Author Topic: Fall walleyes... what's your favorite strategy for rocky lake banks?  (Read 720 times)

Offline dueceshot

• IceShanty Rookie
What do you guys use for your northern fall eyes? Will be fishing a stocked lake in Missouri with steep rocky banks and some gravel flats would assume this time of year( in Missouri) they would be around 15-25 feet. Fairly clear water, lots of gizzard shad and some crayfish for forage. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Offline Coldfinger007

• IceShanty Rookie
Up here in Central Montana I've had good success spin casting from shore 4-5 inch crankbaits that look like minnows (the shallow ones that dive only about 3-5 ft from the surface  (Rappala, Frenzy, Bomber etc.)  I also had good luck using 4-5 inch silver spoons with a treble.  Best time for the bite is at dusk and a few hours after dark.  The trout also seem to go for the same lures as the Walleyes, same at dusk continuing for a few hours after dark.  Hope that helps, good luck!

Offline walleyekelly

• Team IceShanty Regular
Caught this nice 8 pounder Friday night throwing cranks from shore. Also landed a 24.5 and 22 incher the night before. I love fishing cranks just above any weeds structure around docks and bridges this time of year when fishing from shore. I do alot of jigging and fish from the boat also, just wanted to show a pic of this beauty I landed throwing a crankbait from shore as those walleyes move into the shallows at night.

Offline muggs

• IceShanty Rookie
I live right off the south shore of Erie, and in the spring and fall, the 'eyes will come into the shallows to feed on the shad.  Those times casting crankbaits at dusk and into the night works great from the breakwalls.  For some reason, they're all pigs too.  I've never seen a walleye under 4 lbs. caught doing this, and the average is probably 6 lbs.  8)

btw- great fish kelly

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.