Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607041 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17340 on: Oct 23, 2019, 04:00 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 50* and light rain also here on my hill. ::)
                           Eddie..........Angelo seems to be coming along, what's the best time from an old pro and isn't quality more important.? ???
                           Marv...........Have a safe trip to "the Shack" I want to hear that the 8 pointer is there waiting for you. :woot:
                           I-45...........I have a small garden tiller and I can pull it with one hand.  :flex: A change in scenery is a good thing, but remember
                  the friends you met at the first park. :blink:
                           Wally .........X2 on Mr. WW's bow season. :flex:
                           Steve& everyone........I bet you're all wondering how Mike got is nick name. mealworm was doing a tree job just down the road
                  and there were a couple of spruce trees that he had to take down. Well Mike asked if he could have them, the property owner had no
                  problems with it, so MW set them out in the ditch by the road, well the crew was busy working and wasn't paying attention. They turned
                  around at one point and the trees were gone. Mike had hooked the 39' trees to his truck and dragged them up the road. So MW said that
                  Mike had magically moved them. :whistle:
                           H2L............That was a tragic accident, Prayers to the families of the soldiers that perished. :(
                           My wife is coming home today so I have some things to do before she gets here, I have corned beef and cabbage planned for dinner
                  and have to get it in the crock pot before I go to my therapy session.
                           I hope everyone has a good Hump Day either at work or out in the sporting world.

IW

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17341 on: Oct 23, 2019, 06:23 AM »
I havn't been neglecting the posting, work has been crazy here, with new estimates & people wanting work done, a day only has 24 hrs., where I could use 30?

Barring major problems, I be here tonight
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17342 on: Oct 23, 2019, 06:44 AM »
46* and foggy. We got some heavy rain last evening.
Eddie, The Kid seems to be doing fine. Be good to him, he may be your "boss" one day....lol.
IW, everything that is let-go while the wife is away has to get done in a hurry. I know how that goes.
The visit is going fine. We are going out for breakfast this morning and he is then heading to his mothers. I thought she lived in Utica but now lives in Rochester.
Rocky has "canine flu", I guess he didn't get his FLU shot. He is on meds and can't be around other dogs. They say Willow has been exposed so if she gets it, she gets it.
My brother heard that someone shot a big bear on Sunday. He heard it took 5 guys to get it out of the woods but having dragged a couple that doesn't mean much. They are the very worst to drag.
WW, good luck to Mr.WW bow hunting..
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17343 on: Oct 23, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hope you're picking up the spear house now then on your way to the shack  ;D  good luck and be safe sir  ;)2 :flex:

H2L....sorry to hear Rocky's under the weather  :( hope Willow stays symptom free  :)  enjoy breakfast

Eddie.....nice to hear the powers that be cared enough to want to save the "victim" pavers   :clap:  Angelo sounds like quite the self motivated worker, not something you see much of anymore  :clap: :thumbsup:

CapJ.....guess it's that time of year homeowners want to get their properties spruced up for the summer rental season, hope you don't get too overwhelmed with work  :-\

IW.....Is "Magic" a young fellow just starting out or an older guy looking for solitude  ???  good luck with therapy and getting the house MrsIW ready  :woot:

MrC.....I usually mow right up until Thanksgiving unless we get some major rain/snow events before that  :flex:  seems the grass here never really slows down until it's buried under the snow  ::)

IF45.....so good to hear you're feeling up to venturing out to different places  :thumbsup: :clap:  now if you can only shake those headaches  :pinch:

IFF.....any plans on leaving the job yet  ???  hope you don't get hit too hard with snow  :o

Ended up with another inch of rain overnight in the gauge  ::)  nice and sunny out right now.....looks like a beautiful fall day ahead  :thumbsup:  not much planned maybe just putter around outside a bit  @)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17344 on: Oct 23, 2019, 08:55 AM »
Good morning sunshine and blue sky now I did receive some rain over night. I'm located about 15 miles north of the United States Military Academy/West Point big story the past couple of days was a missing cadet latest update he was found dead on the installation after a massive search involving other cadets and additional military police called in from fort drum in upstate NY. No word in the news article if it was a suicide or murder. Also saw on the news 39 people were found dead inside a shipping container in England. the container came from Bulgaria and entered England from Ireland.
Eddie how hard was it to remove the pavers so the leak could be repaired. Angelo seems highly motivated to learn your trade may he get through any layoffs that might happen as Winter gets closer and work moves inside.
Ice Wanderer may you have another good PT session today. Safe journey for your wife. Thank you for explaining how "Magic Mike" got his nick name.
Capt.Jim looks like you will be busy over the Winter months doing renovations and maybe some repairs. Did you with and the others get back from Cabo yet.
Hunts2long have a good breakfast with your wife's nephew. May Rocky have a quick recovery from the canine flu and Willow not pick it up from Rocky. Keep a watch on Scout that she does not show any symptoms also ask your vet if the canine flu can be contracted by humans your wife does not need any additional medical concerns or you for that matter.
Wallyworld when I had the house also did some mowing in November. May you get any outside projects done today think the weather guessers are calling for more rain this weekend.
Whopper Stopper hope you are picking up the spearing shack. have a safe trip and good hunting at your "Shack" .

A safe and good day to everyone. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17345 on: Oct 23, 2019, 02:49 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Well I am in my stand. I had a few things to take care of this morning, and yes the rain followed me.

As expected nothing came of getting my spear house. Another excuse and another promise so I told him to keep it. He actually got upset until I started reciting all his past promises and blubbering. I will take care of Visa later but first I have a date with an 8pt.

The weather is cool, tonight will get to 32, the good thing is the drizzle has let up.

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup:

Stay safe.

Cheers to the 9:45 ers

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17346 on: Oct 23, 2019, 03:50 PM »
Sorry to hear the house was a no show 😞 good luck with that 8 pt 😉

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17347 on: Oct 23, 2019, 07:27 PM »
Evening, Folks

What a nice day today was, sunshine, no clouds, low humidity, temps. just over 60 deg., just beautiful

W.S. - If nothing else, maybe he could be used as a 'decoy' ?

Mrs. W.W.-Mr. Clean - Not that work is overwhelming, some people down here want it now, they think you are waiting for the call with nothing to do, they don't realize
     some of this stuff has to be planned, the ones that call & say ' I have ALL the material here, it will only take a day', they usually don't have enough product, are missing
     some of the specialty materials needed, & 'I didn't think it would cost that much to do', that's why I like to go and measure myself, so the customer & I both know what
     is going on at the start, not half-way thru, any more, I get a signed contract before starting, it helps to put a stop to the 'nonsense' at the end, if it is not stated in the
     contract, it's not done, you want it done, it's extra & charged accordingly, I do try to be fair, & don't like being played for a 'sucker', none of us do, but it happens a lot
     more times than we like to hear about

I need a shower, 3 fingers, & some sleep, was hectic today, more of the same for tomorrow

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17348 on: Oct 23, 2019, 08:16 PM »
Good Evening ER's

Getting another patch of snow 6-8", and will be the only cashier in tomorrow the other two have already bailed  ::)  Took some smoked ribs in for my crew, now they want more at least once a week  ;D  Don't think that's is going to happen ;D
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17349 on: Oct 23, 2019, 09:11 PM »
snow already wow good job keeping crew full of tasty ribs         

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17350 on: Oct 23, 2019, 09:53 PM »
Good evening.
Whopper Stopper sorry to hear the spearing shack builder did not meet his commitment. Have a good hunt may that 8pt. pay you a visit.
Capt.Jim guess some people think this is your slow season and your looking for work .  Thank you for the explanation.
IFF safe travel to you tomorrow hope you see some shoppers or there is some other work you can do to pass the time.
Old Goat hope all ia good with you.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17351 on: Oct 24, 2019, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  40* with fair skies this am, high of 63 today...nice day coming!

Marv...man, that just sucks about the spear house, sorry to read that. Believe you made the right decision though, enough of the BS excuses. Hope there’s no problem getting your down payment back, best of luck with that and today’s hunting Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...be careful with the driving today, way to go treating the crew to the ribs!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...well stated about the customers and the contract agreement, especially getting it signed and agreed upon before ANY type of work is performed...married couples, get both signatures. Once took a loss because the husband said he didn’t want the extras done the wife had me do...that will never happen again.
  Steve..heard on the news about the cadet and the 39 people in the shipment container, very sad on both accounts. The pavers weren’t too bad to remove, just time consuming making sure they were handled properly, cleaned, and palletized. Not certain on the number, guessing around 2,000, however they all didn’t have names engraved...the weight was just under 10,000lbs. our driver said after the delivery was made to the Crime Victims Dept. 
  Wally...the apprentice ( Angelo ) is very motivated, good head on his shoulders, timely, and not on his phone all day like our last one, lol....believe he’ll do well.    :thumbsup:
  H2...you’re right about the kid, that’s actually his nickname!   :roflmao: :clap:   I’ll be retired before his apprenticeship is up...hopefully!   ;D. Best wishes sent to Rocky and Willow....good luck with the hunting today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...you’re spot on about the quality of the work being most important! That’s been and will continue to be our main focus with Angelo. The speed exercises are good for preparing him to be able to hold his own out in the field when he has to produce on the line...BUT, the quality of the work must always be maintained. Over time, he’ll develop the adequate pace to do both neatly and efficiently as a craftsman.   Thanks for the “ Magic Mike “ definition!   ;D :clap:

Another day with the grey stuff today, lol.  Farmers Market was yesterday...couldn’t control myself from buying a few more bulbs of garlic for the garden...German White this time....that’s it!!    :whistle:
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17352 on: Oct 24, 2019, 05:58 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                              It's 37* and foggy here on my hill. ::)
                              Eddie.........I thought speed would come with practice, practice, practice, I would think that at this point in training that alignment
                   and leveling would be the focus. Unless he's a real fast learner and has that down. :flex: :thumbsup: Good score on the garlic! :clap:
                              Marv..........I'm sorry that the spear house didn't make it, I can't believe the nerve of that guy. :cookoo: :%$#!:  Good luck with the
                   8 pointer, did you have him on a trail camera when you got there? ???
                              Capt..........All the calls you're getting means that the word is out that you do good work. :flex: The customers will wait till you can get
                   to them. :whistle:
                              Wally.........I only mow till all the leaves are gone and that's usually when the grass doesn't grow any more, reminds me, I have to do
                   leaves today at some point. :o Magic Mike is 56 years old and wants to kind of live in solitude, he paying out of pocket for everything which
                   is a smart way to go but with out a steady job it's taking a while. :o
                               Bud.........With all the workers bailing, I'm surprise they don't shut down, unless they are trying to dump the inventory. ???
                               Steve.......I've been seeing that on the news about the missing cadet at West Point,, sad news that they found his remains yesterday. :(
                               H2L.........Sounds like a big bear, the 3 I've shot I was able to drag out my self or to a point where I could get it on a 4 wheeler. :flex:
                   Sorry to hear that Rocky has the flue, and hope Willow's shot helps her with no symptoms. ???
                               PT went well again yesterday, my therapist ordered a pulley and rope system for me so I can do those things at home.
                               I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out hunting or wetting a line!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17353 on: Oct 24, 2019, 07:53 AM »
Good morning everyone.

38 with a  light northerly wind, pretty nice. I arrived at my stand about 45 minutes before dawn started to break. Last night was pretty quiet I hope today is better.

I walked out of the shack this morning and ran into a porky that was checking out my cooler. I bet it was a foot and a half from me when I noticed it in the dark. Last year I had similar problems with one

I needed hip boots to make it to my stand this morning. It's going to be a bugger if I punch one back here

IW I haven't checked the cameras yet, I might have to do that today.

Eddie I was more than a little upset the house buying fell through. Maybe it happened for a reason.

Hope you all have a good day. Stay safe.

I plan to spend the day perched.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17354 on: Oct 24, 2019, 10:07 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....fingers crossed  ;)2

IW.....kind of figured Mike was older, most young 'uns don't appreciate solitude, peace and quiet  :whistle:  that's great you'll be able to do more rehab at home  :thumbsup:

Eddie....it always amazes me how much time some people spend on their phones/devices  :wacko:  especially people that are "working"  :nono:

IFF.....hope the snow doesn't keep the customers away  :-\

H2L.....looks like a beauty of a day to be in the woods, good luck  :thumbsup:

MrC......sad news about the cadet, such a young man   :'(

Snuck a short bike ride in yesterday, stopped for an early dinner before heading home so MrWW could get packed and back to hunting camp for a few days  :clap:  Can't imagine there will be many more "bike" days this year  :-\

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17355 on: Oct 24, 2019, 11:52 AM »
Good day looks like it will be a nice day weather wise with sunshine ,blue sky and a high temperature in the mid sixties before dropping back to the low forties overnight. I'm wondering what happened to the cadet he was in his third of four years at the academy guessing pressure of college and military life got to him. I saw an update on the deaths in England news report said those found dead in the truck were from China .
Eddie thanks for the info. on the pavers assume once the leak is found and repaired your crew will have to install them again weather permitting. You will have quite the variety and good sized crop of garlic next year if everything grows.
Ice Wanderer will be nice if you can do more of your PT at home instead of having to make the drive to VA hospital. How did the corn beef and cabbage turn out did the crock pot do it's job.
Whopper Stopper  probably for the best spearing house arrangement fell through who knows how long it would have taken for the builder to complete the project. Sounds like it will be a workout getting a deer back to the "shack" if you harvest one. Guess just like fishing weather conditions are not always perfect.
Wallyworld  enjoy the bike rides while the weather allows them. Best to Mr.WW with his hunting is he still using his bow or has muzzle loader season started in your part of NY. I think you are located in the Northern zone so ahead of my area in hunting seasons.
Hunts2long may Rocky be on the road to recovery and all the other canines be in good health. Did your brother see any photos of the bear. May you have a safe and good hunt this week.
IFF ditto Wallyworlds words.
Tom Turkey hope the bathroom work is completed and your wife is getting out and about on her new knee.

Have  a good and safe Thursday. Best to all casting a line or Fall hunting.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17356 on: Oct 24, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Well 12 1/2  hours in the stand and I didn't see a deer ??? Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Venison stew and home baked bread for supper, then it's time for bed.

Hope you all have an excellent night, be safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17357 on: Oct 24, 2019, 11:44 PM »
Good Morning Everyone, Been having bad headaches past couple of days. My wife was home today. We dropped the truck off for a oil change and took Mr Dickens to the dog park where he met some new friends. Got some bad news about the truck. The frame is rotted in quite a few places. It is Unfixable. The person who sold it to us feels very bad and is going to buy it back when the title comes in. Now me and Mr Dickens are stuck at home again.

Whopper Stopper, I’m sorry your spear house didn’t work out. Will you be able to get your money back? Has the 8 pt buck gotten back to you when he’s going to show up.

WallyWorld, Glad you got a short ride in. Unfortunately the days for a bike ride is coming to a end soon. Hopefully mr WW is successful at the hunting camp.

Ice Wanderer, How did dinner come out in the crock pot? That would be good if you can do your pt at home.

Mason Eddie, Great score on the garlic. Sounds like Angelo is learning a lot from you guys. That’s good he isn’t on his phone all the time. So many people are on their phones and missing life around them.

Hunts2long, Hope the pups are feeling better.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17358 on: Oct 24, 2019, 11:47 PM »
Dog park

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17359 on: Oct 25, 2019, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  49* with cloudy skies his am, high of 59 today with rain expected late afternoon/evening.

I-45... thanks for sharing the pictures, Mr.Dickens has some good looking new friends! Did they all get along ok?   :clap:    Sorry to hear about the truck problems, that sucks, but better off finding out now than later right? Good news about the previous owner taking it back. Hope the headaches have eased up.    :thumbsup:
  Marv...wow, that’s a long day on stand...I could never last that long, but I guess that’s how you get the big ones!  :flex:   Hope you’re rewarded early this morning with a nice buck...best of luck with today’s hunt!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...from what I understand now, the pavers we removed may not be going back in. Apparently there are plans for a new Memorial. Didn’t see any new updates yesterday on the West Point cadet.
  Wally...couldn’t agree more about the cell phones, it seems to be an addiction with some. Glad you got another ride in with the decent weather, maybe a couple more before the “  :icefish: “ gets here!!  Best of luck to Mr.WW with the hunting!     :thumbsup:
  Jeff...you’re absolutely right about the practice...we’ve been working with Angelo on level, plumb and range. Seeing how he’s only got 6 blocks to lay on his practice wall, and he’s been doing very well laying to a line, the speed exercise helped in breaking up the regular routine. He will get his chance very soon to be on a line with several of us, we’ve got about 1500 block coming up.    :thumbsup:

Running a little behind this am, will catch up to you all later today!   Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17360 on: Oct 25, 2019, 04:06 AM »

Good morning Eddie ER's,
                            It's 45* and partly cloudy here on my hill, showers my tonight. ::)
                            Eddie.........Angelo is lucky to be on a crew like yours to work with him to get his training. I hope he does well when it really counts
                  with the 1500 blocks. :flex:
                            Marv..........That's a long sit but patience will reap rewards. :clap:
                            I-45...........That's a nice guy who sold you the truck, the general rule is Buyer Beware. :blink: I'm glad the Mr. Dickens has some new friends. :thumbsup: :clap:
                            Wally..........Like Eddie, I agree about cell phones, I too find myself on it more at time. Just yesterday my wife had a appointment for some lab wor,
                  while waiting for her I dug out my cell and played Yazy a form of Yatzy ond solitaire. When she came out she made a comment. What was I suppose
                  to do, there weren't any magazines to read.
                            Steve.........The Corned Beef a Cabbage came out great, we could cut it with a fork. :thumbsup: :clap:
                            Yesterday afternoon I went out to do the leaves, as I got half way through the front the wind picked up and blew more leaves back, Oh well.
                  I kept going to finish the whole yard. I might do it again today, it's the Beechnut leaves that are now falling. I did see some leaves that are on trees
                  that are still greenish yellow.
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on water or in the woods.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17361 on: Oct 25, 2019, 05:11 AM »
Good Morning. 45*
WW, glad you got another bike ride in. The weather has been great for it.
Ice45, too bad about the truck but a very good thing that the seller took it back. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
WS, 12 hours and no deer makes for a long day. At one time I could make it for a whole day, but not anymore. 3/4 hours is about tops.

Hunted yesterday morning. There was a frost. Nice to be back in the woods. The underbrush is very thick. Nothing was moving, no birds, squirrels, nothing. Did see some buck sign so I know there is a buck around. The afternoon warmed up to almost 70 so didn't go back out. This weekend rifle season opens in the Adirondacks. Going out this morning but have to be back to take Scout in for her booster shots at 10:30. Rocky is doing fine and no sign of flu in Willow.

IW, didn't hear anything else about the bear that was shot.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17362 on: Oct 25, 2019, 06:32 AM »
If it isn't one thing, it's another - this computer is on the fritz, can't print any documents, >:( >:( :P, be back after dinner

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17363 on: Oct 25, 2019, 07:31 AM »
Good Morning ER's 29 here today. WS hope your hunt goes well. Sorry to hear your guy dropped the ball on your shack. Good to see the Captain on the thread again. I've been reading most days what's going on here. I got something stuck in my brain with Mr. Dickens and the weather cat doing the morning news. Strange thoughts indeed. Have a nice day all.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17364 on: Oct 25, 2019, 10:20 AM »
pretty slow day yesterday at the store, 45 in all.

More snow on its way for Sunday  ::) 

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17365 on: Oct 25, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Morning all,

OG.....that morning show would most likely beat the ones on tv now  :whistle: :woot:

WS......that's one mighty l    o    n    g day sir  :bow: :blink:  hope today's sit puts one in the crosshairs  ;)2

H2L.....glad the dogs are all doing well  :clap:  better luck next trip into the woods  :)

MrC.....we're in the southern zone both at hunting camp (Otsego County) and here at home (right on the border line). MrWW is originally from the northern part of the state but hasn't hunted up there in years  :-\

Eddie.....the bike doesn't get "put to bed" until the roads get sanded for the first time, you never know when that random 60* day is going to show up  ;)2

IF45.....sorry to hear about the truck  :(  you are VERY lucky the seller will return your money  :thumbsup:  I'm sure you'll find another vehicle at some point  ;)

CapJ.....hope the rest of your day is going better  @)

IW......I also have to admit to using my phone too much at times  :pinch: :nono: :blink: hope all went well with MrsIW's lab work  :)   leaves are a never ending job this time of year  ::)

TT.....hope all is well with you and MrsTT  :)

IFF....guess winter has arrived early for you   :unsure:  hope you had time to get all your outdoor chores wrapped up first  ;)

MrWW's  having the same view as WS and H2L......nothing  :(  still plenty of time tho  ;)

Looks like some rain for this afternoon/evening  :-\  then another nice day tomorrow  :)  guess it's a good day to catch up on the housework  ::)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17366 on: Oct 25, 2019, 11:05 AM »
Good morning currently in the mid fifties heading to a high in the mid sixties with a cloudy sky like other parts of NY. may see some rain tonight.  Little excitement here this morning power outage not sure for how long thankfully restore by 10:30 items in my frig. and freezer were in good shape when I checked on them.  This will not take affect until next September but for all you NY.hunters I see Gov. Coumo has signed a law lowering the level of blood alcohol concentration from 1.0 to 0.8 as being considered intoxicated while hunting. This is the same level used for DWI's while operating a car or boat. So if you like to down some adult beverages at night while back at your camp maybe cut back some so if you are checked in the woods there is no problem. Think most folks know firearms and alcohol are not a good mix.
Whopper Stopper that is a long day of sitting in the woods .May that 8pt. pay you a visit today and be in shooting range.
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear about the headaches and truck problem. Happy for you the seller will refund your purchase on the truck. Looks like Mr.Dicken's had a good time at the dog park.
Eddie i don't know if any more news on the cadet's death will be released to the public the day i posted about the death I had read two different stories one saying his body had been found the other still had him as missing and also said an M-4 riffle was missing hence my comment about a possible suicide. May Angelo so what he has learned and pull his weight when all of you start laying the blocks.
Ice Wanderer sounds like slow cooking the corned beef in the crock pot did a good job of tenderizing it. Hope the wife receives good report from the lab work. i think as cell phones have gotten more features there usage as a form of entertainment and as information source has increased people's usage time.
Hunts2long good to hear Rocky is doing better and no sign of the flu bothering Willow. May all go well at Scout's vet visit. Hope next time your out hunting some deer pass you by and you get to take a shot at one.
Capt.Jim hope the computer problem turns out to be an easy fix. May the rest of your day go smoothly.
IFF i saw on Weather Underground website many of us will see cooler temperatures with snow possible in some places as when end this month and start November.
Old Goat the combination of Mr.Dicken's and the weather cat sounds like a funny You Tube video. Hope all is going well for your family and you.
WallyWorld I saw a map of NY. yesterday I did not realize the Southern hunting zone was so large the northern zone is basically the Adirondacks and some surrounding area. May Mr.WW see some deer these next few days. also may you have no problems whenever you start baking your treats for the FD Halloween party.

Have a safe and good Friday Folks. Best to everyone fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17367 on: Oct 25, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

2 spam sandwiches down the hole, I should have brought 3.

About a half hour before light a big sounding deer crossed in front of me, it sure sounded like a nice buck ??? :roflmao:. It was 18 degrees this morning and still, the frost made hearing excellent.

At 7:30 a Small 6 point walked by my tree and shortly later a doe and fawn came by. Other then that just squirrels.

My right hip boot got snagged and ripped I had a wet foot and shin, aww nice :%$#!:

Back to observation. Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17368 on: Oct 25, 2019, 07:29 PM »
I am still around but have not been on much this week.

Dealing with leaves has taken quite bit of my time.  I finally got all of the leaves that I will put in my mulch pile cleaned up just before supper time. If my new neighbor does not pick up his leaves like a former neighbor didn't I will put up a fence like I did before the keep his leaves on his lot. What leaves I will get from now on will be mostly oak so they will go back across the road where they came from.

If45 Taking MR Dickens to the dog park should be good for him, socializing with other dogs.

IW I sill have my mothers pulley system. I have used it a few time to work my shoulder. It hangs over a door and then you close the door. I have not had corned beef in a long time even with the wife being Irish. She can not eat it as it generally has to much fat in it. Her stomach does not like things that are greasy since she had the gastric sleeve done.

Ws I need to send you the video of a buck chasing a doe through one of my food plots. It is going to fast to count points but it has to be at least an 8 point. Hopefully it is still around on the 15th of November. My son shot the spike we had on camera but the 4 or 6 point was on camera again the other day. I had a brand new pair of Lacrosse industrial hip boots when I crossed a beaver dam. I stuck a stick through the arch. Luckily the garage I bought my tires from had a guy that could.

vulcanize a patch over the hole

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17369 on: Oct 26, 2019, 04:45 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 39* and partly cloudy here on my hill, looks like the rest of the day will be partly cloudy also. ::)
                         Marv.........I hope today you get a shot off. :thumbsup: :flex: That sucks about the boot, wet feet not good. :%$#!:
                         Tom..........Some people wait till all the leaves are off the trees so they only have to do clean up once. :whistle:
                         Steve........What was the reason for the power outage? ??? Not that I drink while hunting but I hope game wardens aren't walking around
               with a breathalyzer trying to catch a hunter. ???
                         Capt. ........Gremlins are attacking your computer.  ??? :%$#!: :cookoo:
                         Wally..........How is Mr WW's hunting going? ???
                         H2L...........I'm glad the dogs are doing OK. :thumbsup:  It's always nice to get out on the crispy mornings, at least you saw some good buck signs. :clap:
                         IFF............45 customers doesn't even make it worth opening. :unsure:
                         Eddie.........I hope you have a good relaxing Saturday. :flex:
                         It looks like it's roof time at Magic Mikes this morning, it should go a little faster today.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out doing what ever.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.