Author Topic: Marcum m5 sale  (Read 995 times)

Offline Rangerphil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marcum m5 sale
« on: Nov 21, 2020, 04:00 PM »
Hello everyone! I see the marcum has the m5 on sale. Is this worth the money? I have a vx 3 now. Thanks and have a safe season!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Marcum m5 sale
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2020, 06:38 PM »
All I can say is that I’m starting on my third year this year with my M-5 with no problems or issues. Marcum is closing out their 2019 SLA units for the 2020 Lithium models. I like the dual degree ice ducer, and the 3/4” target separation. Functions between 0’ to 160’, and with the digital mechanics, it runs smoothly and quietly.
You will probably get a bunch of comments on competitors’ products, but ultimately, which unit you purchase, learn to operate it correctly, and you should be happy with most any brand of flasher.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Rangerphil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2020, 07:02 PM »
Thank you skifisher

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2020, 08:20 PM »
Not certain of the features of the VX3 ..but the 5 series has an adjustable zoom I believe ..good for cruising trout ,suspended crappie  etc in deeper water..if thats your prey could be a game changer.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2020, 08:54 PM »
@Ranger, No problem!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2020, 10:29 PM »
I have a 5 a 6 and had 1. I like the digital for certain situations but the 5 is my favorite day in day out.  I've never fished a 3 or a Vex so take this for what's worth but my old LX5 has been a stalwart for 10 years or so.  I use the 5 more often and would dump the 6 if I had to pick a single unit. 

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2020, 10:39 AM »
My LX-5 is prolly 10 years old now. Works perfectly. Sees fish in the weeds and trees that other guys can't see. It has revealed crawfish on bottom at 52 ft deep. It was not lying as I caught the crawdad the Marcum saw.  Works for me.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline fishingeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2020, 08:21 PM »
I'm on my 3rd season with mine. I love the adjustable zoom lock for when I fish the upper water column for rainbows and LL salmon. Lock the bottom for finicky crappies. THe dual cone angle is very useful especially if you fish in a shack next to a buddy. Switch to the narrow cone beam and it will filter out the clutter from your buddy's jig or bait. You won't be disappointed if you do get it.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2020, 08:34 PM »
My LX-5 is prolly 10 years old now. Works perfectly. Sees fish in the weeds and trees that other guys can't see. It has revealed crawfish on bottom at 52 ft deep. It was not lying as I caught the crawdad the Marcum saw.  Works for me.

That's crazy!  LOL...Now if it would just tell me if it was a 5 feet sturgeon or two or three 12" crappies schooling tight.  >:(  Darn sturgeon again....
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.