The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Epic Lake Champlain Pike Weekend  (Read 8809 times)

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
Re: Epic Lake Champlain Pike Weekend
« Reply #90 on: Mar 18, 2015, 01:21 PM »
I am sorry but there is no way you needed to keep that many fish to "feed your family". 

This is ridiculous.  A few would have been fine.  This was excessive.

As bailbuster said, you are making so we will not catch nearly as many trophy fish and more importantly so our kids won't have those opportunities.

Offline Pike Panther

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Mar 18, 2015, 01:40 PM »
Jmaster69.  I hope you didn't take my reply in a bad way.  I'm happy for you to have such a great day.  Those are the times you always remember out there with you buddies and you are catch lots of fish and good size ones like you got.  I've have kept plenty of big fish and I don't blame you for keeping the ones you did keep.  I'm sure you earned them.  I was just trying to put a plug in for a slot limit.  I should have started a new thread with that as the subject line.  I truly do hope you get some more big ones.  Thanks for sharing. 

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Mar 18, 2015, 01:45 PM »
Have been a member since 2003 and this is the worst year for negative comments and slamming guys for any reason they can think of! Hope the 2015-2016 season is positive and better attitudes towards fellow fisherman !

Ayup......agreed

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Mar 18, 2015, 02:02 PM »
Oh no Pike panther I am 100% in agreeance with you my friend! Sorry for the confusion. I am totally up for a slot limit if research proves need be!

Our fishery depends on what biologist confirm. Whether we agree or not. People do not appreciate some regulations but what they have to understand is that they are in place so that we DO have fish for our children tomorrow.  A lot of their information is taken from us as fisherman so our fishery also depends on our honesty...

The state of Vermont and New york take our waters and fishery VERY VERY seriously. They have a huge budget for a reason... When it comes to health and preservation there is a reason why they hand out steep 500$ fines for those who do not listen and or follow rules. 500$ is nothing compared to the damage one dumb action can cause... Waterfowl for example sounds dumb, its just a plant hanging off my prop... Yeah well you bring that boat to a new lake and you just caused hell for that new water system that may not have had that invasive species...

Fishing in its beginnings was a means to feed his or her family... not for bragging rights.And  I fed my family within the law that is all.

I will take the word of biological research FACTS than the OPINION of a jealous iceshanty.com "angler"

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Mar 18, 2015, 02:21 PM »
As soon as I saw the pics I knew what was following.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Mar 18, 2015, 03:54 PM »

:clap: :clap: :clap:        Best thing I've read on here in quite a while, 110% agree. Nice fish by the way!
x2

Offline FishTherapy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Mar 18, 2015, 04:22 PM »
I fish campbells bay alot and i have kept my limit of 8+ pounders alot. For more then one year i am sure i brought more fish out of there then any single person that pike fishes there. i only keep 8 plus pounders in fact. And that spot still produces the same quality fish it did when i found that spot. I would love to see the day one of you trolls walk up to me on the ice and tell me i should not be keeping those legal fish nor that many at a time. It wont happen tho cause outside of the internet you trolls know to keep your opinion to yourself... DO THE SAME HERE. This guy showed us the best set of holes on the lake champlain right now for pike fishing... and people still have to be rude craps about it. I APPRECIATE you sharing those picks and your info it takes alot for someone to be willing to do that and i commend you...  FYI those holes will still be on fire this weekend :)

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #97 on: Mar 18, 2015, 04:32 PM »
Great first post. Good luck fishing.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Mar 18, 2015, 04:35 PM »
The biologist must be doing something right or we wouldn't have as many fish as we currently do.  The catch from this post is a fine example of benefits we are being rewarded for efforts to clean up the lake.  It wasn't long ago when we were catching much less pike, they had fungus and at least 50% of them had lamprey marks for a few years.  I'm glad to see they are collecting data and talking to us fisherman.   It will be interesting to see what the conclusions are.  Good luck getting the big ones.

The biologist really are not doing anything yet last I new they were still gathering info.so they fishery is it what it is on its own, ,I think they started in 2010 or maybe 2009 , I Shawn a few times I think they will change the length and creel in the future . but it is all based on Champlain none of the other pike waters..

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Mar 18, 2015, 06:21 PM »
We were talking about the pike plans not the lake in general ,don't get  your knickers in a knot!!remember I am on your side but , Shawn told me himself it will be Champlain first to get a change!

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Mar 18, 2015, 06:40 PM »
Jmaster congratz on your 2 day fishing trip. Awesome looking pike. Sorry you are getting bashed on you and your buddies success. You were not breaking any fish regulations on your catch. I am jealous not having that much fun and excitement.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Mar 18, 2015, 07:58 PM »
Bah! Keep on rolling and ignore the naysayers.
I've put 1 pike in the freezer this year. Give me 1 day my kids and I stack up 12 pike like that and they're all going to the smoke house!
Well done guys. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Mar 18, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Jmaster69 don't pay any attention to the negative comments about your successful outing. Many of us would have been thrilled to have been with your group and able to also take a few home with us too. The State writes the laws they want us to follow. Best of luck to you if you go out again. AND please continue sharing your successful and not-so-successful days.
Thanks!!!

Offline woodab17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 13.5 lbs
« Reply #103 on: Mar 19, 2015, 09:45 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Wouldn't this only work if I kept writing?  Also I mean you have over a thousand posts and you are going around putting up internet quotes.

Come on Man, get a life.

12 fish between 3-4 guys is nothing.  I just wish you had taken out 5-10 lb fish and not the big breeders.  Just my opinion.

As for you Lavman.  Your quote made no sense.  So just shut up and try fishing instead of just posting over and over again on iceshanty every day.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Mar 19, 2015, 10:13 AM »
OOOoooooo!!! Burn!!!  ;D ;D

Tight lines woodab, just a few weeks left of hardwater, make the most of it  :afro:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.