Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Icaria 3mile 12 mile  (Read 2693 times)

Offline John90

• IceShanty Rookie
Icaria 3mile 12 mile
« on: Jan 19, 2016, 10:06 AM »
Anyone been fishing these places. Just got back
From South Dakota so haven't been able to fish to much,  coming from council bluffs so little bit of a drive

Offline herkyicer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Icaria 3mile 12 mile
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:23 PM »
We fished 12 mile Saturday afternoon till 8:30 never caught a fish. Marked fish all the time we were there. Most of the time the fish would swim away when the jig moved and dead sticking was just as ineffective  lol. The other groups said the same thing. 4 hour round trip for me.
Go with Marcum or go home, lol

Offline herkyicer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:25 PM »
Dad's bait shop in afton said to use caution on 3 mile or stay off of it
Go with Marcum or go home, lol

Offline Crawdad28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2016, 11:52 PM »
We fished 12 mile Saturday afternoon till 8:30 never caught a fish. Marked fish all the time we were there. Most of the time the fish would swim away when the jig moved and dead sticking was just as ineffective  lol. The other groups said the same thing. 4 hour round trip for me.

Man that sucks. You guys fish the north part or the channel by the shore mid lake?

Offline sparkee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2016, 06:50 AM »
Always looking for reports so thought I'd ought to leave one when I can--was on 12 from 2 till 7:30ish Thursday, 1-12" crappie & 1-8" gill. Missed 2 bites that I should've had. Marked fish, just couldn't get them to commit. DNR Lady taking creel survey told me I was the fortunate one, just tough fishing on 12 right now. I go in off the west ramp & walk from there, ice is all of 8" but just enough snow to make pulling sled / ice house a chore. Only saw 4 other houses that came out after I did & were gone before me.--forgot to add---DNR Lady did say early morning before sunrise seemed to be the bite, I'll probably check that out Sunday morning.

Offline John90

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2016, 06:38 PM »
Anybody fishing icaria? Thinking about heading there in the am.. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Offline nadman82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2016, 07:42 PM »
Anyone know how the ice is on Viking?

Offline John90

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Anyone been fishing these lake? How the fishing been?

Offline sparkee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2016, 02:25 PM »
I did go back to 12 on Sunday morning, on the ice 4:30ish & stayed till 11:00---one fish through my holes, met some guys from Altoona, they had 3 by the time I left. Sooo long story short, morning bite wasn't any better than the evening bite & I obviously suck @ ice fishing!! But I sure do enjoy being out on the lake, catching fish is just an extra bonus! ;D ;D ;D

Offline slick ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2016, 02:42 PM »
Anyone been out after the warm weather. Just wounding if the ice is still good or do i need  head north.
   MORE HOOKERS LESS LOOKERS

Offline John90

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2016, 09:57 AM »
Would also like the know what the ice conditions are. If anyone can shed some light be very helpful!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.