Author Topic: Options around preeceville  (Read 1521 times)

Offline lipyanker

• IceShanty Rookie
Options around preeceville
« on: Nov 18, 2017, 10:56 PM »
hey folks i just moved to preeceville this past summer my fishing outings in and around preeceville up to this point have been limited to the Assiniboine river river right around preeceville and all open water its good for some small pike. But i lived in Regina before preeceville. And buffalo pound hammering perch all ice season and then last mountain thru march after that giant pike and some delicious poor mans lobster was my norm and I spent every minute I could on ice thru the winter. That season is here again and I'm at a loss here with no previous experience in the area on ice. I'm not looking for hotspots coordinances or anything pinpoint specific. Simply recommendations. Where can a guy go fairly close to Preeceville Sk to get on some perch, a few decent pike, old burbs maybe and walleye are always good for the pan! Thanks for any direction offered. It will be muchly appreciated. Just looking for lakes that have the fish in them. I can put in the time to find them from there I'm sure, thanks again!

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Options around preeceville
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2017, 10:46 AM »
 i'm not very familiar with the area, but jealous of how close you are to the duck mountains.  if i were you that's where i'd be headed, every species under the sun.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2017, 11:21 AM »
i'm not very familiar with the area, but jealous of how close you are to the duck mountains.  if i were you that's where i'd be headed, every species under the sun.
Lake of The Prairies right on the border where highway 10 turns into highway 5 in Manitoba used to be good for perch. I think you should be able to find a few perch and if not there will be some pike and Walleye.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline Panzer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2017, 02:33 PM »
Nelson lake is right next to you, and has lots of perch, lady lake has stocked rainbows and all the lakes around mcbride are pretty good and are all close to you

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2017, 12:45 PM »
Hi lipyanker,
There are a fair amount of options when it comes to fishing in that area.

A person could check out Lady Lake which is just a bit N of town and just W of highway #9.
This lake has rainbow and tiger trout.
It is aerated however, so it would not be safe to be near the area of the pump station, very thin ice.  :P

If you go further N fishing it to be had at a number of locations all fairly close together, they include,  Elderdge, McBride, Saginas, PePaw and Parr Hill Lake.
Parr Hill Lake is neat, as it has a little stream flowing into it near the boat launch. It is a natural aerator for the lake, but, it would also make for thin ice in that general area.

Somewhere to the E of the Little Swan River settlement there is a section of the Swan River with with brook trout.

Mc.Bride Lake is 72 km drive from Preeceville. 

I have fished these lake off shore in the open water season and have had luck for pike. I caught a nice sized pike out of McBride, from shore, a few falls ago.
There area also perch, walleye and white sucker in the lakes.
I have not tried any of these lakes in the winter, but hope to some time. ;)

A good number of the anglers I have chatted with from the Hudson Bay area go further E to Woody, Townsend, Elbow, Spirit, Isbister or Armit Lake.
I have never fish this group of lakes, but they say the fishing can be OK. These Lake also have pike, walleye and some perch.
This is a longer drive from Preeceville at around 129 km.

Good luck where ever you try.
:icefish:

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.