Author Topic: Delwood  (Read 1191 times)

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
Delwood
« on: Nov 19, 2017, 09:30 AM »
 Last night I gave Delwood a try mostly just to check ice thickness 10.5 to 11 inches.
I wound up with 2 nice Walleye and a small pike just as the sun was going down.
 All three hit the new Wally talker with a perch eye. I will be buying a couple more of these. I also had followers on the jigging Rap and Buckshot spoon.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

B19

Re: Delwood
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Was out at Delwood today. Usually don’t get to excited about fishing there but it’s a spot to wet a line. I tried north of the bridge at the north end. Never tried there before but it was unreal! Caught about a dozen walleye in no time!

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2017, 11:05 PM »
I have never ice fished North of the bridge. Must be pretty shallow but if they are biting go for it.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2017, 03:14 PM »
Too nice to sit in the house today so off to Delwood for a couple hours. Ice is a shade over 12 inches and some are driving on. I walked this time but will probably drive next time. Caugt a small pike right off the bat and then a couple of eater Eyes that I am going to eat tonight. All three were caught on a small rattling flier loaded with maggots.

Offline Foozie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2017, 03:23 PM »
Hey guys thanks for the posts and updates on Ice conditions. Congratulations Anglerbrian on some decent walleyes and perch already this year. If you don't mind me asking "where" is Delwood???? I can't say I've ever heard of it before, is it an actual lake or a resort on a lake??? Just curious and thanks!!

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2017, 03:31 PM »
Delwood is a Reservoir between Lanigan and Watrous. It is where the PCS Mine near Guernsey and the town of Lanigan get their water. It isn't very big but there is a good population of pike and Walleye. Limits are 3 pike and 2 Walleye I have seen a few perch on the camera but they are very timid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.