Author Topic: Eelpout Festival  (Read 2833 times)

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Eelpout Festival
« on: Jan 29, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Anyone other than me going to the 28th International Eelpout festival Feb 16-18,2007?  Its a great icefishing tournement just for Eelpout, Ling, Lawyers, and Burbot!  check out their web page www.poutfest.com/   ;D

Offline capt berke

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Progress not Perfection
Re: Eelpout Festival
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2007, 06:35 PM »
I'm headed up there friday corn.I fish leech every september and i have always to go to the festival but never made it, looks like fun.

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2007, 09:48 AM »
I'm heading up tommorrow havent quite decieded where to put my shanty...sure would be nice to win the trophy!  Ill post a few photos next week after im back of the festivities and caught pout!

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2007, 05:54 PM »
 :o OH!! Sounds fun but its not in  NH so I cant go.  :'(

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2007, 04:16 PM »
any of you guys hear how it went?

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2007, 09:50 AM »
It was great, it was my first time to eelpout.  The weather cooperated for the party people, the ice was thick for the fisherman, I caught 4 eelpout! ;D   Total eelpout caught-730  total poundage-3650lbs , furthest fisherman traveled ( from Anchorage, Alaska).   I have new plans for next year on how to catch a really big one!   The date for 2008 is set   Feb 15-17th!  I will be there pending blizzard of course!,   The eelpout festival has its own website  www.poutfest.com  with lots of photos of the festival and past ones.  The Ice Shanty fisherman should registar as a team next year ..... there is a team competition.  I missed the big Pout fish fry it was last weekend at Benson's  I was trying to catch a big Gator from shore on Lake Sakakajawea in ND.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.