The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Glen lake/commercial fishing/white perch thread  (Read 6564 times)

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Glen lake/commercial fishing/white perch thread
« Reply #60 on: Jan 19, 2017, 09:11 AM »

One thing that amazes me is that the commercial fishermen don't complain about there catches and if they thought there was a problem with the fish population they would be complaining but they don't when they have a bad day they just get up the next day and keep trying new spots until they find fish that want to bite it seems work pretty good for us instead of getting on the computer and complaining there no fish we go fishing all the time (SOME OF YOU SHOULD TRY IT)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline VT Mountain Musky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 19, 2017, 09:28 AM »
I would love to be able to fish all day every day, but some of us work full time and have families and so we fish as much as we can, which for me I have already been out more than a half dozens time so far this ice season, but I would think that if we could just collect some data and it would not cost the fisherman or the state or bait shops any extra money then why not??  I definitely do not want more laws and regulations on the books, but i definitely do want to keep seeing great fishing in this state for generations to come.  I give info to the mandated waterfowl survey every year, but I also participate in some other waterfowl surveys when I can because if you want to see something you love to do be able to continue on for generations then you should make sure you are helping the cause and seeing that the numbers support the activity being sustainable...on a more positive note it is going to be GORGEOUS this weekend for trout and bass opener, good luck to everyone heading out!!

Offline Panfish hauler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 19, 2017, 03:20 PM »
  Keith the State has been getting data from buyers since 1998 until 3 years ago they never used it.

From a biological stand point Keith shouldn't you be more worried about total harvest not just Commercial harvest after all it is total harvest that matters. We could be like Ontario OR Ohio where they limit recreational harvest to 50 fish or less but give the commercial fishery HUGE quotas.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 19, 2017, 03:45 PM »
same thing with northeast salt water ground fish. they can still drag but recreational fishing is limited so much it is not worth going.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.