Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607492 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13530 on: Oct 10, 2018, 05:30 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

42 heading to 48 with another day of drizzle. The wind rolls in this afternoon through tomorrow and we may get a coating of popped rain by tomorrow night with just north of us getting 3"-6".

Eddie hope you have a good "Hump Day" :thumbsup:  Black concrete should be a change of pace, I wonder if that stains the clothes ??? The class was interesting, the 90 minutes flew by. We are going to meet up with the instructor at his office for a free review in the next few weeks. There are many variables case by case so we want to have him punch in our numbers.

IW good luck when hitting the blind. I laughed when you said "Too hot for hunting". I thought the same thing the first week, but soon forgot about it while shivering the last week.

WW how are the leaf colors coming? We are at peak here but the winds will destroy much of it. Enjoy your day :thumbsup:

Hope you all have an excellent Wednesday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13531 on: Oct 10, 2018, 06:46 AM »
Hey guys and gals,sorry for not keeping up with posting but I'm still working. About ready to close down for the year. It's been so dam hot here in Pa. 80's and wall to wall sun,don't see that much since we had 47 inches of rain this year. I've not been in the woods once this year other than to pick 19  sheephead mushrooms. Where in for a big weather change on Friday so I'm probably going to start hunting. I bought my Ohio non resident license,instead of 162.00 it was 197.50 oh well I guess everything goes up. Next week we have a week muzzle loaded doe season and the last 3 day old farts like me can use a rifle. I've threatened to do it the last two years but never did. Wife informed me that where about out of burger so I may go out. It would be just my luck to have a big buck walk by with no bow in my hand.lol  Had my annual cardiologist check and things went well,he dropped 3 of 6 meds,and I had unbelievable blood work,great numbers. Hope everyone is well and having fun,fishing or hunting. Till later.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13532 on: Oct 10, 2018, 06:53 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....glad to hear the class was worth attending  :thumbsup:   the leaves are changing but are not very colorful this year  :(  hope your white rain doesn't amount to much  ;)

IW....another gorgeous day on tap  :clap:  the deer around here have really started moving a lot the past few days, guess they know a change is on the way  ;)

Eddie.....yay to putting the finishing touches on "the wall"  :thumbsup: :clap:  hope your black concrete goes well today  ;)2

IFF......sounds like sweatshirt weather  ;D  hope MrsIFF's eye won't need any more work  :nono:

TT.....hope MrsTT's injuries are continuing to improve  :)  should be an interesting doctor's visit  ;D

Looks like a day of riding on tap today  :clap:  One never knows at this time of year how many more days like this you'll get  :-\  first a ride to Salmon River to watch the salmon being stripped, then a trip to a cider mill for some fresh cider and a cider donut (or 2  ;D:thumbsup:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13533 on: Oct 10, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Another dry start to the day. No rain showing in the lower again this morning. Heavy rain guessed for later today. I had to dig out the shorts yesterday since the temps were near 80*. I got at least 40 gallons of acorns picked up yesterday. There is a lot of dirt and sticks etc. in the buckets due partly that my gas leaf blower not running and the wet ground. There are still a lot of acorns on the ground under that huge oak. We are headed over to the other place to get them unloaded today.

The wife's hand/arm is a lot better now. Still painful if she moves her arm wrong but at least she does not have to type with only her left hand. She has an appointment to get her knee injected tomorrow by a PA. The Dr. the PA works with better be around as they have turned the arm problem over to him. He does not specialize in arms. ::) His specialty is knees and hips. Kind of an arrogant man to me. He will get an ear full on how she was treated on Monday.

Ws Thanks for not sharing the rain with me for a few days. You sure are getting a mix of weather.

Eddie It is good to here that the three pieces of stone finally arrived. Those pump truck sure take a lot of the bull work out of pouring concrete. When I was in VA hunting turkeys my nephew was working on turning a place where a ride had been taken out at the Bush Gardens in Wiliamsburg. It was being made into a place to run remote control boats in. The boulders that went in it were hauled all the wasy from the Rockies. Like there are no boulders in the Appallacians. Sorry if the spelling is not right  but spell check not working.

IFF Hopefully the problem with your wifes eye clears it self out.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13534 on: Oct 10, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Good Morning. Not sure what the temp is. Not getting a good signal from my outside sensor. I have changed the batteries and cleaned, may have to get a new one.
WW, not a lot reds this year but lots of yellow and orange. Still a lot of green. Cooler weather on the way.

Have to take my daughter and her BF to the airport this afternoon. They are going to CA.

The visit from the SIL and niece over the weekend didn't help the wife much. She was pretty wiped out yesterday. New York Presbyterian moved up her next appt. to this coming Monday. They are going to scope out her lungs from the inside. It was due to be done in November. She feels good one day and not so good the next.

Got my flu shot yesterday. Hunting season opens on Sat. (early MZ))  Still not sure if I will go or wait until next week....Have a good day....h2l                 
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13535 on: Oct 10, 2018, 08:52 AM »
Good morning  ,Spring like day may get into the lower eighties also humid rain tonight and tomorrow heavy at times. Meeting with lawyer tomorrow seems there is a statute and buyer must pay for radon remediation. Sister and I plan to give buyer a credit for repair. Going from news reports looks like the limo company involved in accident had questionable practices feel sad for friends and family of those lost. One family lost four sisters .
Ice Wanderer if you get any rain fall may it be light and not affect your new walkway. Sign looks good at your blind location all the best this deer season.
Eddie busy day for your crew may all go well hope you finish the "Great Wall" today . Think you will be covering concrete work to protect from weather.
IFF may your wife not need further surgery. Enjoy the elk sausage .
Captain54 welcome back have a good dear season.
Hunts2long safe trip for your daughter and her boy friend. Guessing grandpa will be looking after Rocky. May doctors visit help your wife beat the pneumonia. Same wishes as others for your deer hunting season.
Wallyworld have a nice bike ride enjoy the fresh cider and doughnuts.
Whopper Stopper first time I have heard that expression for snow. May the sun return soon to your area.
Tom Turkey glad you were able to collect acorns . Hope things get worked out for your wife.

It might be my computer but I'm still seeing duplicate pages of posts on this website. Keeping panhandle of Florida in my thoughts Hurricane Michael may make shore tonight or in early morning as a category 3 or 4 storm and pass over area affected by Florence before heading back out to sea.
 Have a good and safe "Hump Day". Best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13536 on: Oct 10, 2018, 11:23 PM »
Good Morning Everyone, It's one of those nights where sleep is alluding me. Iff I hope your wife feels better. Looks like its going to be a rainy day here. I hope everyone has a Good day and tight lines to those on the water and good luck to those in the woods hunting. Everyone be safe.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #13537 on: Oct 11, 2018, 03:30 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  Light rain falling and 65* this am, high of 68 with rain expected most of the day.

I-45...hope you got some sleep, best wishes with tomorrow's appointment Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Steve...hoping everything goes smoothly today and no more snags with the house. It was mentioned yesterday that one of our former masons went to Amsterdam High School and knew many of those involved in the crash, so sad.
  H2...best wishes to your wife on Monday's appointment, hope all goes well.  :thumbsup:  Seems to be the same here with the foliage, very dull colors this year for the most part.
  Tom...hope your wife's appointment goes well today also! Hope those acorns bring you some luck!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..looking forward to your report and maybe some pictures! What a great day to be out on a bike ride, hope you had a safe trip!   :thumbsup:  How was the cider and doughnuts?   ;D
  Capt. 54....welcome back! Best of luck with this seasons hunting, looking forward to your reports!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...like that new term for snow!   :clap:  The black concrete stains everything, my hands looked like an auto mechanics at days end, lol.  Glad the class went well, good luck with your appointment!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...some cooler weather coming in after today, best of luck with the new stand!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Concrete went well yesterday, plenty of hands on deck made it very controllable. We set the last 3 stones right after, happy to report..." The Great Wall Of Albany " is now in the history books!    :roflmao: :clap:
  Not certain what's on today's agenda with rain forecasted all day...believe there is some door repairs to be done.
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13538 on: Oct 11, 2018, 04:54 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, 45! Good morning everyone :bow:

32 degrees with a stiff WNW wind and a couple of flurries, giving us a windchill of 26 degrees ???

Eddie Congratulations on being done with the The Great Wall Of Albany "  :clap: :clap: Hope you and the crew  have an excellent day as the week fades away :thumbsup:

IW good luck to you in your blind when you take to the woods. What make of muzzleloader do you have?

WW good luck to Mr WW as he heads to the woods :thumbsup:

Not much on the agenda here today. I am going to start getting my deer hunting stuff together. Other than that it's been slow going with all the low pressure.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13539 on: Oct 11, 2018, 05:13 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                         It's 64* with light rain but was woken to a downpour, 1/2 inch since midnight on my weather station. ::)
                         Eddie........I bet you're glad the Great Wall is done.  :bow:
                         Marv.........You can send some of the cooler temps our way. :thumbsup: I have a Thompson Center Triumph 50 caliber. :thumbsup:
                         Capt.54....Welcome back, good hunting in Ohio. :flex:
                         Wally........That sounded like a nice ride, how were the cider donuts. ???
                         H2l...........I hope the trip to the city Dr. goes well and they find the cause for your wife's condition. :thumbsup:
                         Bud..........Your lower temps must be cooling down the water temps so they can freeze. :flex:
                         The tamping went well yesterday, I hope this rain today rolls off.
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13540 on: Oct 11, 2018, 06:02 AM »
Good morning ER's 40 and still soggy here. The rain will not let go all likes topped off hope the sun returns sometime soon. I'll backtrack and try to catch up on what's been happening lately. WS caught most of your bear hunting stuff; hope all health issues get ironed out soon for everyone.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13541 on: Oct 11, 2018, 06:45 AM »
The guessers got it right on when the rain would start yesterday. That is if you lived in Iceland or farther east. The rain that was guessed to start late after noon began around 11 am. Put a squash on what I had planed at the property other than dropping of the acorns. I picked up a bushel of apples on the way home destined to be made into apple sauce after they ripen up some more.  A mix of old school Johnathon's and Courtland's makes a nice tasting sauce.

Temps are down n the 50's this morning. Finally! I have had enough of the 80's

Getting ready to head out to the wife's DR's appointment. More drama added to the mix yesterday. She got a letter in the mail yesterday from the ER from Friday night that her humerus was broken. Not what they said Friday night. Emergency Care took an x-ray of it Monday that did not show a break. ::)

I saw that we were getting the biggest raise in SS in 7 years. Big deal they will just raise the cost of Medicare to take it away.

Got to get on the move so we can get to the wife's appointment on time. Going to be interesting for sure.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13542 on: Oct 11, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Good Morning. Light rain.
Mr. Clean, the daughter that is in CA. is the one that is "still" living at home....lol. Got them to the airport at 4pm. As I was just leaving there the wife called to tell me "We have to go to NYC." So it was an hour back home and back out the door. My other daughter went with us and drove down, I drove back. However I do have to take "Rocky" for his shots on Friday.
Got the wife admitted to New York Presbyterian at a little after 10 and I was back home at 2am. They want to see what's going on and why she isn't getting better. I miss her but feel much better with her down there. I am sure they will be doing a lot of testing today.
With no one but me and the dog (Scout) it is quite here.
It didn't rain yesterday so I was able to get the screened encloser taken down and put away until next Summer. It was so hot this summer it didn't get a lot of use.
Today is a "take it easy" day but I just may watch the Giants get beat again tonight.....Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13543 on: Oct 11, 2018, 09:05 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts and prayers to all those affected by Hurricane Michael  :(

H2L.....sorry to hear MrsH2L is in the hospital  :'(  sure hope they can get to the root of her problems and get her back on her feet again soon  ;)

IW.....hope your brother wasn't in the line of fire from Michael  :o  the cider and donuts were  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: at Fly Creek Cider Mill  ;)2

TT.....the doctors sound like they can't get on the same page at all  ::)  hope today's appointment gets it all figured out  ;)

OG.....morning sir   ;D  hope all is well  :)

Cap54.....welcome back, good luck in the woods  ;)

MrC.....hit mid 80s here yesterday still mid 70s today with rain and HUMID   ::)  hope the buyer agrees to the credit  ;)

WS.....I will relay the good luck wishes thanks  ;)2

Eddie.....the hatchery has delayed the stripping till next week due to warm water temps  :(  there sure were a LOT of fish in the runway up there waiting to get in  :woot:  went into town and watched from the bridge for awhile, saw quite a few hookups and several landings  :flex: 

Put about 250 miles on the bike yesterday in the 9 hours we were out and about  :thumbsup:  Absolutely beautiful riding weather  :thumbsup:  wish the leaves were a little more colorful but guess that's not to be this year  :-\

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13544 on: Oct 11, 2018, 02:29 PM »
OldGoat- I thought we were soaking wet down here in the Southern Tier of NY until I drove from Cedar Rapids up to Madison and back last week for the World Dairy Expo. You poor guys have it even worse than we do! Lots of corn and soybeans waiting to be harvested out there but its way too wet to even get in the fields. To all other ER's... I've been quietly following along for the most part this summer and I hope all the health problems heal up soon and the outdoor work and winter prep gets all wrapped up without any more troubles for you all! Been fun keeping tabs on Eddie's "Great Wall" (I work for the federal government and feel your pain and frustration about trying to get things done- nobody has any common sense or sense of urgency anymore) and WS' bear adventures (you certainly didn't let any of us down on here and I say thanks for taking us along for the ride). On the drive back to Cedar Rapids to catch a flight home my buddy and I stopped at the National Motorcycle Museum in northeastern Iowa. They have an impressive collection of over 500 bikes dating back to over 100 years ago. I'm not a bike guy, but I could still appreciate the collection and history on display. One of the pieces was an "ice machine" built from plans that were in Popular Mechanics in the 1940's using 3 runners on the bottom and a 1918 Harley-Davidson J model engine to power a propeller on the front. I'll try to get a picture of it posted here soon. Take care everyone. Stay safe and good luck on your upcoming adventures!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13545 on: Oct 11, 2018, 11:28 PM »
Good evening wet day here periods of heavy rain this afternoon. When I last check news one of the limo companies two sons who run daily operations of the company was arrested and arraigned on charge of criminally negligent murder currently free on bail his passport was seized. In other crazy events after seeing posts on social media police in Rockland County (south of me) arrested a man after finding 200 pounds of explosive materials fashioned into a bomb at his house his plan was to travel to Washington,DC and on election commit suicide by setting of the bomb at national mall. I have to check and see how badly Hurricane Michael damage Florida panhandle and other areas in it's path.
Eddie glad the "Great Wall of Albany is finished  does the dye from concrete come off easily or will your hands be stained for some time .
Ice Wanderer may today's rain not affect the new walkway. Best to you if hunting this weekend.
Whopper Stopper may you receive good advice at your appointment with S.S. person. Also safe and good deer hunting.
Wallyworld that is a lot of miles spent on your motorcycle if you brought any cider and doughnuts enjoy the tastes of Fall.
Tom Turkey hope things got straightened out at doctor's today and you wife can start her recovery. May you get acorns spread before they start to rot. Good hunting to your son and you this season.
Icefher-45 may you get answers to your headache problems at doctor today.
Old Goat welcome back may things dry out soon hope all is well with the family .
Hunts2long thank you for explanation forgot you have two daughters. Sorry you had such a busy day may your wife return home quickly.
Deerefishyfishy welcome back to you also if you have  to make a trip to my section of NY. try and stop at Motorcyclepedia  in Newburgh similar to place you visited . Guessing you work for Dept. of Agriculture since you attended dairy expo.

Stay safe and have a good Friday.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13546 on: Oct 12, 2018, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Steve, Morning Everyone,
  Some cooler weather arrived over night. 53* to start the am, NW winds with gusts up to 30,  53 will be today's high.

Steve..heard it mentioned when they pulled that one son over, they said his car was packed like he was going on a trip. Glad they caught him when they did as well as that other man in Rockland County, wow!!   Hand cleaner mixed with a little sand took most of the black stains off from the concrete...the work clothes might not be so lucky.   ;D
  DFF..welcome back Sir, hope all is well. Sounds like you had a good trip, the motorcycle museum would be really interesting to see. Looking forward to your posts!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...thanks for the info on the hatchery, might get a chance to see them strip the eggs yet. Perfect day for your ride, might not be many more like that this year!  :thumbsup:
  H2...best wishes to your wife, hope the tests find the problem and a speedy recovery!   :thumbsup:
  Tom..hope there was some good news on your wifes condition yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  OG..nice to see you, hope you get some drier weather out that way!
  Jeff..hopefully yesterday's rain didn't wash anything out on you. Maybe this cooler weather will stick around now... :thumbsup:
  Marv...looking forward to your deer season reports, hope the big one comes snooping in!   :thumbsup:

Quite a few guys opted to take the day off yesterday due to the weather. Those of us who showed worked the day doing misc. jobs...worked out well.
  5am start with the concrete crew...1:30 quit on a Friday, that works out well also!   :thumbsup:
  Thank You all on the congrats for " The Great Wall Of Albany " . Suppose to get our first frost tomorrow night too! :roflmao:....sure fealt good seeing that last piece of stone set in place and saying good bye!   :clap: :bow:
  Cawfe's on..

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13547 on: Oct 12, 2018, 04:22 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 51* up here on my hill. a dry day is the forecast. ::)
                          Eddie.......Everything held up good on the walkway, I walked on it yesterday and didn't even make a mark. :flex:
                          DFF.........Welcome back to the morning thread!  :bow:
                          Tom........Did the Dr.'s give some news to your wife yesterday! ???
                          Marv.......When does your deer season open? ???
                          Yesterday my wife had to drop her dog off at the vets for teeth cleaning and minor surgery, the dog had to spend the night and my
                was not a happy camper not having him around. She picks him up around 10 am and then is heading to her sons for the weekend to sit
                with her granddaughter.
                         Tomorrow is the opener of black powder in the northern zone, we can take a deer of either sex.
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out in the outdoors!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13548 on: Oct 12, 2018, 05:20 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

31 heading to 42 with some sunshine later today ??? Yesterdays 30+ winds are gone and will be replaced with a better 6mph wind. The temp is 20 degrees cooler than normal.

DFF nice to see you back, like Eddie said looking forward to seeing more of your posts :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you have a good wrap to the week :thumbsup: I figured black cement meant everything you touched would be black ??? Are you going to try fishing again this weekend?

IW! glad the walkway is done and you can get onto hunting. Good luck tomorrow, hope you see some deer. WI bow deer season has been going since about the second week in Sept, and goes through the first week in January. The rifle season is a 9 day event that goes through Thanksgiving weekend. Muzzeloader season is November 26-December 5.

WW hope you enjoy the day, what's on the agenda? Keep us posted on Mr WW's deer hunt :thumbsup:

TT all the best to your wife and her recovery :thumbsup:

Not a lot going on here today. The s-i-l needs to do some banking so I an going to ride along. We will eventually go to Cabela's and a stop at Fleet Farm. I am contemplating heading to the shack next week to kick off my WI 2018 bow deer season.

Hope you all have an excellent Friday (only 2 to go OS)  :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13549 on: Oct 12, 2018, 05:22 AM »
Good Morning. Didn't have to stay up very late last night watching the Giants. They don't look very good.
Wife felt pretty good last night. They did the scope into her lungs late in the afternoon, doctor will update her this morning. Thanks for all the thoughts.
Haven't got anything ready for hunting. May have to change my name to "huntsAlittle..
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13550 on: Oct 12, 2018, 06:17 AM »
Gotta get moving earlier this morning. The  appointment yesterday got things moving on her seeing the right specialist for her thumb. Probably will get her hand put in a cast. The PA she saw yesterday showed her the break in her thumb in her x-rays. The PA was not happy about the way she was treated Monday. The wife got her knee replacement scheduled while there. The doctor is scheduling into May of 2019, he is so in demand. May 2 is the date, right around the start of my turkey hunting season. Oh well her heath is more important than my hunting.

There is a little band of snow showers up around Traverse City this morning. 41* here right now. We should get our first frost this week end. The winds were terrible yesterday. When I stopped at Menards yesterday there was man and his wife in the lot with some 4x8 sheets of underlayment on a cart. The wife was getting pushed all over with the sheets on a cart. I helped him get in the bed of his truck as there was no way his wife could let loose of the cart to help.

H2L Hopefully the reports this morning are encouraging.

Got to get breakfast and on the road. With all of the construction on the e-way my route is a lot busier due to every on getting away from it.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13551 on: Oct 12, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Morning all,

TT.....glad MrsTT finally got an answer  :clap:  hope she can get it set and healed now  ;)

H2l....fingers crossed there's good news today from MrsH2L  @) 

IW....hope MrsIW's dog is doing ok and she gets to pick him up today as planned  :)  good luck in the woods  :flex:

Eddie....an early start to the weekend is always good news  :thumbsup:  good luck if heading to the river  :flex:

WS....think your 30+mph winds headed east   ::)  bet MrWW is getting rocked pretty good in his stand this morning  :pinch:

MrC....saw the limo company guy said he had packed bags because he was being threatened and was afraid to stay at his house, not that he was planning an escape back to Pakistan, yeah right  ::)  :nono:  glad they got him before it was too late  :thumbsup:  good job from law enforcement on stopping the suicide bomber also  :callcops: :thumbsup:  crazy world  :cookoo:

IFF.....hope MrsIFF's eye is doing ok and no more surgery is needed  ;)

LOTS of rain again yesterday  :%$#!:  between the rain and today's wind the leaves are falling quickly, almost time to bust the rake out   :whistle:  geese are heading south in droves the past couple days, guess cold weather must be right around the corner  :-\   not much planned here today, maybe some organizing in the cellar, cut back on the stockpiling of the " I might use this someday" stuff  ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13552 on: Oct 12, 2018, 10:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Cloudy here today. Leaving the neurologist office now. Thinks the headaches are coming from my neck. Have to have a mri to be on the safe side. Tom Turkey hope your wife is feeling better and that was nice of you to help someone out. We need more people like you. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13553 on: Oct 13, 2018, 04:05 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 41* and partly cloudy showers are on the way. ::)
                              Just a quick note, I'm heading out in a few minutes to go sit in my blind for a while. :whistle:
                              I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out in the sporting world!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13554 on: Oct 13, 2018, 05:22 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

IW best of luck out there today, I hope you have some action :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie you sleeping in today ;D How are the dogs doing?

WW did you get all the organizing done? Every time I throw something away with in a couple of days I would have had a use for it. That always irritates me :%$#!:

I am off to the laundromat with all by hunting clothes. I hate that place but it's just a lot faster to wash my heavy stuff there. I am hoping to get in and get out before the town wakes up.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13555 on: Oct 13, 2018, 05:24 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Light rain falling and 43* on the Hill this am, another wet day today with a high of 47.

Jeff...best of luck this morning and with today's hunt!! Will be looking forward to your next report, hope your wife's dog was fine after the surgery.... :thumbsup:
Meant to ask you about this the other day, up in your neck of the woods.... :woot:
https://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdoors/2018/10/adirondack_man_with_fake_bear_attack_story_says_he_doesnt_remember_what_happened.html
  I-45...best wishes sent, hope that MRI reveals the problem and a speedy recovery Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Wally...the winds yesterday about covered my lawn in leaves as well, lol, tis the season again! Was hoping to cut the lawn one more time this weekend and add to my compost pile, that doesn't look promising. Hope the organizing went well yesterday.
  Tom..glad your wife's on the road to recovery now, wtg helping out the couple!   :clap:  When does your deer season begin?
  H2...good news on your wife, hope yesterday's update from the Dr. was positive....best wishes!    Good luck today to you if you're hunting the opener also!    :thumbsup:
  Marv..up in the air about a trip tomorrow, might do a solo trip. My sons are working 6 days a week and bow hunting on Sundays, it opened Oct.1st...the salmon take a back seat to them now, lol.  Wish we had a Cabela's and Fleet Farm around here.
Thanks for the info on your deer seasons, hope you're rewarded with a nice buck to make up for the bear season!  :thumbsup: 

Not a heck of a lot on the agenda today with the weather being what it is. Unfortunately, I'm in the Southern Zone of the state and no early black powder season here...opening day with gun just slightly more than a month away, November 17.
  Have got my mind set on a light weight one man flip over for this season,  Shappell will be getting some business from me soon. Love my Eskimo hub, but looking for something quick and light for solo trips.
  Cawfee's on..

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #13556 on: Oct 13, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Good morning ER's!! Just checking in on my LAST Saturday working. I got them to put me on part time hours and I'll be working 3 days a week.  ;D I'll have three day weekends also! I'm going to like that!! :thumbsup: I've been working Saturdays for years. >:( I hope everyone has a good weekend at whatever they choose.
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13557 on: Oct 13, 2018, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning. Light rain this morning and in the 40's. No hunting, going to hang around JUST in case they call from NYC. I don't think they will discharge her on the weekend, but you never know. I will be getting things ready today, maybe get out next week.
Eddie, thanks for the news clip. The guy must have gotten some bad "moonshine"....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13558 on: Oct 13, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Not quite a frosty morning today. The only temps close to freezing are in the UP but no 32*s. Have to start on the leaves today. The only real color so far is the sassafras. For some reason the trees on the neighboring property is a mix of bright red and yellow. All of the other sassafras is just yellow.

The trip to the Dr. for the wife was a quick one. In and out in an hour. She came out with a PURPLE cast on for a couple of weeks to immobilize her thumb. The gal came in with a bunch of swatches to pick the color. To watch the gal put on the cast was educational. She knew what she was doing.

Our deer bow season started Oct 1st runs through Nov. 14th. Firearms from the 15th to the end November. Bow season all of December. muzzle loader is also in December. Plus a bunch of other special hunts mixed in. It is hard to figure things out with the special hunts. There is a two day deer hunt in September for youth and disabled veterans. The greedy bow hunters do not like them as some one might shoot THEIR buck and the activity screws up their hunting later on. They keep trying to push our firearms deer season later so they have all of the rut to them selves.

Eddie It is too bad you are so far away. I just sold my Kenai along with a Smitty Sled cheep. It is a litte heavy but pulls easy on the smitty. The toon will probaly get sold in the spring as we are not using it that much any more. Helping some one is built into me. It is just on my nature. Hopefull when I need help some one is willing to offer a hand.

WS I try to keep things orginized in the garage. It is not a problem with throwing things away and then needing them a few days later. It is not being able to find some thing and buying new. Then I find the orignall a few days later.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13559 on: Oct 13, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Good Morning all, looks like a low tonight of 16* and better gas up the snow blower.  High tomorrow of 31* and low of 14  Leave will have to wait till later to get removed from the lawn.  Not looking foreword to that chore.  Coworker is already talking of an over night ice fishing trip, if he can borrow a relatives motor home.  ;D

Got to hit the ditch and head to work at Golden.  ::)  Great day to all.
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.