Author Topic: Spring bobbers/strike indicators  (Read 817 times)

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
Spring bobbers/strike indicators
« on: Mar 18, 2018, 12:49 PM »
Ok so i have a rod (my main jigging rod), and im about to put it away for the season, it has a strike indicator that you can take off, do you guys take yohr springbobbers/strike indacators off when you put then away or do you leave them on
~Good Luck~

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Spring bobbers/strike indicators
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2018, 01:12 PM »
I have a hard case for my rods, so the only thing I do is fold over the reel handle. Everything else on the rod stays put. ;)

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2018, 01:43 PM »
I have a hard case for my rods, so the only thing I do is fold over the reel handle. Everything else on the rod stays put. ;)

Haha, i have a rod bag at the moment but after i get a flipover shack im going to invest in a hard case
~Good Luck~

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2018, 05:07 AM »
I have a St. Croix Silver, the spring bobber stays on. I strip the old line and store it as-is until next year.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2018, 07:34 AM »
on my frabill titaniums I retract them in.st Croix stay on to, but put the jig thru the hole and hook it on the hook keeper so the indicator is not bent over all year

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2018, 07:44 AM »
i use frabill titanium strike indicators (they clip on and retract fully) and rod slix sleeves go over the rods and left in the bucket with a garbage bag over the bucket. the jig is hooked into the bottom of the butt/handle and ready to fish at any time. the bucket stays in the basement where the temps are the same always and no sunlight can get to them.

not sure what indicator you use.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.