish when he hits legal size. I'd be torn about keeping him or not. It would be nice to let other people having the opportunity to see it, but that would be one hell of a mount.

Offline holepuncher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Punch enough holes and it's just like trolling
« Reply #1019 on: Feb 21, 2013, 05:18 PM »
Assembly Point, that is where i fished a long long time ago

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.