New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1027332 times)

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #5250 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:20 AM »
Take Rt 11 out of Cicero, cross Oneida River then turn right on Rt 37 follow it back under Rt 81, a few roads down is Camic Rd, turn right follow it to Big Bay Marina.  When you get there ask where to park.  You can also goggle Big Bay Marina for the directions.  Oneida just skimmed over, you might want to call a bait shops in Brewerton (Vern and Mikes Oneida Bait 315-668-1130) before you leave to make sure there is fishable ice.
Thanks for the info perch chaser , I actually called Vern and mikes yesterday he told me there was 5” on big bay and guys were out there fishing

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5251 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:45 AM »

Hey rippinlips , I’d check with Vern and mike about getting on at big bay marina , to see if it is safe to get on there , as it is not far from the river

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5252 on: Jan 11, 2021, 05:50 AM »
Hey rippinlips , I’d check with Vern and mike about getting on at big bay marina , to see if it is safe to get on there , as it is not far from the river

X2 on this. I am not sure if the section around BB Marina stayed froze after the last warm up.

SPUD!

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5253 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:11 AM »
never fished BB dont like crowds, but talking about right of ways got lil knowledge most people land owners dont mind but people getting on the water its when trash and other people that dont respect it ruin it for others
I agree. The ones that don’t respect it, ruin it for the ones with respect. Everybody has to do their part to keep things clean!😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5254 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:23 AM »
My wife and I are coming up this upcoming weekend  we would like to get on big bay if possible. Could any of you give me a road name or something on where to park to get on BIG bay?
Yes I’d definitely check with the bait shop again before you head up. Forecast says high of 43 on Thursday and high of 48 on Friday with chance of rain.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5255 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:26 AM »
Mid 40’s and rain on Friday isn’t good. 

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5256 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:45 AM »
Thanks for the help everyone.  I will definitely check in with the bait shop on Friday   This weather sucks

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5257 on: Jan 11, 2021, 07:17 AM »
the  big bay access issue  has nothing to  do with trash  it had to do with  the  home owners next to the access  don't like  people going  next to their home  ,it started   years ago they posted the access  they gated the access  the  town opened it up  they  removed   rocks to make the access a  4 foot drop off ....i think  tis  is a law suit in the making  ....i have  personally been attacked (verbally) by the homeowner  for   picking  my  stuff up on the road ...i threw  my  jet sled in the back of my car .....this is a  on going  battle  i hope   all the  people   going out on the  ice  take a  few minutes  to throw  some of the rocks back where they belong ......  we can have the access back tothe way it should be in no time...calling  the town may not be a  bad idea  these people  are not going to stop

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5258 on: Jan 11, 2021, 08:05 AM »
Access is always an issue no matter where you go, property owners think they have more rights to the lake than anyone else. The state should look at making better access on Big Bay.  Does anyone have a picture of this rock barrier?

Offline Jaker112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5259 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:29 AM »
The only problem with that trapper is the guy put mortar in and around the whole wall he built, I’m sure it wouldn’t be good if people started ripping it apart!

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5260 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:44 AM »
The only problem with that trapper is the guy put mortar in and around the whole wall he built, I’m sure it wouldn’t be good if people started ripping it apart!
you should look into if he got a permit for that work if he did the work without a permit he may be forced to put it back to its original condition before they even removed the rocks in the first place l
Go big or go home

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5261 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:51 AM »
where you acces isn't his land that belongs to the down  thats a  drain pie  for the road i'm honestly surprized the town allows his foolishness  someone will get hurt

Offline Jaker112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5262 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:14 AM »
Only a matter of time before someone is hurt, don’t bring a shanty if your alone because u won’t be able to pick it back up by yourself

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5263 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:21 AM »
where you acces isn't his land that belongs to the down  thats a  drain pie  for the road i'm honestly surprized the town allows his foolishness  someone will get hurt
town should definitely be notified that the homeowner has removed riprap from the shoreline that is 100% against the law. And created a unsafe area to access the lake im sure the town would fix it or make them fix it if it could be proven they did it
Go big or go home

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5264 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:26 AM »

When I talked to him, he boasted that he was a member of some town board and challenged me to verify that the access was private during the summers.  This made no sense to me as again, I knew it was open to the public for ice fishing.  I'm sure what he did was illegal, it's not exactly the same, but it's kind of similar to altering/diverting flow of a water way.

I'm not sure if it's within their power, but my concern is that if enough people complain, the town will most likely just close that access completely.

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5265 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:28 AM »
Trying to keep Big Bay ice fishermen from using that access is like trying to keep squirrels off a bird feeders. 

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5266 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:42 AM »
Access is always an issue no matter where you go, property owners think they have more rights to the lake than anyone else. The state should look at making better access on Big Bay.  Does anyone have a picture of this rock barrier?

Matt - I will get you a pic this week unless someone posts one here first.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5267 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:45 AM »
i just  again talked to the DEC  ...tax maps  were  brought up  ,tat is  the property of the town of west monroe  you can google earth it ...don't take my word check for yourself so YOU KNOW '  me personally I'm old and  miserable if they bother me I'm going  to record them with my phone  and   report them  for "harassment during a legal activity.  last time they barricaded  the  access and the town came down and  removed it  ,  big thank you to officer brown for his help checking tax maps ,and i don't think it would hurt to call  the town of  west monroe and tell them  what that access looks like  what if someone falls   that is a hell of a law suit

Offline Fishin-Mission

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5268 on: Jan 11, 2021, 11:10 AM »
While reviewing the tax map I use, I see the right of way.  It is right between Scott Whittaker's parcel 293.20-02-33 and Donald Weber parcel 307.08-02-03.

If you want to see the right of way, a tax map can be found at https://rptsgisweb.oswegocounty.com/ParcelViewer/.  I use it to look up who owns what. ::) The map can also be useful for tax grievance purposes.

Offline setterman01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5269 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:13 PM »
I called and spoke at length about the Big Bay access with the West Monroe Town Clerk. She has referred me over to the Town Assessor. I urge everyone who has a concern with this to do the same. She is very nice and has been thoroughly briefed on the issue. That is a very small office and a couple dozen phone call about the same issue would help ensure a prompt response. Please consider giving them a call.

As far as the wall requiring a permit, the landowner would'nt need one unless the wall was 6' or more. If the wall wasn't built on the owners property, then that is obviously a violation.

The major question is whether or not that 10' easement is a public easement. It may, as I was told, be just for drainage. I can assure you that I will have an answer in the near future. I can also assure you that I will be making a formal complaint about the placement of the new structure as soon as I have all of the facts.

Again, the best way to get a quick response, even if its not the one we're hoping for, is for everyone to do their part. If you want to fish over there and help keep everyone safe, pick up the phone and call the West Monroe Town Clerk (315) 676-3521. Thanks.
I never could read no road map,
I don't know what the weather might do.
But hear that witch wind whining,
and see that dog star shinin',
I got a feeling there's no time to lose,
No time to lose!

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5270 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:19 PM »

The major question is whether or not that 10' easement is a public easement. It may, as I was told, be just for drainage. I can assure you that I will have an answer in the near future. I can also assure you that I will be making a formal complaint about the placement of the new structure as soon as I have all of the facts.

This is spot on. An easement is permission to use property for a specific reason. It is not an ownership documents. Does anyone know of the county clerk’s office has online records? That’s be the easiest way to find out.

Full disclosure, I have never been on Big Bay. Closest I’ve come to doing so has been driving past it on 81

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5271 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:23 PM »

Speaking of checking tax maps , according to the tax map , the home owner put a wood fence right to the end on west side , of mill street , closing off the access

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5272 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:31 PM »
Speaking of checking tax maps , according to the tax map , the home owner put a wood fence right to the end on west side , of mill street , closing off the access

Mill Street in Constantia?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5273 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:42 PM »

Mill Street in Constantia?
Yes only east side has access
 Just look at the tax map

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5274 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:44 PM »
Yes behind the Circle K, the guy that bought Pierce's house on the right. There is A fence on the right side now.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5275 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:49 PM »

Tim far as I could about 3-4 posts to far ,

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5276 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:53 PM »
  Yes only east side has access
 Just look at the tax map

Ah, thanks.  The discussion was on Big Bay so I got confused a bit.  Is the East access still available?  The tax map has the property line extending pretty far South on that side as well.  I remember being able to access both sides of Mill St.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5277 on: Jan 11, 2021, 03:23 PM »
it's  not  a  easement at all the  town of west monroe  owns it it's  part ot the road  a  culv ert that drains that entire area  runs under it...we went threw this about 10 years ago when he built a barricade....setterman thank you for a great post i will can tomorrow

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5278 on: Jan 11, 2021, 03:27 PM »
it's  not  a  easement at all the  town of west monroe  owns it it's  part ot the road  a  culv ert that drains that entire area  runs under it...we went threw this about 10 years ago when he built a barricade....setterman thank you for a great post i will can tomorrow

Well that’s a different story all together. If it’s town property it’s open to the public

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5279 on: Jan 11, 2021, 03:35 PM »
active  now your catching on  and the DEC agrees other then now this  guy made a 6 foot cliff you have to climb down to access the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.