Author Topic: Outfitter advice?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline fireplug

• Team IceShanty Regular
Outfitter advice?
« on: Sep 02, 2017, 07:11 AM »
Greetings! I am hoping to make a trip to southern Ontario this winter for a weekend fishing getaway and would like some advice on good lakes to look at and outfitters who will make this trip worth the time. I am coming up from between Buffalo and Rochester, NY, and would like to keep my travel time under 8 hours. 

Hoping to catch some pike, walleye, and maybe lake trout.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

A camp on the lake shanty would be great. Only two or maybe 3 of us will be going, so lavish accommodations are not needed.

Thanks in advance!
"Most men, regardless of cause or need, blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't."
John Wayne from "The Shootist"

Offline markjsolomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Outfitter advice?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2017, 07:10 PM »
Check out any of the lake simcoe guys all are great book up fast

Chute82

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2017, 08:05 AM »
Simco has great perch, whitefish, and lake trout fishing...we rent a house on the lake and bring our own equipment.  Snowmobile and portable hut are key if you want to find the fish.  Don’t do anything stupid because the fish cops will stop you when the see the NY tags and will do a fish count. 

Offline Tye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2017, 12:42 PM »
Contact Sebastian at "Cottage Fishing Adventures".

Offline Chuck Enwinde

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2017, 03:01 AM »
Here's what I'd do.  Hit Lake Nipissing for walleye, pike, perch, burbot and whitefish.   I rent an ice bungalow from Reeds Outdoor Adventures every year and the action is usually great.  Tons of other outfitters you can check out if Reeds is booked up. Then stop at Simcoe on your way back for lake trout.

Temagami is another option - it's good for lakers and can be ok for walleye.  Whitefish and Burbot as well.  There are pike but you'll be set up over deep water. Bluehaven is a good outfitter with on ice accommodations.

Offline fireplug

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2017, 01:12 PM »
Thanks, guys! Hope the Minister of Finance keeps up her end of the bargain.
"Most men, regardless of cause or need, blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't."
John Wayne from "The Shootist"

Offline Wingthing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JustJigIt
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2017, 09:53 PM »
Another option is BOQ for Walleye although it's declined a bit but could always rebound a chance for trophy Walleye, loads of perch, then Simcoe for Lakers. Depending on how cold it gets you may be able to get some big Lakers closer to BOQ.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.