Author Topic: Swan Lake near Caroline  (Read 2600 times)

Offline WkndWarrior

• Team IceShanty Regular
Swan Lake near Caroline
« on: Dec 16, 2007, 10:17 AM »
Anyone fished for the lakers or Browns at Swan Lake? I have always had it on my list of spots I would like to hit but have never made there. The hardwater season is a short one, I believe its only open until Jan 15. Any info would be great...
I am new to this forum but looking fwd to being an active member.

Rgds,
Take a kid hunting or fishing

Offline TheSylvanSpinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can i claim the tackle shop owner as a dependent?
Re: Swan Lake near Caroline
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:06 PM »
Anyone fished for the lakers or Browns at Swan Lake? I have always had it on my list of spots I would like to hit but have never made there. The hardwater season is a short one, I believe its only open until Jan 15. Any info would be great...
I am new to this forum but looking fwd to being an active member.

Rgds,

I fished it a bit but it's very tough to catch anything in that lake. There definalty are some big fish in there but you cant use bait. This old guy we talked to lived on the ice the whole season out there in a camper and he caught 1 or 2 Lakers. It's not worth the drive.

Offline WkndWarrior

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:12 PM »
Thanks for the feedback...I was worried about that, my understanding is that the fishing in the summer is just about the same.

What has happened to our once thriving Alberta fishery. MMM Gill nets maybe? Long gone are the days of 10 pound rainbows from Carson, Big cuts from Goldeye, perch slabs from moose and a Walleye on every cast at ironwood.

I will likely give it a shot anyway just because of the chance of a big brown or laker. Is there anything to watch out for as far as springs etc while on the ice there.

Rgds,

Offline fly guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:34 PM »
Swan lake is very much worth a try. I have been there a few times and have caught a fish or two.Its not a place for numbers of fish, but they are of excellent quality if you catch one. I fish in shallow water, and get ready to spend alot of time looking at the bottom of the lake. I get a weird feeling every time i go. The locals are VERY secretive and will not talk to you much.
good luck

Offline TheSylvanSpinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can i claim the tackle shop owner as a dependent?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2007, 08:24 AM »
Swan lake is very much worth a try. I have been there a few times and have caught a fish or two.Its not a place for numbers of fish, but they are of excellent quality if you catch one. I fish in shallow water, and get ready to spend alot of time looking at the bottom of the lake. I get a weird feeling every time i go. The locals are VERY secretive and will not talk to you much.
good luck

I know that feeling, it is kind of a creepy lake.

Offline WkndWarrior

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Thanks for the Feedback guys and good luck to you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.