Author Topic: Perch ??  (Read 752 times)

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
Perch ??
« on: Dec 24, 2011, 10:30 AM »
Has amyone found any good locations other the the two big lakes ( Manitoba , Winnipeg ) for some desent perch fishing ?Maybe in the White Shell ?? I want to take a bunch of kids fishing real soon and I would prefer a lake that has a good bite going on .
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline BL

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Perch ??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2011, 01:10 PM »
Hey would recommend oak lake great action all day , fun for kids ice is good lots kids out skating , ice hockey and steady action walleye and pike there is perch but hit and miss for them . But great for kids

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2011, 01:57 PM »
Some good perch caught at Gull Harbor on Hecla. Few walleyes to boot as well. Twin on Lake Manitoba has been poor the last three years or so. The region has flooding issues as well.

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2011, 02:41 PM »
Hey would recommend oak lake great action all day , fun for kids ice is good lots kids out skating , ice hockey and steady action walleye and pike there is perch but hit and miss for them . But great for kids
..............How is the access onto the lake ? I've always bypassed it and gone to Ninette instead , but I do have a map of teh lake showing depths etc , so I would go if the fishing is good ?
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline paulwhittom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take what you want, and pay for it
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2011, 09:03 AM »
I've been fishing Oak for years and never seen a perch caught, I would say there are better places if you are after perch.  A buddy does have a replica of a Master from there though.
Its easier to beg forgiveness than it is to get permission

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.