The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: First trip!  (Read 1497 times)

Offline ShuMugen

• Team IceShanty Regular
First trip!
« on: Dec 13, 2019, 04:01 PM »
Soooo, let’s say this starts my first ice trip of 2019-20, and just so you guys know I was visiting Wausau from Colorado for my wife’s sister graduation. Her brother was nice to take a day off so we can do a mid day ice trip.

The day started out late around 1030am as we arrived at Lake Wausau, not knowing what we were fishing for but panfish became the target after loading up on bait, remind you I have never fish any lake in Wisconsin, so my mind drew a blank and my wife’s brother did not tell me what species were available.

I was super excited for landing what Colorado folk would consider as a jumbo perch 12”! After that it was non stop action of 6-8” perch and then finally the crappies arrived ranges from 6-12” Slow but a fun day with no wind and no storm. Remember Colorado still has not gotten any frozen local(city) ice. I was happy for everything that I caught and great full to feel the hard ice again.

One thing though, I remind you of your safety and how your mind should understand and respect the ice condition. Around noon two young men around decided to drive their black ford onto the ice, i was scared as well as some of the other local residents. As they arrived closer to the bridge we see the front tires break thru the ice and surly enough they were stuck. The DNR was called out and did help with the rescue, no one was hurt but a couple of egos. Just remember early ice is fun, but not worth losing a life. Be safe and ice on! Thank you Wisconsin for my first trip

/

Sponsors: OstarMotorSports /1320DTR / Team Shinobi

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.