The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Conditions and fishing succes on Carmi and Champlain  (Read 636 times)

Offline Daniel

• IceShanty Rookie
Conditions and fishing succes on Carmi and Champlain
« on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:57 AM »
I am looking to go pike fishing this Sunday for some northerns. I have been hearing some good things about Carmi and I know Champlain can always be good. I am just asking if anyone has been going after northerns in these places and if you have, how have you done and what where the conditions. I know that the recent weather will be waking some big females up, hopefully making them catchable. I appreciate any info and am interested in talking pike fishing with anyone. Thanks!

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Conditions and fishing succes on Carmi and Champlain
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2009, 11:44 AM »
Was up in Champlain last weekend. Did really well in Kelleys and Mississquoi as well as behind holiday harbor on route 2. Lots of pike as well as perch, no monsters but lot's of fish to 30 inches. A 16lber came out from somewhere on Friday, saw the picture and date but it did not say where from on the lake. Ice was very wet for friday and saturday and then corny on sunday. Seemed to be going punky pretty fast, hopefully the edges hold. Good luck with the big ones, we were hoping for one but didn't get it. Next year we are going up for a week in march so maybe then.
CJ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.