Author Topic: Who needs a fuel when you got octane?  (Read 9070 times)

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Who needs a fuel when you got octane?
« Reply #60 on: Oct 03, 2018, 07:23 AM »
9ah starter kit shipped today and got the gift card for the drill.  Did just get an email back from Ridgid stating the battery kit only qualifies for 3 year warranty, but seeing the screen shots above, hard to believe.....

They're wrong, register it and you'll get the LSA. Glad you got it sorted out! This drill is sweet!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #61 on: Oct 03, 2018, 11:40 AM »
whom ever mailed you that is 100% incorrect. the battery sold alone does not qualify for their lsa, but does in a kit and they sold it in a kit.
just fill out the online form and you'll be fine with the lsa. took about 2 days for both for me.

the battery is high tech too kayl and their app that goes with it.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Oct 03, 2018, 02:32 PM »
The way I look at it is,who needs all that power? I will stay with my lowly 700 In lb Ridgid. After all it can twist your wrist if you aren't careful. 1200 or 1300 In lb can break your wrist real easy.

A guy at work was drilling some steel with out the second handle on the Milwaukee.  Yup, drill caught broken wrist.
Don

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Oct 03, 2018, 03:08 PM »
A guy at work was drilling some steel with out the second handle on the Milwaukee.  Yup, drill caught broken wrist.

That’s why mine is going on a clamp plate
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Oct 03, 2018, 04:09 PM »
whom ever mailed you that is 100% incorrect. the battery sold alone does not qualify for their lsa, but does in a kit and they sold it in a kit.
just fill out the online form and you'll be fine with the lsa. took about 2 days for both for me.

the battery is high tech too kayl and their app that goes with it.

Thanks for all the help 3300!! I think I may have to contact customer support at rigid to get the lsa??  on the set I bought I know the 1/2 impact has the warranty but will have to tell the cs  the 9 amp battery was sold in a kit??  so I get them bolth as lsa.. that  is why the thank you for letting us all know and fir all the help.. now its just waiting for the battery to arive from California were it shipped from.. before I registor them..

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Oct 03, 2018, 11:35 PM »

Thanks for all the help 3300!! I think I may have to contact customer support at rigid to get the lsa??  on the set I bought I know the 1/2 impact has the warranty but will have to tell the cs  the 9 amp battery was sold in a kit??  so I get them bolth as lsa.. that  is why the thank you for letting us all know and fir all the help.. now its just waiting for the battery to arive from California were it shipped from.. before I registor them..

It's even easier now. Go to https://register.ridgidpower.com/sign-in and make an account if you don't have one. Log in and click "Register tools here" and follow the steps. Their new site allows you to upload a copy of the receipt at the time of registration; I'd recommend you do it; it can't hurt. All you need to do is print the email receipt to PDF and then upload it.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Oct 04, 2018, 03:05 AM »
It's even easier now. Go to https://register.ridgidpower.com/sign-in and make an account if you don't have one. Log in and click "Register tools here" and follow the steps. Their new site allows you to upload a copy of the receipt at the time of registration; I'd recommend you do it; it can't hurt. All you need to do is print the email receipt to PDF and then upload it.

Thanks for the tip.. looking to do the pdf now I do have a account at ridgid already but the pdf I did not know about..

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Oct 04, 2018, 03:09 AM »

Thanks for the tip.. looking to do the pdf now I do have a account at ridgid already but the pdf I did not know about..

If you use Google chrome browser it has a print to PDF option built-in on the print menu. Pm me if you need any help.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Oct 04, 2018, 03:17 AM »
If you use Google chrome browser it has a print to PDF option built-in on the print menu. Pm me if you need any help.

Thanks will do..

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Oct 06, 2018, 02:17 PM »
Finally......

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #70 on: Oct 06, 2018, 02:31 PM »
All you guy's need now are a pair of these. One on each wrist.

<===Lefty===

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #71 on: Oct 07, 2018, 11:20 AM »
All you guy's need now are a pair of these. One on each wrist.

i'm good. the ice will be just as hard as all the past seasons and i do know how to use power tools. maybe a newbie could use braces until they learn their equipment.
there are reviews already on home depot of users running this drill and none of them report injuries. if your careless it surely can and more than likely will happen. or if you use the ht mini nero auger/drill adapter as you already know.

if your worried about too much power, you could always use the screw mode on strongest setting instead of drill mode and take smaller amounts of ice or what ever your cutting.
maybe there's a market for a better ice auger/drill clutch for an adapter.
i have never had an auger bit stop completely cutting ice as the drills i used always had enough power to make sure that didn't happen. on a bit too large for the drill you can hear the drill working too hard so you stop to avoid damaging it. all that the larger amount of torque does is allow less work from the drill so less energy used from the battery and that equates to more holes per charge which mean longer battery life and less wear and tear on the drill. and one could up the load by using a larger bit if wanted. options are always nice to have.

i know it probably will be breaking more drill bits than my smaller torque drills cutting metal.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Oct 08, 2018, 04:14 PM »
Just got done registering the ridgid products I bought... printed recipets... and now charging my 9 amp battery thanks to all those for the heads up..  they have the 9 amp starter set listed as a lsa product on the ridgid registration page..  at ridgid.com so this went as smooth as posible.. did not have to contact them or any thing by the way the free tool with the 9 amp starter kit..  ends october 30 2018 this month just a heads up for those who want it??

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Oct 08, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Finally got my starter kit in the mail today. Since there’s a problem ordering the kit with the drill I had to buy the drill for full price at the store. Customer service for the website gave me $140 for the kit. This was the best way for us to get around the issue.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Oct 08, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Finally got my starter kit in the mail today. Since there’s a problem ordering the kit with the drill I had to buy the drill for full price at the store. Customer service for the website gave me $140 for the kit. This was the best way for us to get around the issue.

Nice.. glad you got one..

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Oct 08, 2018, 07:54 PM »
This thing is a beast!  The app is pretty cool too.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Oct 18, 2018, 07:23 PM »
I registered for the Lsa on October 8, I added pictures of my receipts on the online registration link someone here provided. I haven't gotten an email stating they need more info and I haven't gotten the congrats/confirmation email. Has any one else had to wait 10 days or more to get the LSA?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Oct 18, 2018, 07:28 PM »
I registered for the Lsa on October 8, I added pictures of my receipts on the online registration link someone here provided. I haven't gotten an email stating they need more info and I haven't gotten the congrats/confirmation email. Has any one else had to wait 10 days or more to get the LSA?

Yup, mine took 12 days.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Oct 18, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Ok thanks kayl, I am just ancy.

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Oct 18, 2018, 08:21 PM »
I have been waiting a couple weeks

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Oct 18, 2018, 09:48 PM »
My first drill and batteries took 2.5 weeks to register..  the next one a day and a half seemed like..  and next one the same .. might be there back logged and they got to register your account.. also it business days..  not 7 days a week.. don't for get there was columbus day too recently so keep it all in mind..

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #81 on: Oct 19, 2018, 10:25 AM »
took 2 days for drill and 2 days for battery/charger for me. check your spam folder.
your welcome to call them any time to ask questions.

their info:
Ridge Tool Company
400 Clark St
Elyria, Ohio 44035
United States
Phone: 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443)

Offline Kopower

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Oct 19, 2018, 12:48 PM »

Good to know. I just tried to buy the drill in store and have the battery shipped to me. What a fiasco. HD has 3 drills in stock, and they wouldn't let me pay for the whole kit, and take the drill home because they get an error message if I try the pick up in store. Said the only option was to express shipping it, and they could "try" to refund the shipping charge. Talked with 3 employees, a manager, and pro shop guy. Think I'll have to try a different HD.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Oct 19, 2018, 01:13 PM »
Another option is go to the service desk, and have him get someone that can help you on the phone. Order the battery kit online and ask that a e-gift card be sent to your email. I was able to order the kit to be shipped to my house and walk out with my new hammerdrill same day.

Offline Kopower

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Oct 19, 2018, 01:38 PM »
Another option is go to the service desk, and have him get someone that can help you on the phone. Order the battery kit online and ask that a e-gift card be sent to your email. I was able to order the kit to be shipped to my house and walk out with my new hammerdrill same day.

Might have to try this at a different store. The gal that was helping me was new. The manager came over, couldn't get it the order to work, and told her to call customer service. Then he just walked away. She had no clue what to do. I felt bad for the poor gal. She tried twice to call, then just gave up. Unfortunately, the manager didn't want to help at all.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Oct 19, 2018, 02:40 PM »
There is a always a risk as there is no set protocol. I drove an hour to the closest store with the drill in stock. after calling H.D. Customer service and getting advice on how we could complete the transaction, the service desk looked at me like I was speaking a different language. I asked for the manager and he called in and the best they came up with was purchasing the battery kit online and mailing me a gift card. I had to insist on a better more immediate solution as I couldn't fathom 2 hours of driving for nothing. That's when they finally offered the e gift card.

Offline Icephishwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Oct 19, 2018, 02:45 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on this deal!
Spent almost an hour with the manager to make this deal work she finally walked over grabbed the drill let me order the starter kit on her computer for free home delivery! She also told me I would need a receipt for the LSA on the drill so she said  how about 5$ walked out with the drill for 5.30$ and printed receipts for both  ;D

Offline Kopower

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Oct 27, 2018, 09:11 PM »
HD must have fixed their site, because I was able to order the drill for pickup and have the battery shipped to me. I also ended up picking up a 8" K Drill from Thorne Bros and can't wait to get this setup on the ice!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Oct 28, 2018, 02:29 AM »
HD must have fixed their site, because I was able to order the drill for pickup and have the battery shipped to me. I also ended up picking up a 8" K Drill from Thorne Bros and can't wait to get this setup on the ice!

Nice good to hear

Also want to add the deal ends for the 199.99 battery and free octane hammer drill in a few days!!  I think it's the 30th  it ends??

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Oct 28, 2018, 02:31 AM »
Here is how my deal went down. Ordered on line after conversation with on line chat help. Online help instructed me to take email confirmation with me to pick up the octane drill. Battery pack was free home  delivery. Only burr was having to drive 32 miles to pick up. My local HD had no drill in stock.  Ordered the 25 th picked up octane drill the 26 th . Battery pack was delivered the 27th via Fedex.

Registration on line was easy. No need to upload receipt just had to fill in on line order number for the lsa. Was surprised how fast the battery pack got here. Then seen Rigid tools based here in Ohio about 60 miles away.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.