Author Topic: How many sets of auger blades?  (Read 2186 times)

Offline B540glenn

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: How many sets of auger blades?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 21, 2019, 07:07 PM »
I have 3 sets.  One set as a backup, one set that a local shop ruined when I brought them in for sharpening and a brand new set currently on the auger.
The good thing is that I now have a set to practice my sharpening technique without screwing up.  It can only get better.
Glenn

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Feb 21, 2019, 08:16 PM »
I have 3 sets.  One set as a backup, one set that a local shop ruined when I brought them in for sharpening and a brand new set currently on the auger.
The good thing is that I now have a set to practice my sharpening technique without screwing up.  It can only get better.

I have an identical set right in front of me. "yeah I can sharpen them no problem".... they are going to fish307 who usually does my sharpening
EYECONICFISHING

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:37 PM »
Fish 307 is one of the best places to get your auger blades sharpened.  Next day service after they receive your blades.   Not having an extra set of blades is not a good idea.   Dings and dull blades can happen when you least expect it.  And if you don't have a spare I guess you will have to try and make the bad blades works.  Cheap insurance an extra set of blades.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.