The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: photo upload alternative?!?!  (Read 1152 times)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
photo upload alternative?!?!
« on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:14 PM »
Are there any other ways to upload to the site besides "Photobucket-o-sheat"? The damn thing only works when you don't need it to! Any other similar hosting sites linked with shanty? Thank You, Keith.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: photo upload alternative?!?!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:19 PM »
Tinypic comes to mind.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:46 PM »
I'm done posting pictures here, I have some from today's outing and some from projects like custom built gear etc... and I'm all set posting them to make this forum a better place when it doesn't better itself. ..
this was a complaint if mine last year...
I'm a member of countless other forums that use apps such as forumrunner, taptalk or use thier actual own app... this allows you to upload pictures straight from your phone to your post and makes for a much more user friendly interface. .. Notifies you if someone posted in your thread or one you posted in and you click on it instead of hunting it down or missing it altogether... this forum should utilize something like that unless it costs a boatload for a subscription on a seasonal forum. .. idk...

This is a great place but not user friendly. .. I wrote an auger sharpening "how to" here which took probably 4 hours because of image hosting sites. .. I could've done it in 30 min with an app... that's why I'm all set sending a pic to image hosting, waiting then finding it, clicking it, then click get links, copy, paste, then post it here... might as well have dial up too... it takes me 8 minutes of jumping around to post a picture... maybe I'm embellishing a bit but it's a lot of work to post a few pictures in one post going back and forth through windows of web pages. ..

I apologize to the mods, admins etc... but this isn't even the future of forums I speak of, I've been using these apps since 2008!!...

Hopefully I don't get anyone upset with this post. .. but I'm thinking it's probably an annual subscription fee to use said app on a seasonal forum which wouldn't be cost effective... Not sure

Sorry guys, rant over...

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:03 PM »
Posting pics here really isnt that hard.. I dont get it..

Offline striper50trout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:13 PM »
I agree! It seems that my photo bucket account got deleted because I haven't used it a bit. That stinks! (Unless I forgot my username or password) :P
While we are on the subject of improving this site, when the heck is there going to be a mobile version?! I always use my phone and every other fishing forum I check out has one.  Except for this one and MFF

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:16 PM »
I don't really care that I have to upload with so many steps . It's the fricken photobucket-of-sheet app that only works when it feels like it . Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer a direct from phone/tablet way of uploading but it's not my site .

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:17 PM »
I agree! It seems that my photo bucket account got deleted because I haven't used it a bit. That stinks! (Unless I forgot my username or password) :P
While we are on the subject of improving this site, when the heck is there going to be a mobile version?! I always use my phone and every other fishing forum I check out has one.  Except for this one and MFF
I could have sworn there was one, hmm?

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:19 PM »

No it's not hard at all, don't get me wrong... but compared to what I'm used to, its equivalent to dial up speed to me... guess I'm just spoiled...
I also do everything from my phone A-Z... Not sure if that's what everyone does. ..

On my apps I click insert attachment, click the photo and it's there... Done. ..

To get a photo(s) on here it's many more steps and loading slow web pages with ads that pop up in my face that I might have to close or accidently click on then get caught in an adnado. .. just annoying I guess. .. like I said probably because I'm used to a click and done deal

Offline striper50trout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:21 PM »
We should be able to just copy and paste photos

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:22 PM »
No it's not hard at all, don't get me wrong... but compared to what I'm used to, its equivalent to dial up speed to me... guess I'm just spoiled...
I also do everything from my phone A-Z... Not sure if that's what everyone does. ..

On my apps I click insert attachment, click the photo and it's there... Done. ..

To get a photo(s) on here it's many more steps and loading slow web pages with ads that pop up in my face that I might have to close or accidently click on then get caught in an adnado. .. just annoying I guess. .. like I said probably because I'm used to a click and done deal
I'm with you, I haven't touched a computer in over 5 years!

Offline striper50trout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:23 PM »
I could have sworn there was one, hmm?
I haven't found it, unless I'm just clueless. That wouldn't shock me  ;D

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:24 PM »
We should be able to just copy and paste photos
Yes sir 👍Hell I'd even pay like 20.00 a year membership to take the site into the future ,you know 2016 lol

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:25 PM »
I haven't found it, unless I'm just clueless. That wouldn't shock me  ;D

My phone shows it on the top right. .. it looks like a phone icon. .. I don't like the mobile version at all though. .. it's too simplified and you can't use all the options of the full version. ..

To get back to the full "classic" version. .. you have to click home down bottom and when you get there click classic up top...

Just so you don't get lost ;)

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:26 PM »
tinypic isnt bad. Has an app too. Also has premade links that include the IMG tags. Just copy/paste the url.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:28 PM »
tinypic isnt bad. Has an app too. Also has premade links that include the IMG tags. Just copy/paste the url.
be fine for new pics but I have a ton on photobucket

Offline striper50trout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:28 PM »
My phone shows it on the top right. .. it looks like a phone icon. .. I don't like the mobile version at all though. .. it's too simplified and you can't use all the options of the full version. ..
Haha! Thanks, I'll have to give it a try

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:30 PM »
be fine for new pics but I have a ton on photobucket

Yah same here. I personally have no issues with the photobucket app. Maybe try uninstalling the app and clearing the cache. Also check the storage for a photobucket folder and see what can be cleared out.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:31 PM »
I don't really care that I have to upload with so many steps . It's the fricken photobucket-of-sheet app that only works when it feels like it . Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer a direct from phone/tablet way of uploading but it's not my site .

Under "SHARE THIS PHOTO" click on "IMG" and them paste here, that's it...  ???
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:42 PM »
Yah same here. I personally have no issues with the photobucket app. Maybe try uninstalling the app and clearing the cache. Also check the storage for a photobucket folder and see what can be cleared out.
first it said down for maintenance! Then it said can't retrieve data,check connection! Well I'm on IS, check! Tried deleting & re-downloading app! Read the comments on the play store ,same issues mentioned . Just another sh$$ app !

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:47 PM »

Under "SHARE THIS PHOTO" click on "IMG" and them paste here, that's it...  ???

But do you first have to upload it to the image hosting site?

So you take a picture, upload it/share it/email it to the hosting site, then you're in the middle of a post here, so you click home on your phone to close your browser then open the image hosting app, then find the photo, click share, then copy the img tag, then close out the app, open your browser back up and hope the page doesn't refresh and erase what you wrote so far, then paste it here?

And again for more than one picture in a post? And again?

I like my forum apps...
Click insert photo (gallery automatically opens)
Find photo
click photo (inserts photo automatically)
And you're done

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:59 PM »
When you tap on the image code it copies to your clipboard. You can copy more than one photo to the clipboard. Then long press on the I.S. screen your typing on, on my phone it gives me an option to open the clipboard and paste all the links without leaving the page. But that's only if photobucket-of-sheet is working!

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:12 PM »
I see Keith. .. that's not as bad...

See I like putting captions under stuff. .. especially when I'm posting numerous pictures. ..

So if I'm looking at a bunch of img url address jargon  after a bulk copy paste... I won't know what is what and what to write under each?

Idk... I like my click and done... maybe I can mess with other options here but I still think anything other than these made for phone forum apps is a pain because I've used em... if I hadn't I wouldn't be complaining. ..

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:14 PM »
I just tried to upload to Photobucket several times and failed. I was going to post a pic but prob won't bother now. Such a PITA
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:20 PM »
I just tried to upload to Photobucket several times and failed. I was going to post a pic but prob won't bother now. Such a PITA

I've done that many times... and never posted the pic because of it. ..

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2016, 10:31 PM »
I think there's an issue with the website itself! I tried going on the desktop version of photobucket-of-sheet and it's still not working . It worked yesterday (app) and did say under maintenance earlier today.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #25 on: Jan 20, 2016, 10:45 PM »
It appears that photobucket-of-sheet is now working again , hip hip hooray 💩

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.