Author Topic: 2015 Team NH Get Together! Saturday March 7, 2015  (Read 9320 times)

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2015 Team NH Get Together! Saturday March 7, 2015
« Reply #60 on: Mar 04, 2015, 06:59 PM »
Anyone know the address  of that parking area or a business near it so I can find the epic ice warrior gathering
Of 2015

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Mar 05, 2015, 07:37 AM »
Anyone know the address  of that parking area or a business near it so I can find the epic ice warrior gathering
Of 2015

The main Gathering is at the state boat launch at Wellington State Park. It is off of West Shore Rd in Bristol NH.

For Anyone that is not familiar with the area or not sure how the gathering typically goes...

I will be at the boat launch for 6-630am. Some people drop by early to say hi/socialize....others head out on the ice and fish.
Everyone meets back at the boat lauch at Wellington around noon time for a BBQ lunch of Steak tips...sausages.... burgers....dogs...etc. .. and once everyone has eaten we do a couple raffles. (Prize raffle and 50/50) Everyone who attends gets a free raffle ticket towards the prizes listed/pictured earlier in the thread. Additional tickets can be purchased if you wish?

Ive been getting tons of texts/PMs and it looks like we will have over 60 people attend this Saturday. Should be a Great event. Look forward to seeing You all!  :thumbsup:

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:10 AM »
Hey everyone, Frog had a really good idea, but don't tell Keith, okay? (Keith, stop reading this RIGHT NOW)

I was trying to come up with a jar and just make it a surprise, but I couldn't find anything not glass. Since Keith puts a lot of his own money into this, we thought it might be nice to throw a few bucks as a donation into a jar. (Grabbing a burger? Throw a few bucks in, that sort of thing)

Does anyone have a good jar for such a purpose?
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #63 on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:13 AM »
How about a 5gal bucket...better yet...get a bait bucket fill that 💰
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:45 AM »
Hey everyone, Frog had a really good idea, but don't tell Keith, okay? (Keith, stop reading this RIGHT NOW)

I was trying to come up with a jar and just make it a surprise, but I couldn't find anything not glass. Since Keith puts a lot of his own money into this, we thought it might be nice to throw a few bucks as a donation into a jar. (Grabbing a burger? Throw a few bucks in, that sort of thing)

Does anyone have a good jar for such a purpose?

Awesome idea... I've got some clean 5 gallon ( soap) buckets with lids, easy enough to put a slot in it...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Mar 05, 2015, 12:15 PM »
How about a 5gal bucket...better yet...get a bait bucket fill that 💰

Duh.  ::)

Wow, I'm quite a thinker. lol.

But yeah, a 5 gallon bucket would make more room for money!

Offline NHFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Card carrying member of "TEAM FLATLANDER"
« Reply #66 on: Mar 05, 2015, 08:11 PM »
I am heading to Newfound for the first time for the IS gathering and I was wondering where to get some suckers close by the lake,  as well as what time they open.

Thanks

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Mar 05, 2015, 08:48 PM »
I am heading to Newfound for the first time for the IS gathering and I was wondering where to get some suckers close by the lake,  as well as what time they open.

Thanks

Im sure one of the Circus members could confirm this but I believe the Newfound Trading Post and Newfound Grocery both have suckers ( not sure about their latest stock/supply though? ) Im also pretty sure both are open by 6am and possibly even earlier?

If Not... Ajs is a bit of a detour... but not terribly far away and I know he has them and is open early. 

Hopefully a member who is more local will chime in with a more accurate answer?

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #68 on: Mar 06, 2015, 01:00 PM »
AA
Fishslayer20
Chasingflags and son
Fishfinder81
BarringtonBrad
Hyland33
Rando5512
meatandmetal
Bamb308
Roccus
NH Trout Fisherman
Just A Trout
Finless
Duck Dr.
Longbeard King
Hardwater24
Art 53
Loudon Fisherman and Grandsons
River Rat and his wife
"Circus/Shanty Members"
Jiggin
CH
Laker Taker
Trout Freak
Maggot
Tippin2back
Capt Black
Taint
Guinea
Lawn Guy Jack and son
Psycho
Butterfly
JRA
Toad
Lady bug
Fishnet
Grasshopper
Jr Flatlander
Beerhog
Backdraft
Lush
Lynx
Squirt
Scruffy
Mimi
Fish hunter
And a few other Circus Members...
Brookie Slayer99 ?
Brookie 442
Ice Grizz

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How'd MY name get on there ? Looks like I'll be there for a while.  :) :) :) ;D ;D
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Mar 06, 2015, 01:06 PM »
your already on the list Ben may have put it

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #70 on: Mar 06, 2015, 04:15 PM »
Looking forward to meeting many folks! Gonna be a great time! I'm going to bring a couple traps with me so I have the option but most likely I'll be perusing and conversing the majority of my stay.
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Mar 06, 2015, 04:58 PM »
trucks all loaded.. I plan on trying to find a rainbow in the morning and socializing mid day.. ... I picked up  a Frabil flow troll bait bucket  and put a donations sign on it.. I also have a dozen HD 60 gallon trash bagsto donate ,, and I selected 3  custom ( built by me) plugs for the raffle... One is a Striper pikie minnow 6" painted in tiger stripe with gold scale...the other is my own version of a 6" goo goo eye.. black with gold scale with white"whore" shadow on the eyes... lastly is a reproduction of a Danny Pinkney deep troller.. some call it a deep dive Danny but that is a misnomer... the plug is gold pink and white..

see you all in the morning... time to take the wife out for Chinese food and Mai tai's..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #72 on: Mar 06, 2015, 05:33 PM »
I'll drop every dollar in my wallet for the plugs in the raffle!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Mar 06, 2015, 06:43 PM »
Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone tomorrow. 

Just a reminder to anyone who doesn't know... the main gathering is held at the boat launch at Wellington State Park.  I will be there for 6:30 a.m. and lunch will start about noon with raffles to follow.

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #74 on: Mar 07, 2015, 07:49 AM »
Sorry guys but I'm going to have to do a last minute cancel :'(  I have no time in my schedule today, with my hockey game being the priority. Hopefully next year

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Mar 07, 2015, 02:02 PM »
A big thank you to nh trout fisherman for a great organized get together the food and comadarie was awesome  nice to meet all of you now I can match faces to names good luck and tight lines everyone for the rest of the year

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Mar 07, 2015, 02:18 PM »
X2 thanks Kieth  I enjoyed it and meeting a few members face to face. I can't believed I survived LOL Thanks again
Forry PB

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #77 on: Mar 07, 2015, 04:50 PM »
Ben and I, as always, had a fantastic time. Thanks for having us and allowing me to come.
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Mar 07, 2015, 05:06 PM »
Keith - Thanks again for yet another outstanding outing! You might just drag me out of retirement!

Offline BarringtonBrad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • either on the ice or wishing I was
« Reply #79 on: Mar 07, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Thank you nhtf great to meet you and had a great time! Met some great people,guinea thanks for the petrol! Food was excellent,no fish but then again we didn't really try lol.all we were thinking about was those meathouse steak tips!
Tight lines!!

Offline JRA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Mar 07, 2015, 07:31 PM »
Thanks Keith, great job, Great day

Offline IceGrizz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Mar 07, 2015, 07:34 PM »
I'd like take a minute and offer my sincere apologies. A family "thing" came up last minute (of course) and I wasn't able to get up there.
It's really only my loss. I missed out on the single most enjoyable fishing event of this hardwater season.
I beg of the 'Shanty's' forgiveness.....
Live until you die.
Flag's up!!
Line's tight!

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #82 on: Mar 07, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Great Job today NHTF and everyone. Had a good time, it was nice to see such a big turn out. Jake had fun being the ticket picker!!
Newfound (Circus)

Offline DovaIceFisha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Mar 07, 2015, 08:49 PM »
I wish i could have made it to meet all the fellow shanty members. If it wasn't for an extremely ill family member i would have made it for a while. I unfortunately have spent the last 3 days in and out of the hospital(things fortunately turned in the right direction today). I should be able to get out tomorrow on the ice for a bit to clear my head. It sounds like you all head a great time, it was certainly great weather.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #84 on: Mar 08, 2015, 06:49 AM »
Keith, thanks for a great time. Enjoyed the time spent with old friends as well as new.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Mar 08, 2015, 07:08 AM »
A BIG Thank You

To Everyone who made it out yesterday. We had a Great turnout with over 70 people attend! The weather was Great and the company was even better!

I personally put alot of time and $ into this event, But owe alot of its success to everyone who participated. I would also like to acknowledge several others for their contributions.... Thank You to NH Trout Freak for manning the grill and cooking over 30lbs of food! Thank You to Just a Trout for helping me out with the set up and raffle tickets. Thank You to Jiggin for helping spread the word and the NF circus participation. Thank You to those who donated a few food/raffle items... Just a Trout, Duck Dr & LBK, Roccus, JRA, Tippin2, Meat & Metal/Bam 308, Perch Boy among others. Thank You to AJs bait for your contributions to the raffle. Thank You to Aqua Assassin,  Barrington Brad and Fishslayer 20 for help with the clean up.

Thank You to Lady Bug who Very Generously donated her half of the 50/50 raffle back to cause. I will be sure to put it to good use for next years Gathering. I spoke with her at length about the fact that she had won and the $ was hers... She insisted several times that she had a great time and wanted it to go back to the cause. Very Rare to have someone like that. But not uncommon among the Newfound Circus crew... They are all about "paying it forward" and helping each other out. That's what its all about... There is always someone there willing to help out. THANK You to the NF Circus for their hospitality with such a Great Event.

Each Year the event Gets Bigger and Better! Already Looking forward to next year!
Thank You All Again!

Keith

2015 Team NH

Offline NHFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Card carrying member of "TEAM FLATLANDER"
« Reply #86 on: Mar 08, 2015, 07:34 AM »
Thanks Keith for putting this together, it was a great time. Thanks to Roccus who let me use his jump pack to get my wheeler going in the morning. Had a great day, never fished newfound before but some how ended up setting up on a good spot, a bit deeper then I am used to fishing 60 feet and was able to ice 4 lakers, the largest being 23 inches but pretty skinny. Got a chance to chat with Art 53 out on the ice, haven't see him in years, and it was nice to hear duck doctor on the radio, he was a staple on ice shanty when I joined years ago. Had a nice chat with Barrington Brad and Dova ice fisher and Aqua assassin. Also got to meet some of the circus, Jiggin, Psycho and Butterfly, Guinnie, and CH. All in all a great day to get out.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Mar 08, 2015, 10:51 AM »
Looks like a great turnout...... hopefully me and my boys will be able to make it next year. I worked until 2 yesterday or else I would have taken a ride down.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Mar 08, 2015, 12:50 PM »
I didn't realize that Ladybug did that.....she didn't even mention it when we talked about her winnings later. That's one of the things I like about her. :)

Thanks to Barrington Brad, AA, and Fishslayer for letting me fish with you guys. I enjoyed your company. Fishslayer figured out what was wrong with my auger, and Brad drilled enough holes to include me. Thank you, AA, for dragging my chariot for me. True gentlemen. (The reason you didn't catch anything is because you were fishing near me. Sorry.  ;) )

It was great to see everyone again, and meet quite a few newcomers to the site. And as always, Keith put together a great gathering. Always a pleasure to see you as well.

I'm already looking forward to next year!   

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #89 on: Mar 08, 2015, 04:30 PM »
I have to say, this event for me anyways seemed to really bring folks together not only amongst IS members but with the Newfound Circus and IS members too.

I see this as getting better and better as the years grow. Looking forward to next IS gathering. Thanks to everyone that attended. You all are awesome.

On related sad news, I can't seem to get the video from the drone off the SD card...says wrong format which is odd cause i did take a picture accidentally and that came out but not the video. Good news: still have the GoPro footage to do something with. Sorry for the disappointment.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.