Author Topic: 2 man flip up style shanties  (Read 6758 times)

Offline jj7leaf

• IceShanty Rookie
2 man flip up style shanties
« on: Oct 11, 2010, 12:20 PM »
Looking for some recommendations on 2 man shaties.  I only bring one of my young daughters when I go so I need one that I can pull alone and one that is easy to set up.

thanks guys.

jj

Offline jtf19

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2 man flip up style shanties
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2010, 12:38 PM »
I have the clam nanook and love it. I pull it by myself with all my gear. Can be a little difficult if there is a lot of snow or the snow is really wet, but that goes for every shanty, but in that case, I just stop a couple times and take a breather haha. And as far as setup, it goes up really fast. I can have it up and ready in 2 minutes or less. Great shanty, I would highly recommend it. Hope this helps. -Jeff

Offline townzee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2010, 12:55 PM »
I am also looking for the same. I have used both clam, and frabill. I like them both. I need someone to sway me one way or the other.

Offline laweidauer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2010, 01:32 PM »
I have an otter Den that is listed as a single person, but I have fished two grown men in it with no problems.  I think it'd be a fantastic solution for your situation.  I also have a couple mods in it which make fishing 2 people easy and efficient :tipup:

Offline webster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2010, 01:32 PM »
my wife and I have a shapell 2000 it folds into a sled can carry two pails and auger fold up or down in seconds would highly recomend it

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2010, 09:46 PM »
i bought the clam 2000 last season i don't know why i waited so long to get it! now the wife goes with me and dos'nt complain about getting cold anymore :thumbsup: easy to set up and transport.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2010, 06:53 AM »
I'll be watching this as well.  Im 6'2" and would like to have something that doesnt keep me too cramped.  This would be for hand pulling.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2010, 10:39 PM »
yeah pulled by hand, i'm 5' 11" 190lbs and i fit in it just fine with all the equipment and a fishing buddy inside
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2010, 01:55 PM »
I use a Shapell Rover 1.5  It pulls easy holds a ton of gear. And there is plenty of room for 2 people. especially if one is a kid.  ;D

Offline ICE_MONKEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2010, 02:53 PM »
I have the clam guide and love it, hauls all my gear and I take out more than needed everytime lol. Plenty of room for 2, had my newphew and the ex's boy in it with me fishing one day (both were 8) they fished while I baited hooks. had the buddy heater, aqua view camera and the vex all in there. had room and a great time

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2010, 11:22 PM »
Got a one man loaded to the hilt,camera,vexlar,deap cycle battery,boat seat, led lights,etc.  pulls easy, love it!

surflizard

« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2010, 06:02 AM »
This will be the 10th year for my Frabill Ranger XL Twin and it has handled everything that both Mother nature and myself have thrown at it ! The only thing I've done to her is to add some runners to protect the bottom, when I'm getting on or off the ice !
Frabill makes one of the best 2 man flipovers for the money out there !! :thumbsup: FLAAAGGGGG !  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2010, 06:49 AM »
i bought the clam 2000 last season i don't know why i waited so long to get it! now the wife goes with me and dos'nt complain about getting cold anymore :thumbsup: easy to set up and transport. (Image removed from quote.)
            If i would have waxed the zippers and reinforced the "bucketholder side" of the floor i'd still be fishing out of a clam 2000. I'm about 6' and 210". I fished a few...and I mean a FEW days out of a clam 2000. I fished out of a Clam 2000 for about 2 years in -30 to 20 above.  Just throwing out a few tips about that shelter. If you want to make 'er last...wax the zippers, and bolt a sheet of plywood to that "bucketholder" side of your floor because she tends to crack up with a couple of heavy guys. Just a tip...i'd still be fishing out of a 2000 if I'd have known this before.

Offline green69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishey fishey in the pond
« Reply #13 on: Nov 05, 2010, 12:03 PM »
I have the clam nanook and love it. I pull it by myself with all my gear. Can be a little difficult if there is a lot of snow or the snow is really wet, but that goes for every shanty, but in that case, I just stop a couple times and take a breather haha. And as far as setup, it goes up really fast. I can have it up and ready in 2 minutes or less. Great shanty, I would highly recommend it. Hope this helps. -Jeff
  i  have the same   a  nanook  i  love  it  through  lots  of  research   :tipup:

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 05, 2010, 07:05 PM »
Nanook! I also have done extensive research on every flipover available. I finally bought a Nanook, put it together, and it's setup in my garage right now waiting for ice. This is my 5th Clam shack and if it ever wears out on me I will replace it with the same thing. I bought a Clam harness with it so I can carry my coffee while I'm pulling it. This shack has more than enough room for my and my 70lb dog, when he wants to come in. It's just the best design, size, weight, and price. It was an easy decision once I saw one set up in the store. I am 6', 220lbs. You should have no trouble keeping you and your daughter warm in this one. and only 300$ new! :tipup

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 05, 2010, 07:27 PM »
I suggest you take a look at the TEAM WILD 1 man Flip over. Easily fit two adults and most durable sled i've seen besides the sled Frabill uses on their Predator shack.

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #16 on: Nov 05, 2010, 11:50 PM »
This is my clam.Done a few mods to it, I would buy another one no problem

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.