Author Topic: new skin?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
new skin?
« on: Dec 01, 2019, 08:23 PM »
anyone know if they make an insulated replacement cover for a original fish trap?  I don't know how old it is but I think its one of the first design. not sure if new ones are compatible or not.  anyone else?
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: new skin?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2019, 08:32 PM »
Got a pic of it

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2019, 04:30 AM »
the original fish trap one man is now the Scout. Measure your tub and the height of the frame then compare to the scout on the Clam web site. if the measurements are the same (which I think they will be or are really close) then you could order a thermal scout tent. You can always call customer service at 1-800-ICE-FISH or email them at : [email protected]

this might work : https://shop.clamoutdoors.com/scout-xl-thermal-tent.html
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2019, 05:26 AM »

The first ones were white
 If Its one of early blue ones it will have a wood carpet bench seat , and in the back had a small angled shelf ,They were a tank , take pic , get all the measurements, I think MCG is right any questions call clam
 Post a pic

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2019, 05:53 AM »
I have the tank version I think it is the best version of them all. There was also a 2nd version of the Dave Genz  Winter Fishing systems with a sled not as tall in the back. A litehouse tent will fit on both of these.

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2019, 10:09 AM »
the original fish trap one man is now the Scout. Measure your tub and the height of the frame then compare to the scout on the Clam web site. if the measurements are the same (which I think they will be or are really close) then you could order a thermal scout tent. You can always call customer service at 1-800-ICE-FISH or email them at : [email protected]

this might work : https://shop.clamoutdoors.com/scout-xl-thermal-tent.html

I contacted Clam about a month ago about replacing the tent on my old (1999/2000) Scout with a thermal tent and was told it wasn't available nor would it be.
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2019, 12:38 PM »

DBL set it up and post the dimensions 

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2019, 04:50 AM »
ok you guys narrowed it down pretty good.  it must a blue genz 2nd model, with the low back. thanks for all the input.  she still works just has mega caricature. lol  ill check into your suggestions.  bummer about the thermal tho.  probably have to pass her along the way she is.  I got it 20+ yrs ago for 5 bucks at garage sale. lol  one of the better buys of my life. 
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2019, 06:38 AM »
I contacted Clam 3 years ago with this same question and was told that the Scout was the only one with similar measurements. The tent (outer skin) is replaceable. Order directly from Clam

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2019, 01:35 PM »
River-Scum/DLB have either of you compared the measurements of your shelter's to ones sold by other makers such as Eskimo,Otter,etc. possibly someone makes a cover close in size that would fit. Another option would be contacting a shop that does boat covers or auto upholstery explain what you want they might be able to get insulated fabric and make you a new cover.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2019, 09:05 PM »
ok you guys narrowed it down pretty good.  it must a blue genz 2nd model, with the low back. thanks for all the input.  she still works just has mega caricature. lol  ill check into your suggestions.  bummer about the thermal tho.  probably have to pass her along the way she is.  I got it 20+ yrs ago for 5 bucks at garage sale. lol  one of the better buys of my life.

if you end up sending it down the line consider me first in line.  plan B is turn it 90* and make it a Trap pro just add poles

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.