Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake trip this weekend 1/25-1/26  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clear Lake trip this weekend 1/25-1/26
« on: Jan 22, 2019, 09:41 PM »
Headed up to Clear Lake this weekend with a few other guys for a few days of fishing. I we will probably fish most of the day on Friday. It sounds like the temps will be around 1 degree to below zero with a chance of light snow. Looks like heaters and shacks will be a most. Forecast looks to be a little warmer on Saturday getting close to the double digits. Hopefully we can get on some Walleye and Or Crappie and of course some yellows.

Offline rich_fisher69

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clear Lake trip this weekend 1/25-1/26
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2019, 10:34 AM »
Headed there with 5 other people this weekend as well. Will be there Friday morning sometime.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2019, 05:23 PM »
Headed there with 5 other people this weekend as well. Will be there Friday morning sometime.

Good luck! Yellows? Walleye? Crappie? Whatever is biting?

Offline PhishinFil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2019, 12:28 PM »
12 of us going next week getting 3 sleeper houses. Union brother event! Hope the bite is good. Taking out some old timers that need it!

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2019, 10:12 PM »
Best of luck!

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2019, 03:42 PM »
Friday we had a little wind to contend with so the temps didn’t feel so bad. We fished the little lake and finished up around Baptist Camp. We ended Friday with a few yellows, white bass, bluegill and Perch.
Saturday felt much colder with more wind and some snow flurries in the morning. We moved a lot more and drilled a lot more holes Saturday to find fish. We found a few walleye (12-14”) and around 40ish yellow bass along with a few good sized perch. All in all a fun weekend out on the lake. Seems like the cold temps have slowed hem down a little. This week should really make it interesting.

Offline frozen eyelet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2019, 01:16 PM »
I'm really surprised that the Baptist camp doesn't just go ahead and charge for parking.  We wanted to fish that area and drove in there to see if there was an off road to park at.  We were immediately confronted by someone afiliated with the property and were asked if we were looking for parking area for fishing. We acknowledged that we were and that were from out of the area and would appreciate any suggestions.  He was very friendly and told us we would have to head back to MacIntosh parking area and get on the lake from there.
We asked if we could make a donation to the camp to park and he laughed and said we would be surprised how many people ask them that.  He said that they are afraid of trash and what it could lead to after witnessing the MacIntosh parking lot at times.
We would have been willing to pay $25 a vehicle to park there and just be able to walk down the hill to the dock area they have. Would have only been about 50 yards to the ice...
You would think if they kept the parking fee high enough they would only get considerate people parking there and help offset some costs when the camp is typicaly inactive??
Have LiveScope, will Travel.....

Offline Figure ate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2019, 01:26 PM »
As soon as people pay to use a service they feel like they therefore own the property and just trash the place. I know the operator of Baptist camp personally (best friend of his cousin) and he wouldn't let us park there for liability reasons. Its not his business to deal with trashy people who litter/drink too much/fight/poach wildlife/fall through the ice/tear up his lawn/etc. Long story short, people in groups are slobs and @$$holes so he stays out of that business.

He has helped me out in times of extremely bad weather, but again, I had an in to get to know him personally.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2019, 01:33 PM »
When we were fishing that area Saturday there was a lot of activity going on at the camp. I think they have things there all year. We discovered the only way to get a vehicle on the ice near Baptist is to drive on From farmers beach. Since we aren’t from that area I would never have guessed that. Not good access from McIntosh by vehicle.

Offline MelroseHawkins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2019, 10:51 AM »
When we were fishing that area Saturday there was a lot of activity going on at the camp. I think they have things there all year. We discovered the only way to get a vehicle on the ice near Baptist is to drive on From farmers beach. Since we aren’t from that area I would never have guessed that. Not good access from McIntosh by vehicle.

Yea. You don't want to cross that small channel from the little lake to the big lake in a vehicle. It looks innocuous but it is dangerous thru there with thinner ice. Rule of thumb, once you access either the little lake or big lake and want to go to the other, you drive off the little or big and take the highway around to either to access.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.