The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Is catch and release legal after I caught my limit?  (Read 8746 times)

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Is catch and release legal after I caught my limit?
« Reply #60 on: Dec 09, 2016, 08:35 AM »
.               Good point, irregardless of "the law" it's how each individual officer enforces it. Go ahead and get a lawyer and fight if u want, I'm going fishing!!

Not an issue for this guy. I take my three and move on to shrooms, turkey and other endeavors in the great outdoors. No use rolling the dice on it.

Offline fishinagain

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Is catch and release legal after I caught my limit?
« Reply #61 on: Dec 09, 2016, 12:59 PM »
its tempting fate? conservation officers here say if you have your limit and keep fishin and target another species and incidently catch a gut hooked fish you already have a limit of, he said ill fine you?why take the chance.
GOD BLESS
mo

That's my thing, if the fish is damaged and you are at your limit its now just a dead fish. Also you can say you are targeting some other species, but you can catch many species on the same baits..."go ahead and reel that up" says, the CO as you get a hit and pull in what you have a limit of. I have seen CO's ticket people river fishing for salmon, having them reel up and their bait is gone, they ticket that as snagging.
Pure Michigan

TEAM MITTEN

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.