Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679886 times)

Offline ndsumiller

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #6990 on: Jun 22, 2020, 07:29 AM »
Fish USA has St Croix rods 20% off right now. Not sure how long, but the email came yesterday and I didn't check it til today.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6991 on: Jun 22, 2020, 04:07 PM »
WHEELWIN10 https://www.acmetackle.com/ 10% off...several other spin to win deals too

Catchin' Fish

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6995 on: Jul 03, 2020, 09:19 PM »
Here's another tool deal for people committed to the Milwaukee line of tools. International tools is running a 20% off deal on Milwaukee tools right now. I dont know what the max discount is but I think it's free shipping at $199. This could be a decent way to get the M18 Fuel drill/driver kit for an auger.
https://www.internationaltool.com/shop/itc/en/USD/search?q=M18+fuel&sort=relevance&pageSize=12&page=1
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Catchin' Fish

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6998 on: Jul 09, 2020, 09:14 AM »
Milwaukee bogo sale at

https://www.tooltopia.com

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7001 on: Jul 14, 2020, 09:25 PM »
Stumbled across this while researching ice suits. Not my size, but if someone needs a size M, for under $60 this is a steal. 3XL size is $72

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clam-Outdoors-Ice-Armor-Float-Parka-Black-Med/651950136

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7002 on: Jul 15, 2020, 07:47 AM »
Stumbled across this while researching ice suits. Not my size, but if someone needs a size M, for under $60 this is a steal. 3XL size is $72

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clam-Outdoors-Ice-Armor-Float-Parka-Black-Med/651950136

the bibs to go with them in M

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clam-Outdoors-Ice-Armor-Rise-Float-Bib-Light-Blue-XL/961535340

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7003 on: Jul 15, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Still kicking myself for not buying the Predators when they were as low as $129.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7004 on: Jul 15, 2020, 12:51 PM »
the bibs to go with them in M

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clam-Outdoors-Ice-Armor-Rise-Float-Bib-Light-Blue-XL/961535340

Wow, I missed that. Great deal on a whole suit. Hope someone can take advantage of the sale and it doesn't go to somebody who just wants to resell. Wish it was a size L

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7005 on: Jul 15, 2020, 12:57 PM »
If I recall correctly August is the usual time for some ice deals ..with the past season being as warm as it was I'm thinking a lot of stock didnt get sold ...add the fact that there were so so many entries of floating ice suits to choose from I think there will be some good deals to be had by all ..stay tuned and do not dilly dally .

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7006 on: Jul 15, 2020, 01:41 PM »
If I recall correctly August is the usual time for some ice deals ..with the past season being as warm as it was I'm thinking a lot of stock didnt get sold ...add the fact that there were so so many entries of floating ice suits to choose from I think there will be some good deals to be had by all ..stay tuned and do not dilly dally .

Yes, I think you are right. I poked around a little more on walmart.com and found the IA Ascent bibs for $50 with tax/shipping included in size L. There are 3 left if anyone else is looking

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7007 on: Jul 15, 2020, 07:14 PM »
I found bibs on Halloween last year and a jacket a little later
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Tipupguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7008 on: Jul 17, 2020, 05:28 AM »
Got a striker climate suit for $405.00 free shipping at Pro Fishing Supply
FISH ON!🎣

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7009 on: Jul 18, 2020, 10:13 AM »
The Ascent suit came yesterday, looks pretty good for just over $100 shipped for both pieces. Looks like it's sold out now in size L at the clearance prices.

There are still Rise float suits at walmart.com size medium, the full suit will run you about $135 shipped. 4 left as of now on the bibs.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7010 on: Jul 18, 2020, 11:27 AM »
The Ascent suit came yesterday, looks pretty good for just over $100 shipped for both pieces. Looks like it's sold out now in size L at the clearance prices.

There are still Rise float suits at walmart.com size medium, the full suit will run you about $135 shipped. 4 left as of now on the bibs.

Very Nice ..adjustable inseams ? Venting zipper under arms ? Do you have links to the Assent pieces ?

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7011 on: Jul 18, 2020, 12:23 PM »
Very Nice ..adjustable inseams ? Venting zipper under arms ? Do you have links to the Assent pieces ?

Yes, to both. It is very similar to the Striker suits with the length being adjustable at the bottom via rolling up and holding with velcro. There are zippered vents under the arms. It is insulated on its own with the floatation, but also has a removable liner in both the bibs and jacket. I believe this suit is meant to compete with the Striker Climate. Much easier to move in than the Eskimo Lockout suit I am replacing.

I checked the website, they are out of the ones at clearance prices now, but if anyone is looking I'd keep an eye on it, maybe more will come back in stock(?)

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7012 on: Jul 18, 2020, 01:38 PM »
Yes, to both. It is very similar to the Striker suits with the length being adjustable at the bottom via rolling up and holding with velcro. There are zippered vents under the arms. It is insulated on its own with the floatation, but also has a removable liner in both the bibs and jacket. I believe this suit is meant to compete with the Striker Climate. Much easier to move in than the Eskimo Lockout suit I am replacing.

I checked the website, they are out of the ones at clearance prices now, but if anyone is looking I'd keep an eye on it, maybe more will come back in stock(?)

I will be keep an eye on this as I need an XL jacket and Large bibs
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7013 on: Jul 19, 2020, 09:50 AM »

I am interested in information on the liners of both the parka and bib ..material ..ease of removal ..basically  a quick review with pictures if possible ..there is nothing on line about the liners .

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7014 on: Jul 19, 2020, 11:42 AM »
I am interested in information on the liners of both the parka and bib ..material ..ease of removal ..basically  a quick review with pictures if possible ..there is nothing on line about the liners .

I agree there isn't a ton of ready info on this suit. I did think about doing a review of some sort, but wanted to wait until I actually had it out on the ice. Maybe I should do a "first impressions" type review, I'll make a separate post if I do. One of the things I did notice on the reviews that I had found, is that the suit for the 2019 season had several improvements made, and some of the complaints people had were no longer an issue.

The quick answer on the liners:

The jacket has a fleece liner jacket that is able to be worn on it's own. I'm not sure if it is the same liner the clam sells separately but I suspect it may be. It attaches to the parka with the zippers on the right and left side, snaps in the sleeves, and a loop that snaps underneath the hood.

For the bibs, the liner is zipped at the top around the waist, and snaps down at the bottom of the legs. These are a soft quilted type liner, They are split on the outside of the legs so that you are still able to vent with the side zippers which go all the way up to the hip on these bibs.I Believe I saw them advertised as 150g thinsulate, and just feeling them, I would say that feels accurate.

I will say that the liners seem extremely warm, I don't think that I would normally wear them unless it is very cold. If you are familiar at all with textile motorcycle jackets, these liners and the way they connect are very similar to ones that I've owned before.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7015 on: Jul 19, 2020, 12:03 PM »
jrjach75...Thanks ..and yes a first impression review is a great idea ..if there were improvements made I suspect lot of older models will be on clearance ..I have an older style SI Climate set and its sounds very similar except the zip out jacket is a soft shell ..in general it is way to warm for my area ..

Offline Mcmich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7016 on: Jul 19, 2020, 04:09 PM »
Walmart has a lot of ice fishing gear on sale right now, especially pop ups.  I have not researched to see if these are ok deals or good deals.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7018 on: Jul 19, 2020, 05:24 PM »
jrjach75...Thanks ..and yes a first impression review is a great idea ..if there were improvements made I suspect lot of older models will be on clearance ..I have an older style SI Climate set and its sounds very similar except the zip out jacket is a soft shell ..in general it is way to warm for my area ..

I just made a separate post in the general forum here

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.